corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Galaxy S3 people

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Galaxy S3 people
A2H GO

User status: Offline
17th Oct 12 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ideal!

24 hours in and not really sure the best way to describe the overall experience/feel of the phone.

If the iPhone was a person it would be some straight backed, still upper lipped nosey next door neighbor with a perfect garden and slight OCD.

If the S3 was a person it would be a lazy laid back teenager with a messy bedroom and no real worries or cares in life.

Some of the top apps in the Play store are shocking, a widgets one at number 4 with widgets that look like they were designed by a 17 year old chav corsa driver. Do people really pay money for that?

Using it with two hands it's perfect, with one though is a bit of a chore. Why do they have to stick half of the UI in the top right hand corner The back button (which I've found you strangely become heavily reliant on since its not built into the UI anywhere like iOS) is so low that when you reach for it the top of the phone becomes unsupported and feels like it might tip out of your hand. You find yourself constantly shuffling it around your hand to access all areas of the screen.

Some of the UI is not particularly intuitive, I wouldn't consider myself to be a retard but it did take me 10 mins to find out how to delete a folder I'd created in the app draw last night

Given the screen is so large, I do feel like I'd actually want to watch stuff on it unlike any other phone I've had. Putting music on it was piece of piss not having to mess about with iTunes. Not sure whats going on with gmail, I've setup my three accounts but don't seem to be getting any new emails though, whats this 'sync' business all about?

John

17th Oct 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sync on or off just means whether stuff like gmail updates in the background or not, I've never touched that, always been on automatically.
A2H GO

17th Oct 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sync in notification centre has always been off, when I turn it on it starts syncing constantly, cycling through all my gmail accounts which doesn't seem ideal for the battery...
RichR
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

newb question but is there anyway of moving music out of iTunes/iPhone onto a S3/Android phone?
Nath

17th Oct 12 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I download through iTunes and just drag the files into the Music folder on my Nexus (Android).
A2H GO

17th Oct 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I did, just dragged and dropped all my music files into the Music folder on the S3.

You can download an app that allows you to sync it with iTunes though if you want.
RichR
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so there are no compatability problems, they'll play fine between OS?
Cavey

17th Oct 12 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, they're just mp3s
A2H GO

17th Oct 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing I miss is that single tap to go to the top in iOS, whether it be emails, safari, contacts, facebook. Is there anything like that for Android?

It's got some thing where you can double tap the top of the phone to go to the top but it only works in certain things(not Chrome or FB) and even then its a bit hit and miss.
John

17th Oct 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
My sync in notification centre has always been off, when I turn it on it starts syncing constantly, cycling through all my gmail accounts which doesn't seem ideal for the battery...

Everything on mine is set to that, just the same as your iphone would have been? I'm at 79% battery so far today.
A2H GO

17th Oct 12 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I have to have sync turned on all the time?

51% here.

You using power saving mode?

Also, is there a way to have a combined inbox for my 3 gmail accounts like on iPhone? It seems you have to choose one, then when you want to check another you have to select the other account from a drop down list and view each one separately.

[Edited on 17-10-2012 by A2H GO]
John

17th Oct 12 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have sync on all the time. Not using power saving mode. Sounds like you probably use yours more during the day than I do.

I've not seen it able to do all the inboxes in one view, probably something about that does it.
A2H GO

17th Oct 12 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been googling but can't see anything aside from messing with loads of settings to forward the mails on to a single address.

Right I'll try sync on.

Not used it much today. Can't see a switch to turn 4G off on it's own. Choice of 2g/3g/4g or just 3g. Which means if I flick it to just 3g I won't get gps or edge.

Not sure if that's affecting battery. Turned all system sounds off but still got that haptic feedback on for keyboard. Turned all motion crap off, NFC off, bluetooth off.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youl want to turn off the auto guessing of words based on a few characters too
A2H GO

17th Oct 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes that it really annoying, but I haven't turned it off because I thought it was Androids version of predictive text?

It seems to guess really long words from just a few letters, like if I want 'don't' I'll type 'don...' and it will come up 'doncaster'.

If I turn it off do I get no assistance at all in correcting misspelt words etc? I read Androids predictive text was better than Apples...

Also when I take photos it comes out nothing like it is on the screen, the screen looks really bright and colourful but then the photo comes out dark and dingy?

Steve
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Youl still get the normal prediction
A2H GO

17th Oct 12 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, I'll do that now.

Screen on the left, Photo on the right...looks really washed out, or is it because the screens so exaggerated? Noticed straight away.

EDIT: you can hardly tell now I've made it that small

Balling
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
the photo comes out dark and dingy?
I think Dom posted a link some pages back to a camera comparison between phones and the S3 delivered unreasonably dark photos in modest and low light.

It does seem strange that it appears different on your phone though. Especially seing as the OLED screen will probably have lower brightness than your average computer monitor.

A2H GO

17th Oct 12 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God knows what's going on with that. Checked on the iPhone and it's the same on the screen as the photo.

Just tried install BBC iPlayer off the Play store, apparently it's not compatible with my phone

John

17th Oct 12 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not, the new bbc media player is though.
A2H GO

17th Oct 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll give that a go instead.

This wasn't too bad the first time, getting a bit annoying now though...

Steve
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf never seen that, what you installed lol
A2H GO

17th Oct 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing at all, phone is standard.

Keeps doing it when you press the home button to got back to the home screen. Not everytime though.

I've got a folder called home in the dock on the home screen. Maybe it's related to that.

John

17th Oct 12 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've genuinely never seen that.
JM Curdy

18th Oct 12 at 05:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hate to say I told you so

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll