corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » She's Dead.....

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author She's Dead.....
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Apr 13 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got some right cunt aunts and uncles
3CorsaMeal

13th Apr 13 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've actually now read loads about her history now. Only as fed up with mates going off about it. Me asking why and get told "she really fucked us over"

After reading about her doings. I will say I have no problem with her. Certainly not jumping on this low IQ ill informed bandwagon.

Read a good quote of hers about society and obligations
Cavey

14th Apr 13 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what side you want to fall on, how you want to take her. She did good things she did bad things.

If you wanna look only at one side then you'll love or hate her, take a balanced approach and you'll not really care either way. I'm more on dislike, but couldn't really care

There is a quite blatant north/south divide over her though.
3CorsaMeal

14th Apr 13 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't actually care either. All of it is boring.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody under the age of 45 or so cannot have a proper opinion anyway as they would have been too young to have been affected or understand things

Certainly not some student twats who have been to uni for a bit and studied media studies thinking they can now run the country.
LeeM

14th Apr 13 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

radio 1 wussed out
John

14th Apr 13 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was announced days ago.
LeeM

14th Apr 13 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

meh, dont listen to it
John

14th Apr 13 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't listened to Radio 1 for months, it was a fairly big discussion point in general last week.
Dr Pepper

14th Apr 13 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Anybody under the age of 45 or so cannot have a proper opinion anyway as they would have been too young to have been affected or understand things

Certainly not some student twats who have been to uni for a bit and studied media studies thinking they can now run the country.

So can no one have a proper opinion on anything unless they have lived through it?

That kind of rules out History as a subject doesnt it?

Why is your opinion so valid on the subject .... is your opinion more or less valid than someone who may have spent years studying a subject.

What exactly is your problem with students? Are you a bit jealous?
Russ

14th Apr 13 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

so pro tatcher steve isnt allowed to have a pro tatcher opinion.. ok
Steve
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:

So can no one have a proper opinion on anything unless they have lived through it?

That kind of rules out History as a subject doesnt it?

Why is your opinion so valid on the subject .... is your opinion more or less valid than someone who may have spent years studying a subject.

What exactly is your problem with students? Are you a bit jealous?

I think you can have some form of opinion, but I don't think you can have a proper opinion or feel genuine anger etc
Dr Pepper

14th Apr 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So we cant feel genuine anger towards say - Adolf Hitler ...even though 3 of my family were killed by his actions?

The world doesnt start from the moment you are born .... events and people from history have a direct effect on your life .... your argument doesnt make sense
Steve
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't say I feel genuine anger towards Hitler no. You could have a valid reason if he killed some of your family. Did thatcher kill 3 members of your family then?
Russ

14th Apr 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, they died of calcium deficiency
Hammer

14th Apr 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are the worst type of retard Steve, the type that believes he isn't a retard.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're the worst type of weirdo, a weirdos weirdo
Tommy

14th Apr 13 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure but I think what Steve is saying is that the opinion of somebody that has only studied an event doesn't compare to opinion of somebody who lived through the event itself. Which I am inclined to agree with.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but also most of these people haven't even studied anything to do with it
Hammer

14th Apr 13 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy
Im not sure but I think what Steve is saying is that the opinion of somebody that has only studied an event doesn't compare to opinion of somebody who lived through the event itself. Which I am inclined to agree with.

What he said was you cannot possibly be angry with someone or something if you weren't alive when it occured. Which is an absolutely ridiculous thing to suggest yet unsurprising considering it came from Steve.
BarnshaW

14th Apr 13 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve you really do make yourself look like a plank
Tommy

14th Apr 13 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean reading BBC News isn't classed as studying ?
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm hate to say it but I'm leaning on Steve's side with this one

Hating Hitler is a bit different, he's in a different league to Thatcher - but even so hatred is [should] probably not [be] the emotion you're feeling as a result of the deaths of family members you will never have met and known before.

I did a bit of a 3CM and have done a lot of research into Thatcher since she died - just so I feel a bit more educated. The fact she had the courage to stand up and make changes for the perceived greater good shines much brighter than her questionable methods in my opinion, but I'll be the first to admit I'm not politically literate or competent

I had seriously NO idea she had any involvement with football fans/hooliganism and I still think football fans operate to quite a low standard compared to other live sports which I've spectated in the past.... that's not Thatcher telling me what to make of football fans, that's the typically idiotic behavior of football fans doing it for me.

[Edited on 14-04-2013 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

What he said was you cannot possibly be angry with someone or something if you weren't alive when it occured. Which is an absolutely ridiculous thing to suggest yet unsurprising considering it came from Steve.

Perhaps not true is you are an emotional sensationalist gimp like yourself.
Hammer

14th Apr 13 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

Perhaps not true is you are an emotional sensationalist gimp like yourself.

Do you mean 'if you are'?

Anyway, getting back to your point, you couldn't be further from the truth. Of course you can have a proper opinion of someone or something and also harbour genuine anger if you weren't around at the time of its occurence. That doesn't mean faux-anger doesn't exist it just means historical figures can directly and indirectly effect those that follow. Which is exactly what Thatcher did.

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » She's Dead..... 23 database queries in 0.0188570 seconds