corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  148    149    150    151    152    153    154  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 13 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
What happened to Arsenals supposed £100m + 'warchest'?

Everyone is saying its genius but in essence he has still spent less than half the money available to him reinforcing somewhere that didnt really need it as much as other areas

Just because the money is available if the right players cant be bought then theres no point in spending for the sake of it.

Higuain was available
Suarez probably would have been but Wenger made a complete cunt of himself there
David Villa was available

The right players were there.

Ozil is a panic buy to paper over the cracks and momentarily silence the fans.
a player like ozil is NEVER a panic buy

Higuain was dropped inf avour of going for suarez, a stupid move in retrospect but you cant argue with the reasons. suarez and his camp were the cunts for not insiting on a clause, you guys added to it by being dicks that will see you get a lot less for him net year when you still dont qualify for europe :/

d.villa is not suitable enough to lead the line, i would have lpoved it if we'd have signed him but hes more of a LF anyway, he doesnt want to sit on the bench most weeks. we have to hope that somethign can be done on the striker front in Jan and that we dont get too many more injuries between now and then
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Sep 13 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is a panic buy, a good one but still panic and doesn't address all the issues, arsenal aren't short of creative midfielders
Ben J

3rd Sep 13 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
This is just the start too btw. Suarez or similar in Jan.

One big money buy and all of a sudden you'll be splashing the cash everywhere? Much like you slated Man Citeh for doing?
differnece is its our OWN cash that we have earned and generated

Exactly this.

Still money in the pot. Top striker will come in in Jan I'm certain.

And looking at who's supplying them from MF we should be able to attract a top name.
Hammer

3rd Sep 13 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
We'll let you away with the 2 regular French Internationalists then

Just looked them both up, one has 14 caps so yes regular. 1 has 1 senior cap, not regular (yet)

Patrice Evra's understudy.
strick206

3rd Sep 13 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
So was Fellaini a second choice buy for ManU? He must have been otherwise they should have triggered the release clause in his contract earlier in the summer and got him for less

I don't think he was second choice, just poor decision making by Woodward to wait, maybe he thought Everton would spend the Fellaini money before they had it so we could hold them to ransom a bit.

I think we always intended to sign Fellaini, but maybe not just Fellaini

Jamie Walby

3rd Sep 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
We'll let you away with the 2 regular French Internationalists then

Just looked them both up, one has 14 caps so yes regular. 1 has 1 senior cap, not regular (yet)

Patrice Evra's understudy.

I would like to be your understudy
Jamie Walby

3rd Sep 13 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So United paid more for Fellaini than his release clause?

Can someone explain how that works? Surely Moyes would have had a fair idea what his release clause was so how did it come about they paid more than that? I dont understand.
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Sep 13 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of the united fans in here Fellaini is a midfielder you've been needing for a long time. A genuine box to box player who will add goals as well as winning tackles. Serious threat from set pieces too.
Moyes reiterated time and again that he has come in and wanted to get to know his squad, and it would be a disservice to them if he walked in and started throwing money about. I'm really not sure wtf is going on with Kagawa, but he really needs a chance to show his worth. Fellaini and Kagawa is a fucking good prospect, and the biggest achievement Moyes made this summer was keeping Rooney, and seemingly bringing the passion back to his game (if the performance against Chelsea is anything to go by).
Chelsea are the ones who've made a huge mistake in loaning out Lukaku. Torres has no consistency anymore and Ba is average. Eto'o is a gamble!
strick206

3rd Sep 13 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I don't know if I would consider it a panic buy but if we still had a month to go in the transfer window do you seriously think Wenger would have spent 42.5 million on Ozil?

I think that although Ozil is world class it got to the point that arsenal had to make a big signing otherwise the fan backlash would have been huge.

Genius from Wenger to sign such a big name and now all you arsenal fans are forgetting you need a GK, a CB, and a CDM.

Also, yet again Arsene hasn't addressed his defensive problems and signed an attacking player (all be it this time Ozil who is world class and not Benayoun)
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Sep 13 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Can someone explain how that works? Surely Moyes would have had a fair idea what his release clause was so how did it come about they paid more than that? I dont understand.

It expired July 31st.
strick206

3rd Sep 13 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Clause expired on 31st July hence we had to pay whatever Everton wanted.

A couple of posts above I speculate on maybe why it panned out how it did
strick206

3rd Sep 13 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Some of the united fans in here Fellaini is a midfielder you've been needing for a long time. A genuine box to box player who will add goals as well as winning tackles. Serious threat from set pieces too.
Moyes reiterated time and again that he has come in and wanted to get to know his squad, and it would be a disservice to them if he walked in and started throwing money about. I'm really not sure wtf is going on with Kagawa, but he really needs a chance to show his worth. Fellaini and Kagawa is a fucking good prospect, and the biggest achievement Moyes made this summer was keeping Rooney, and seemingly bringing the passion back to his game (if the performance against Chelsea is anything to go by).
Chelsea are the ones who've made a huge mistake in loaning out Lukaku. Torres has no consistency anymore and Ba is average. Eto'o is a gamble!

I fully agree, fellaini is exactly what we needed, so Moyes has succeeded in that sense, I just question the benefits of waiting an extra month to sign him.

If we had bought him on the last day of July he would have settled in by now

The reason I suggested we maybe need a more creative midfielder as well is something is obviously going on with Kagawa and it doesn't look at the moment like Moyes really rates him. When actually if he is settled now he's a brilliant brilliant player

[Edited on 03-09-2013 by strick206]
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Sep 13 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I'm not sure why he waited so long when it was pretty much nailed on that he'd buy Fellaini he's one player I expected in early.
Edit: I wasn't referring to you with my comment about united fans There is an absolute need for a creative player, and it's odd that Kagawa hasn't had the chance. Under Ferguson and now Moyes. Although it is early doors. Maybe he's shite in training

[Edited on 03-09-2013 by Eck]
Robbo

3rd Sep 13 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

I don't know if I would consider it a panic buy but if we still had a month to go in the transfer window do you seriously think Wenger would have spent 42.5 million on Ozil?

I think that although Ozil is world class it got to the point that arsenal had to make a big signing otherwise the fan backlash would have been huge.

Genius from Wenger to sign such a big name and now all you arsenal fans are forgetting you need a GK, a CB, and a CDM.

Also, yet again Arsene hasn't addressed his defensive problems and signed an attacking player (all be it this time Ozil who is world class and not Benayoun)
we signed all 3 of those though - not what we wanted but they are numbers for now; Viviano and Flamini (CDM and cover for RB meaning Sagna can play CB)

I think he signed Ozil because there was an opportunity to do so following Bale's move, not because its necy a panic but yes, ofc we needed a big name to come in
Jamie Walby

3rd Sep 13 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

Clause expired on 31st July hence we had to pay whatever Everton wanted.

A couple of posts above I speculate on maybe why it panned out how it did

Ah I get ya!
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Sep 13 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reading from the United site and Goal.com it seems that Kagawa has been told he will get his chance from Moyes, but was afforded more time back after the confed cup. Really hope he gets a chance, as he is a great player.
Nath

3rd Sep 13 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Reading from the United site and Goal.com it seems that Kagawa has been told he will get his chance from Moyes, but was afforded more time back after the confed cup. Really hope he gets a chance, as he is a great player.

Shit mate. Steve said so.
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Sep 13 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Shit mate. Steve said so.

Really? *heads to medicine cabinet*
strick206

3rd Sep 13 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Hope so, he clearly hadn't settled last year but should be better this year
Jamie Walby

3rd Sep 13 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kagawa looks like Teddy from the Hangover 2.
Nath

3rd Sep 13 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Kagawa looks like Teddy from the Hangover 2.

DC90

3rd Sep 13 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really like kagawa, great touch, great vision and can score.
Ben J

3rd Sep 13 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did someone say Ozil???

mwg

3rd Sep 13 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

3rd Sep 13 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should panic Wank mwg I did this morning and instantly felt panic about it all

<<  148    149    150    151    152    153    154  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0769029 seconds