corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 2013 Top Gear/Top Gear Warning Thread

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2013 Top Gear/Top Gear Warning Thread
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Aug 13 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1) The hugely political message to the rest of the world given how far reaching the show is.
2) The celebration of British manufacturing and engineering.
3) The sense of pride in what Britain produces.

I suppose it's different for you being a scot seeing as you wouldn't really have had anything there given the lack of manufacturing in Scotland....
John

4th Aug 13 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they broke it down even further its probably the scoth behind most of it. And even further than that probably a Scot who invented everything its based on.
ed

4th Aug 13 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:
Originally posted by Stu_22
quote:
Originally posted by ed
But the thing is, the vast majority of these vehicles weren't British. Assembling other people's cars isn't the same as building your own - where does all the money go when they sell them for starters?

I'd say the value of all the employment it provides out ways the loss of final profits

Plus the supply chain as well

Which is why we're have deficit and Germany are in profit?
3CorsaMeal

5th Aug 13 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
It was a wonderful piece, but why the hell have the BBC followed it with a documentary about the might of the German car industry?

exactly what i thought, the GB buzz, lasted all of an advert break, then told how shit we were and should buy german.
Daveskater
Premium Member

5th Aug 13 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wasn't saying that we should buy German, but that we do and how it came to be that most of the cars we guy are German. I can't remember every detail as it was quite the history lesson for 9pm, but I definitely don't remember them saying that we should buy German cars.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Aug 13 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remember the closing lines being something along the lines of the future is german?

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
p

5th Aug 13 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It was a wonderful piece, but why the hell have the BBC followed it with a documentary about the might of the German car industry?

BBC's left wing agenda. We can't praise Great Britain too much because it's unfair on the rest of the world.
deano87

5th Aug 13 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a week behind and only just watched the caravan one yesterday.

Brilliant like how it was the R Tiguan as well.

SVM 286

5th Aug 13 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell, just caught the repeat!

Really enjoyed the last 25 mins or so, in spite of it being a monumental straw clutching exercise.

Quite depressing to be reminded in such a graphic fashion just how much we are now merely a cheap labour market that the Japs utilise to raise the profit margins on their products for their domestic consumers.

Had to laugh at Webber's response about the scruffy little kraut. He was very polite and controlled, but left the viewer in no doubt as to his opinion. Class.

Loved the audience reaction to the concept of him chinning him too.

Oh and the PRICE of that bloody Jag! And it was only a sodding V6.
SVM 286

5th Aug 13 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Because it was car related I suppose Dave.

I always wonder how things would have been, were it not for British post war intervention.

Was quite an eye opener in places too. Like the opinion poll about desirable cars... people picking volkswagen and audi over the likes of Aston Martin
Russ

5th Aug 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the end was a bit special
tom130691
Premium Member

5th Aug 13 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amazing engineering feature at the end of top gear, surprising how many of those companies have hired graduates this year,

i have mates at jag/landrover, jcb, rolls, nissan, aston

certainly not a dieing industry in britain

<<  11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 2013 Top Gear/Top Gear Warning Thread 23 database queries in 0.0188260 seconds