corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Election Night - Real time chat (almost)

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Election Night - Real time chat (almost)
saj_123

User status: Offline
7th May 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by saj_123
quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
PUBLIC SECTOR PAY IS BAD? ARE YOU FUCKING HAVING ME ON SAJ?

Those that work in the council offices get paid stupid money for the jobs they do, i.e. fuck all.

Ollie, I like you more and more each day
I work on a civil service contract. Most people in the office are basically glorified admin assistants earning £40k (the lowest you can earn in this department is £25k and can potentially get to £200k), getting 30 days holiday standard, bank holidays as normal plus extra days off for christmas, easter and the queens fucking birthday. They also get up to 25 flex days a year

Thats 66 days off a year as standard

O I do apologize I was under the conception that public sector pay was bad. My mistake

[Edited on 07-05-2010 by saj_123]

Thats ok mate, would you like to come around later for a cuddle?

Yea I am in absolute dismay.
Ben G

7th May 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are all going to die of aids.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 10 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
(4 times more votes, and 53 times more seats )
If your maths were correct, it would look even more stark.

4 times the votes but 53/0 times the seats.

Divide by zero = infinity.

I do think a lot of those 1.5m people would get a surprise if they actually read the policies though. Most of those votes for me are in objection to the big three and not because these people actually agree with everything they say.

I applaud the likes of UKIP and BNP for getting people interested in politics tbh. If only to denounce them.

I also think Labour will strengthen their position by letting the Cons and Lib Dem get on with it. Being in opposition to a coalition government in this climate is a gift. Sure the Tories will claim that Labour left an appalling legacy but whoever has to make these massive cuts that are absolutely necessary will catastrophically lose next time around and not get back in for a long while after that.
Hammer

8th May 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
whoever has to make these massive cuts that are absolutely necessary will catastrophically lose next time around and not get back in for a long while after that.

Good point.
Steve
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it me or do Cameron and Clegg almost look indeictal
SetH

8th May 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

They are clones created from North Korean genetics experiments... be afraid.
Hammer

8th May 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm not too sure what that means mate.
Steve
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry im dicktletick
Hammer

8th May 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will be sorry mate, any more of your cheek.
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THEY HAVE A DEAL

apparently
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/Hung-Parliament-Sky-Sources-Say-Tories-And-Lib-Dems-Have-Agreed-The-Outline-Of-A-Deal/Article/201005215628731?lpos=Politics_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15628731_Hung_Parliament%3A_Sky_Sources_Say_Tories_And_Lib_Dems_Have_Agreed_The_Outline_Of_A_Deal
adiohead

10th May 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would very much like to see brown kicked in the arse out of no.10/11
Daimo B

10th May 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gordon Brown can take a bottle of Irn Bru and shove it right up up that country screwing party ass of his.
Shell
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say NHS is poorly paid, but that seems to only apply to Nurses
MJFF88

10th May 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Browns resigning as PM & Labour have begun talks with Lib Dem
Ben G

10th May 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brown should be paraded down high streets all over the country, all tied up with the streets lined with people throwing eggs and shit, yes real shit.
Ben G

10th May 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
THEY HAVE A DEAL

apparently

Lib Dem MPs have said they want "clarification" on electoral reform in any deal to form a government with the Tories, as Simon Hughes warns agreement may not be reached today.
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be an absolute joke if labour partnered with Libs dems, the country being ruled by two LOSING parties, that would just about finish it off for me

cant see it happening though, there would be an uproar

[Edited on 10-05-2010 by Steve]
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 10 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brown steps down.

Daft really, looking like a Con-Dem coalition, which is going to make Labour look good compared to the cuts they're making and the amount of time it'll take to implement them.
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a little concerend about the fact that Nick Clegg wants to open formal talk with labour.

How can the most stable govt be one cobbled together from a bunch of parties scraped together from various obscure locations

Ridiculous to even consider it
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 10 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And browns not even stepping down really, well not until september anyway, fucking scottish prick

[Edited on 10-05-2010 by Steve]
James

10th May 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got carried away and started my own thread until I saw it in here

I fear that Clegg is keen to look at a Lib Dem > Labour coalition but has said he won't do it with GB in charge of Labour.
Butler

10th May 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heseltines got it right...

"This would be the second time we faced an unelected Labour prime minister. The only way they could get a majority in the commons would be by lining up with all the Welsh, Irish and Scottish nationalist parties. The effect of that would be that the cuts which are necessary would not happen in Scotland, Ireland or Wales. The English taxpayer ... would have to bear the cuts ...

This is mind blowing. I don't know how anyone would have such a barefaced nerve as to put such a proposition in the circumstances ... The only viable solution is for David Cameron to become the prime minister."
Hammer

10th May 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Labour/Lib Dem/Nationalist government by Friday at the latest.

You heard it here first.
John

10th May 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Heseltines got it right...

"This would be the second time we faced an unelected Labour prime minister. The only way they could get a majority in the commons would be by lining up with all the Welsh, Irish and Scottish nationalist parties. The effect of that would be that the cuts which are necessary would not happen in Scotland, Ireland or Wales. The English taxpayer ... would have to bear the cuts ...

This is mind blowing. I don't know how anyone would have such a barefaced nerve as to put such a proposition in the circumstances ... The only viable solution is for David Cameron to become the prime minister."

What a lot of shit.

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Election Night - Real time chat (almost) 22 database queries in 0.0190830 seconds