corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New toyota

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New toyota
neil h

User status: Offline
20th Aug 12 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So your pulling: carthrottle.com, autoviva.com and motorvision.com. 3 no name online car review sites against Steves: Evo, Top Gear, Autocar, AutoExpress and Pistonheads?

Think thats point Steven tbh.
BarnshaW

20th Aug 12 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, but in the same sense people slate top gear for always wanting more power but are happy for their review when it suits their needs

fact is, not just corsasport saying it so hardly just 3 or 4 members on this website in the whole world saying the same.
neil h

20th Aug 12 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
fact is, not just corsasport saying it so hardly just 3 or 4 members on this website in the whole world saying the same.

No its a hell of a lot of people who have never driven the car The same argument pops up on Pistonheads on a regular basis. Granted not with the reference to the traffic light GP against a diesel rep mobile but the crux of the issue being the same.
BarnshaW

20th Aug 12 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a review is a review, someones own personal experience of the car, didnt know youc an only accept evo, topgear and autocar?

if it wasnt an issue and everyone thought the same then there would not be so much discussion about it.

dont get me wrong, I am sure it will be excellent fun around the ring or trackdays, just might take you a while to get there thats all.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all hell is breaking loose in here
neil h

20th Aug 12 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
a review is a review, someones own personal experience of the car, didnt know youc an only accept evo, topgear and autocar?

if it wasnt an issue and everyone thought the same then there would not be so much discussion about it.

Didn't say I don't. I merely give more weighting to the likes of Evo/TG/Pistonheads, well established long running automotive media (with seasoned, experienced Journos) than I would to some bloke who thinks he can write and set up his own website. There are masses of 'car review' websites these days and a lot of them produce utter crap.

And if it wasn't an issue then it wouldn't be half as fun people just have different priorities. Personally i'd love a car like the GT-86 and don't see the 0-60 time as an issue. The fact I can't justify the money how ever, is.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorely tempted to buy one next year, although not overly enamoured with the styling
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Complaints that the GT/BRZ engine will need to be worked hard & right up the rev range to wring the power out of it, yet a lot on here wank over similar VTEC lumps etc?

Seems a bit contradictory...
SetH

20th Aug 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that this matters (well to me) but have their been any independent timed 0-60 tests for the GT86?

We have seen many cars in the past where independent testers have managed to knock significant time of the 0-60 dash, I think the 106 GTi being one of them?

Again, its just a figure and to me not important but lets say the quoted 7.5 is a 0-100 km/h time as well. Combine this with the possibility that independent tests might knock a few tenths of.

if someone had got it to 6.9 I think it would change a lot of peoples perceptions. I know it is only around 1/2 a second I am talking about here but the public seemed to be obsessed with what they see on paper.

In a brochure, glancing at those times will greatly affect perception.
neil h

20th Aug 12 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Sorely tempted to buy one next year, although not overly enamoured with the styling

Had a sit in one at the Festival of Speed, has the feel of a distinctly special place to be. You sit very very low to the ground
Adam_B

20th Aug 12 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they quote slower figures it will bring the insurance group down as well, not saying that's what they have done but cheaper insurance might sell more cars?
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Complaints that the GT/BRZ engine will need to be worked hard & right up the rev range to wring the power out of it, yet a lot on here wank over similar VTEC lumps etc?

My VTEC car is heavier than this Toyota, with 200bhp and it's still quicker to 60... by over a second, according to brochure figures

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

20th Aug 12 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rwd mate. makes it slower according to some people
Baskey

20th Aug 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by djgritt

My VTEC car is heavier than this Toyota, with 200bhp and it's still quicker to 60... by over a second, according to brochure figures

On damp or uneven roads the rwd will still be able to put it's power down
Colin

20th Aug 12 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are these in showrooms yet? Passed local Toyota yesterday but they didn't have one in.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
rwd mate. makes it slower according to some people

there is an element of more of a transmission loss, although that should be offset by better grip
mwg

20th Aug 12 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shut up
Ben G

20th Aug 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Shut up

excuse me, but do you know who you are talking to?
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ffs
adiohead

20th Aug 12 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Are these in showrooms yet? Passed local Toyota yesterday but they didn't have one in.

they are taking a while to reach the destinations due to being so slow.

Nath

20th Aug 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by Colin

they are taking a while to reach the destinations due to being so slow.

Nismo

20th Aug 12 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen one on the road today, looked fast.
smcGSI16V

20th Aug 12 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did it look like a Subaru or a Toyota.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toybaru
Nismo

20th Aug 12 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
Did it look like a Subaru or a Toyota.

Lexus tbh.

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New toyota 23 database queries in 0.0178380 seconds