corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » [XBOX:360] Official Cod Black OPs 2 Thread

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author [XBOX:360] Official Cod Black OPs 2 Thread
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
28th Nov 12 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not about getting better Brett its about the game letting you be better until it decides it wants to make your scores horrific.
Y869 SRA

28th Nov 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done the frizbee kill a few times. Pretty funny

I'm trying out the Scorpian now. Liking it so far but as well all the SMG's, it lacks range
Y869 SRA

28th Nov 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
It's not about getting better Brett its about the game letting you be better until it decides it wants to make your scores horrific.

Sniperfrog
Nath

28th Nov 12 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Well it makes sense that as time goes on you'd get better anyway.

Theatre is pissing me off. Made a mint video last night of me frisbee'ing a betty into someones face and killing them but the damn thing won't put it over to youtube right
its too weird to be just that. I'm inclined to agree with nic,
Brett
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Psychological thing.

Will gladly do some tests to extinguish this theory. I'll prestige and be rank 1 vs some as rank 55, use the same gun, perks, etc. and see if it differs. I'll put money on not.

Could be any other number of things, you getting host more now for instance. I just can't believe there's a function in the game to hinder people at higher ranks. 100% there's a lag compensation feature, but that won't differ depending on rank.

[Edited on 28-11-2012 by Brett]
Nic Barnes

28th Nov 12 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just the way it seems. You do well for a few games, do shit for a few games then it repeats its cycle.
Brett
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's a case of you do well for a few games so you get complacent and start thinking you're a boss by default so inevitably end up doing shit. You then realise you're shit and up your game a bit again and repeat cycle.
A2H GO

28th Nov 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

100% this, it's not rank related it's 'how well you're doing' related.

I've noticed it even within one match, started off and got 7-8 kills in a row, winning every one on one, then eventually get killed, respawn then die like 8 times in a row, not being able to take down shit, game ends, even KD ratio. I'm like

Works the other way round too. No way using the exact same class against the exact same players you suddenly go from being good to shit or vise versa.
Brett
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could dream up an explanation for that. Doing well, get killed, go running back in, get killed, each time running back in getting your rage on not really thinking about what you're doing.

The opponents are either there or they're not, the game isn't magically making people appear round a corner or at a window to shoot you

There's loads of factors that could make a 1 on 1 instance come out different ways. For example if you're running then try to draw but the opponent was just walking then drew, they'd come out on top. Then there's perks to make you draw faster and all sorts.

Just amazes me when people don't do well "it's the games fault" ha

fazza

28th Nov 12 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it worth buying? cant be assed to go back through all the pages
Brett
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you like cod, yes no doubt.
A2H GO

28th Nov 12 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not complaining because I'm shit and a lot of the time it helps me get kills I shouldn't really get

I don't believe you suddenly change your play style that dramatically between kills/deaths unless you're one of those weirdos like on youtube who takes it so seriously they go fucking mental everytime they get killed

I find it hard to believe your skill level would fluctuate so much, if you can run 100m in 12seconds, you don't have another go and it takes you 2 minutes.

[Edited on 28-11-2012 by A2H GO]
Brett
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol so you don't believe you could be less vigilent and more gun ho causing you to die, but you do believe the game has a function in there to make good players do bad? k.
Brett
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it, putting it simply you guys are too good for this game which is in turn making you shit
Nic Barnes

28th Nov 12 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're wrong Brett. It's the game. It's not me.
Y869 SRA

28th Nov 12 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:

100% this, it's not rank related it's 'how well you're doing' related.

I've noticed it even within one match, started off and got 7-8 kills in a row, winning every one on one, then eventually get killed, respawn then die like 8 times in a row, not being able to take down shit, game ends, even KD ratio. I'm like

Works the other way round too. No way using the exact same class against the exact same players you suddenly go from being good to shit or vise versa.

Exactly what is happening to me too.
Rarely works the other way round for me, nice when it does though.
Last night I was 0-6 and finished 11-8. Still shit but brought it back at least.
Y869 SRA

28th Nov 12 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett[/i
The opponents are either there or they're not, the game isn't magically making people appear round a corner or at a window to shoot you

Fucking did in MW3 Revenge spawn FTL.
SXI - Matt

28th Nov 12 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I think this some times I think it is me I just like to blame the game, although when I go back to black ops the first one I'm SOO much better on that then Black Ops two. Nothing to do with classes or guns just the way it and I play. The new one is a quicker smoother game there for it plays different, think it just takes a bit of getting used to

[Edited on 28-11-2012 by SXI - Matt]
Y869 SRA

28th Nov 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I remember playing BOp's with you once Nic and you were abit lemming like.
I was camping somewhere and you came running up the stairs trying to kill me a few times before giving up.
If it were me, I'd have given up after attempt #2 tbh.

[Edited on 28-11-2012 by V931_FEF]
A2H GO

28th Nov 12 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett you clearly think the sun shines out the arse of this game but seriously, there's more to it than just being a good or bad player.

It may simply be down to connection and the way the lag comp is implemented but I'm not naive enough to think that just because someones killed me I'm all of a sudden shit/the terminator.

It's been there in previous iterations, however in the short few hours I've payed it's more prominent in this.

Like I said, no complaining, it mostly does me a favor

Brett
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clearly I don't, I just think you lot can't accept you have good and bad games and put it down to some code in it to make you do shit.

Again, for someone who's just "playing for fun" you care how well you're doing more than I would've expected.

A2H GO

28th Nov 12 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not just separate games, it can quickly turn a match part way though and like I said you don't suddenly loose the ability to press buttons or react any slower.

Like has been said, in a world of varying internet connection speeds it's never going to be perfectly balanced, which is why when you're doing well or badly it's probably only 20-30% down to how well you're playing.

When did I mention that I care? I'm simply pointing out the obvious and quite happy to admit I'm shit.

Brett
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, so it's down to connections now and not the game making you lose lollerz

Anyway, I know it seems like I've got a massive hardon for this game, but someone has to fight it's corner. Kept me entertained today anyway

Enjoy losing, you bunch of puffs

EDIT: Because you edited too after my response. You didn't verbally say "I care", of course not, I'm just going off your responses and pushing you along in the convo

A2H GO

28th Nov 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to defend it because by the sounds of it you've wasted half your life on it since it was released

How many hours are you up to now?
Brett
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like it, trying to get personal calling me a no life. This is when debate turns into debacle.

I play it most evenings for an hour or so yeah, as do most others on here, and as I'm sure you would if you didn't have your injury and found a spare moment to stop crying about the game punishing you for being amazing at it.

To answer you're pathetic question, probably just over a days play or something like that, half of which was probably racked up on the first day it came out when I booked the day off to tan the shit out of it.

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll