corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you decleare a re-map

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would you decleare a re-map
Hamish

User status: Offline
4th Dec 07 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
johnhara1

5th Dec 07 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Ben G said is correct...............(well ive seen a similar case)

When my brothers car was wrote off by some asian lad it came out that my bro's wife had forgot to declare my bro's 3 points to the insurance.

This caused a bit of a stir and the insurance made him pay the difference between his origional quote without points and a new quote with them. So he had to pay an extra £40 before the claim went through.

Now the insurance adviser on the phone wasnt happy and she said the ONLY reason they havent voided the insurance is becasue he was not at fault. If it was my bro's fault they would have not paid out because of the points.

Despite you all saying you might aswell not have insurance, if you are pulled by the police or whatever no matter what you have under the bonnet the policy you have on the car means you are still covered when you produce at the police station and also so is any 3rd party you crash into.

Yes it means you wont get paid out for your, your insurance will then be declared void and your in bother but this is why most people who do this get third party insuracne so if it's their fault they're on their own and their cars arent inspected by a repair engineer.

Shocking but it's true you just have to look on ebay for all these 2.0 Corsa's still a 1.0 on the log book.

As for the remap question, all mods are worth declaring even if its just for the fact you can say "yes officer, it is a 2.0 turbo with 300bhp and here's the list of modifications from my insurance company."

[Edited on 05-12-2007 by johnhara1]
pow
Premium Member

5th Dec 07 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Id declaire...

have you declared your exhaust?

Yes, actually. I declaire everything. The exhaust put it up 1.16 because it can be a renault extra
Toby
Premium Member

5th Dec 07 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Id declaire...

have you declared your exhaust?

Yes, actually. I declaire everything. The exhaust put it up 1.16 because it can be a renault extra

thogu optional extras dont have to be decalred because they are standard spec
pow
Premium Member

5th Dec 07 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, Id just like to make everyone aware they checked my Ibiza for a Remap.

Plugged into ODB socket with VAGCOM, was in and out in 5 mins. He asked me if there is anything i'd like to tell him before he went over the car. i said ive changed a bulb and added a sub, phone charger and satnav charger (hardwired in, amp hidden in quarter panel). He eveen helped me get the later out when he found the car extactly as insured.

[Edited on 05-12-2007 by pow]

<<  11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you decleare a re-map 22 database queries in 0.0127649 seconds