corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Combe threads and WR

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Combe threads and WR
Kurt

User status: Offline
13th Sep 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't help but think your glancing over the corsa problem, if a poll were made for which corsa was owned I imagine a majority would b, with a few c and barely d

I know it's primarily a b focused site, well actually a b sport site, there's nothing attracting the later versions of corsa

Kids these days are also better with money so can buy new or newer so are rarely buying b's

The whole chav nova stigmata seems to have rubbed off on b's now aswell, all the trendy kids want scene puppet cars with hellashite camber

Yeah ok there have been a few scene corsas but mainly newer models of corsa and other marques
Colin

13th Sep 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As with all things in life your never going to keep everyone happy, seems there's groups of poeple all wanting different things from this forum, lots of good idea's, others imo destined for ruin, but its up to Ian at the end, its his gaff! I'd like to hear what he's going to do!!
John

13th Sep 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if vauxhall change the name of the corsa next year?
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bizarre how its the people who dont own corsa and have no interest in them that are trying to force the change.........

www.corsasport.co.uk

guessing the basis of the forum is in the name you type in the browser, or link you have saved.

seems too many people log into a corsa site, and winge when people say it needs to get back to its roots of corsas. its YOU that logs in to it in the first place. bunch of whingey mongs. go join piston heads or somewhere else and try and get away with the level of stupidity people post on here.
Colin

13th Sep 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Inevitably the corsa name will be dropped, but even if it did happen sooner than later theres going to be thousands of them on the road for years to come all with owners needing a website to join
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

over 17 years of corsas its not a problem. the nova lasted for around 10. still well supported nova forums john? dont see what you are saying.
Colin

13th Sep 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
bizarre how its the people who dont own corsa and have no interest in them that are trying to force the change.........

www.corsasport.co.uk

guessing the basis of the forum is in the name you type in the browser, or link you have saved.

seems too many people log into a corsa site, and winge when people say it needs to get back to its roots of corsas. its YOU that logs in to it in the first place. bunch of whingey mongs. go join piston heads or somewhere else and try and get away with the level of stupidity people post on here.

No need for that mate. Were all trying to find the amicable solution here as corsa owners past & present. This sites got something special, I think a phase shift of members onto somewhere else leaving CS as intended would keep the majority happy......possibly even you
Rob B

13th Sep 10 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone just get on WR
Nic Barnes

well off you go then colin. make the move. people will follow you.

take some action instead of typing words ON A CORSA WEBSITE. ya ken?
Kurt

Handbags in here
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

barnes theres actually quite a few corsa owner supporting a change

anyway, lets rebrand it pumasport all the puma sites are crap
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
Handbags in here

no handbags kurt. i just dont see why people are trying to force someone into changing a website that was set up for corsas back in what 1999? to accomodate them as they dont like corsas and have no interest in them.

wtf would happen if i went on passion ford and asked them to make a vauxhall section to accomodate me? or civic forum? thats what i dont understand. why should this site change, when if this was questioned on any other site, would be told to fuck right off.
John

13th Sep 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

over 17 years of corsas its not a problem. the nova lasted for around 10. still well supported nova forums john? dont see what you are saying.

I'm saying that Ian is going for a massive corsa push, he said himself it's lucky vaux have continued the corsa.

Big corsa push, corsa gets dropped, limited the market that the big push was for instantly.

Can't backtrack and say the Zorsa is now allowed because nova's have never been.

I can see most sides here but saying you don't care about who's here currently and trying to get back to a corsa only site isn't a good option as far as I can see.

Ian regularly says it's not a democracy, which is also a bit of a crap attitude, CS is what it is solely because of the banter (which is in large part due to Ian/Staff allowing it to run like that), take that away and you've got a couple of rusty old corsa B's and a dead help section.
Colin

13th Sep 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Ive already stated I will, but I think somewhere decent to migrate to before moving accross isnt asking too much?

Ive got a premium account with the bet part of a year to run, so has my other half, i'd want that changed over to WR, a garage facility, preem forum, etc basically all you guys get just now in a different place not affiliated to any brand make of model.

If Ian does that, then he will get his result
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

say there are some new people reading this forum today steve. a corsa forum. they own a corsa and are contemplating joining a corsa forum, for discussion and interest in cars and the type of car they own. wtf is this thread going to make people think?

bet people on other sites are laughing their cocks off at the fact people who have no interest in corsas, are posting on a corsa site, saying that it needs to change to be about cars so they fit in. wtf?
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
I can't help but think your glancing over the corsa problem, if a poll were made for which corsa was owned I imagine a majority would b, with a few c and barely d

I know it's primarily a b focused site, well actually a b sport site, there's nothing attracting the later versions of corsa

Kids these days are also better with money so can buy new or newer so are rarely buying b's

The whole chav nova stigmata seems to have rubbed off on b's now aswell, all the trendy kids want scene puppet cars with hellashite camber

Yeah ok there have been a few scene corsas but mainly newer models of corsa and other marques

you mean have better access to bank of mum n dad / or just get a loan
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really have no objection to it being a corsa forum, im not trying to manouvre something for my own benefit, im simply putting my ideas forward to what i thinks best for both sites

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by Steve]
Colin

13th Sep 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

wtf would happen if i went on passion ford and asked them to make a vauxhall section to accomodate me? or civic forum? thats what i dont understand. why should this site change, when if this was questioned on any other site, would be told to fuck right off.

Nothing would happen, but then thats because its only you asking, not potentially hundreds of members that have been reg'd on the site since day dot. Anyway its all mearly suggestions & idea's just now, as im sure were all in agreement that something needs doing, however no-body's going to force any change, Ian will do whatever it is that he wants.
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im not trying to manouvre something for my own benefit,

quote:

ok.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that, believe it or not, was a joke
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
that, believe it or not, was a joke

John

13th Sep 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic can you not be serious in any thread at all?
Paul_J

13th Sep 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:

Ive already stated I will, but I think somewhere decent to migrate to before moving accross isnt asking too much?

I think this is the key of the issue... the reality is, people don't want to move away from CS to somewhere which is inferior / a niche they aren't interested in.

I've said it before...

Leave CS alone... make it more Corsa orientated to please nic.

Make new site which is more generic like pistonheads (but same as CS in every way / continues from CS database as it is now) ... merge WR into this new site as a sub 'track' section.

- then everyone who isn't interested in corsas jump to the new ship (essentially identical to CS but under new generic name)

Colin

13th Sep 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

say there are some new people reading this forum today steve. a corsa forum. they own a corsa and are contemplating joining a corsa forum, for discussion and interest in cars and the type of car they own. wtf is this thread going to make people think?

bet people on other sites are laughing their cocks off at the fact people who have no interest in corsas, are posting on a corsa site, saying that it needs to change to be about cars so they fit in. wtf?

Your not wrong there Ted, but its nothing new, its been this way for years!!!
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nic can you not be serious in any thread at all?

then he wouldnt be the nic we all love/hate

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Combe threads and WR 22 database queries in 0.0199220 seconds