corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Euromillions syndicate - Next payment due 10th July

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Euromillions syndicate - Next payment due 10th July
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Jun 12 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im in
taylorboosh

27th Jun 12 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thread needs to stay for more members to see/join but id like emails for private matters
Kerry

27th Jun 12 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We need our own private sub forum IMO
XE Col
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Close lol. 13 even.

Can we start a list of those who want to do a £10 each single draw on 27th. That's on too of the usual draw. I know it's expensive but it's worth a go as its 100 millionaires going to be made.

1. Dan

2.Xe Col
XE Col
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
We need our own private sub forum IMO

like preem lounge but syndicate lounge?

Jamie-C

27th Jun 12 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Close lol. 13 even.

Can we start a list of those who want to do a £10 each single draw on 27th. That's on too of the usual draw. I know it's expensive but it's worth a go as its 100 millionaires going to be made.

1. Dan

Care to explain what exactly this is?
Cavey

27th Jun 12 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do a millionaire raffle each week that usual has 1 winner, this week its 100 winners of that raffle.

He is asking if we want an extra 5 tickets each for a tenner to be in with a chance of winning that
Dan
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill be doing 10ers worth myself, and id be happy to increase my chances by joining with others.

Im not fussed if people dont want to join it, or if theres only 2 or 3 others etc. It owuld be totally seperate to the syndicate and a one off

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Gary
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm up for that
Dan
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im just trying to sort things for making things private, where we can all communicate.

I like the fact as it stands we can all talk in one place, and everyone sees everything. Although i can see the point, non signed in players dont need to see what we have won/lost etc etc.

There isnt really an option to have a private sub forum on here, having spoken to ian, it would be far too much work to get it sorted, and i dont want ian wasting his time for this.

So does anyone have any suggestions?

Gary
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can set up forums really easy. Cant remembet the website though
Dan
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have hosting, and domains i could use and do it with, i just dont have the time to do it

Dan
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, i can add you all to buddies, and send u2u, everyone would receive it, but any responses would come to me, not everyone

Gary
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill host a forum tomorrow. Will take half hour but will juat have a random domain
Jamie-C

27th Jun 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats wrong with just posting it in here? I don't see a need for a forum and I'd probably forget to check it out each day.
taylorboosh

27th Jun 12 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just u2u
SetH

27th Jun 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus wept I manage projects with TCV's running into millions utilising leveraged teams all over the globe and 90% of this is done by email the rest by virtual rooms and teleconferences.

Are we saying we can not manage a lottery syndicate with just over a dozen members via regular email comms?

The options discussed on this page are viable alternatives for sure.

I am not repeating myself for the 3rd time why we should not be discussing our private syndicate matters on an open public forum.

This is not a dig at dan for anyone that reads this as negative as Dan has put a lot of effort in and done a good job to date.

[Edited on 27-06-2012 by SetH]
Nath

27th Jun 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the fucks going on?
SetH

27th Jun 12 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to add as per the agreement signed by all this Syndicate is not affiliated with Corsa Sport. Only that the members have come from this forum.

The thread has done its job, let's take matters pertaining to the syndicate of the forum now.

leave it open for recruitment I guess. If we really do NEED new members.
Nath

27th Jun 12 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
What the fucks going on?
SetH

27th Jun 12 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are discussing the feasibility of using email and/or setting up a small forum to manage communications between the members of our syndicate rather then an open forum.

oh and.....

7.5/10

XE Col
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With e-mails though we wouldnt be able to see the views of all other members until they had been emailed by dan?

Unless we can have some kind of conference call type email going?

Not really into all that so unsure if its possible?
SetH

27th Jun 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are many ways,

You can use voting buttons in outlook for example.

It is as simple or as complex as you want to make it.

for example

1) On the evening of each draw Dan sends a mail to all members with the results and to confirm the amount of winnings (if any)

2) If we need to change anything process wise Dan can send a mail to all using a voting system or a simple yes/no

Dan collates and manages all the email replies, why would we need to see everyone' response? It is not a commitee meeting where we sit and debate and play email tennis with each other.

Dan runs the syndicate and any changes are made by majority vote.

If I am making this sound overcomplex then apologies but it really is quite simple.

A few things to bear in mind

1) What if CS suffers an outage for considerable time
2) What if CS ceases to exist
3) What if the DB becomes corrupt and Ian is unable to restore all threads

All the above scenarios could mean we lose our audit trail, Dont forget that posts can be edited as well.

with all members being all over the UK the only way we can have a accurate audit trail that will stand up to scrutiny is via an email trail.

Any arguements/disagreements you go back through the trail.

It really is very simple.

We have an agreed format for the emails, agree the content of the email and agree the frequency. that way everyone knows what to expect, they have a record in their inbox and you don't have to sift through this thread all the time.

taylorboosh

27th Jun 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes just reply to all....
Jamie-C

27th Jun 12 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poll.

<<  13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Euromillions syndicate - Next payment due 10th July 23 database queries in 0.0264630 seconds