corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread
Cavey

User status: Offline
14th Apr 12 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went for the wrong Mercedes on pole
Rob_Quads

14th Apr 12 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Double DRS really made a difference there. I am sure after today the others will be working VERY hard to try and develop a similar system.

Hardest thing is trying to work out exactly where to put the air as there are so many places it could go.
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Apr 12 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty awesome damage limiation for LH and his penality. Good chance LH can come out of this the WDC leader without needing to be on the podium.

That said, I think the Mercs will go backwards which is a shame - I'd like to see them on the podium or even winning.

Not sure what happened to Button, he just fizzled into nothing - maybe McLaren are putting some more eggs in the racepace basket.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

14th Apr 12 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vettel has proper lost the plot. he is what hamilton was last year, a nervous wreck with bad luck and won't listen to his team.

so happy for rosberg, he was always a top class driver but never had the opportunities to challenge for pole before.
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Apr 12 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watched the 2011 China highlights for probably the hundredth time in the last year, hoping for a repeat of that

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 07:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted for Schumi!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 07:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C'Mom Massa

Staying out front waiting to take Hamilton out

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking useless Mclaren pit stop for Jenson, race fooked!

kennySRi

15th Apr 12 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
gutted for Schumi!

I've been wanting him to get on the podium since his return and he has nearly got it a few times but thought today would of been the day so unlucky!

How close is this battle for 2nd by the way
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This has got to be best race for sometime! 23cars still going with 6laps left!

Kimi's tyres are fooked which is a shame as he's been brilliant!

Seb next to go?!

Rosberg, Button, Webber/Vettel for podium!

kennySRi

15th Apr 12 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's seriously close, i wish time would slow down so we could see the different position races

Im just hoping hamilton gets past vettel but i cant see it tbh. Glad rosberg has got his win, really happy for him and it's about time!
kennySRi

15th Apr 12 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get in!

Now hopefully webber will pass and put vettel even further down.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great result for Nico Rosberg, faultless from start to finish, well deserved!

Awesome race, so close and all but one finished!

Cavey

15th Apr 12 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome race, 8 cars challenging for position on the same stretch of road with a few laps left
Dave

15th Apr 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a finish! China really is one of the best GP's.

Harsh for Schumacher, probably would've got a podium today, shame we didn't get to see if Jensen could catch Rosberg too. Still, steady points for the McLarens, that's what matters over the season, those two are looking favourites for drivers championship.
Kippers

15th Apr 12 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a 8 car/driver acumilator and only one who fucking ruined it was bloddy Grojean by not crashing or going off!

Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome race, loved it

LH leading the WDC, consistent and steady with the grid this tight JB may find himself on a different starting row more often than not which means pressure will be on.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Marc

15th Apr 12 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Button
Jamie-C

15th Apr 12 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasa fantastic race! Glad I got up to watch it. One of the best I've seen in a long time. Great Job by Nico Rosberg, definitely deserved that win, nice to see him finally get 1 under his belt!

Hamilton and Button done a smashing job, was good to see Hamilton back in is balls out overtaking form & lol@ Vettel throwing his toys out of the pram again
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really enjoyable race today. I love the China GP.

Gutted for Schumacher. I would live to see him win/podium. Superb drive by Nico.

Would have liked to have seen McLaren V the Merc in the last few laps!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also I like Vettel but one of the comments yesterday in quali by Jordan/Humphreys made me laugh

Where's that finger now?

He's using it to hang his helmet on

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

15th Apr 12 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best moment of the race was webber doing a dukes of hazzard style wheelie on the kerb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIXlz9uw2II

[Edited on 15-04-2012 by Ben G]
Daveskater
Premium Member

16th Apr 12 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started off as a bit of an average race imo, but then livened up during the second half Was great seeing something like 7 cars going for second place Was almost funny when Kimi's tyres went, how he just suddenly went down 12 places. Goes to show how much the tyres really do drop off at the end.

I'd like to think it would have been Button's win if he hadn't had that bad stop, but at the very least it would have been good to see them go at it. Getting back up to second was a good effort, though.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Stu_22

18th Apr 12 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Double DRS really made a difference there. I am sure after today the others will be working VERY hard to try and develop a similar system.

Hardest thing is trying to work out exactly where to put the air as there are so many places it could go.

Not really only works when using DRS and how many time did Rosberg need his DRS only good for quali
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed with Stu, I think Mercedes' advantage came from the track/ambient temperatures rather than the doubleDRS.

No question the DRS assisted the .5 sec gap in quali, but the Merc was still handy in race conditions in which they've struggled in the previous races as they were not able to get into the right operating temps for the tyres.

I think it was Ross Brawn who said in an interview that Rosberg came into pit during Malaysia saying his tyres were completely gone, yet when they inspected them they had loads of rubber left - they had just fallen out of the operating temperature.

If they struggle in Bore-ain that would add up to the temp theory, but if they go quick.... maybe they just genuinely fixed the car!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0226290 seconds