corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone 6 Thread

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone 6 Thread
Generation

User status: Offline
14th Sep 14 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't say it's a lot, just that I don't use more than it.
I have wifi at home, so it's only browsing at work or out and about
Doug

14th Sep 14 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who gives a shit about what people pay for their stuff?

Some people like the premium products that Apple produce, and some people like the bragging rights stats of some Android devices.

All in all, it doesn't matter.

The same reason why people like to buy Swiss timepieces and some people like to buy G-Shocks.
evilrob
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
Some people like the premium products that Apple produce, and some people like the bragging rights stats of some Android devices.

Don't forget the people who fancy themselves a bit controversial and maverick who get a Windows Phone so as not to associate with either of the above camps.

(although it actually turns out it's quite good in its own right)

In Silver (with white, green or orange back cover):

Or Black (with black back cover):

Good looking (in my opinion) and different device - people are always interested in it, reasonable spec (Quad Core Snapdragon 2.2ghz processor, brilliant 20MP camera, 1080P 5-inch AMOLED Gorilla Glass 3 screen, decent battery life), no money upfront, £30 a month, 24 month contract, 1000 minutes, unlimited texts, 1Gb 4G (I typically only use around 300-400mb so this is ample for me), came with all this cool stuff:

And no-one thinks you're a cunt (just a bit defective in some way).

[Edited on 14-09-2014 by evilrob]
Doug

14th Sep 14 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a Windows 8.1 phone as a work phone for a short time before going to BlackBerry.

Physically, it was a lovely device. The OS just didn't hook me. That was a year ago now though so it might have improved a lot.

I certainly didn't hate the OS, I just didn't love it. I liked the hardware though.
Dom

14th Sep 14 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
Don't forget the people who fancy themselves a bit controversial....

Surely being controversial would be buying a Blackberry device (now)?
evilrob
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
I had a Windows 8.1 phone as a work phone for a short time before going to BlackBerry.

Physically, it was a lovely device. The OS just didn't hook me. That was a year ago now though so it might have improved a lot.

I certainly didn't hate the OS, I just didn't love it. I liked the hardware though.

Pretty sure it wouldn't have been 8.1 year ago, fella. 8.1 only came out in July and fixed any niggles I'd previously had with 8.0 - added a notification centre, individual volume controls for phone vs. apps / music etc., Cortana voice assistant, three colums of tiles, quiet hours... loads of stuff.

It does take a good while to get your head around live tiles, and the fact you can 'pin' component parts of apps to your home page (e.g. you could put your Mrs as a live tile from the address book - and it would show her facebook/twitter updates etc. or you could pin a Facebook group from the Facebook app that you're interested in and that would show the latest posts, or you can pin a particular folder from a particular e-mail account, or you can pin individual favourites from the built-in satnav app such as your work address and it will show you how long it reckons it will take to get there in current traffic conditions - the list goes on!)

evilrob
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
Don't forget the people who fancy themselves a bit controversial....

Surely being controversial would be buying a Blackberry device (now)?

That's a fair point. If there's ever another Zxx series I might get one of those just to be a complete cunt.

(I do actually like Blackberry 10 OS, truth be told - particularly the swipey 'hub' aspects I've come to enjoy from Windows Phone OS where various feeds are neatly linked together in one easy to digest place; it's just the devices are a bit plasticky and the company is blatantly going to go tits up soon - I'm reasonably certain Microsoft are doing OK for now!)

Generation

14th Sep 14 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do laugh at te people that are so against mainstream things , then buy their shopping from shops like Tesco..
John

14th Sep 14 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's that got to do with this thread?
Russ

14th Sep 14 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I do laugh at te people that are so against mainstream things , then buy their shopping from shops like Tesco..
the fuck ?
Cavey

14th Sep 14 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shop at Morrisons
evilrob
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I buy my fruit, veg and dairy products from Abel & Cole, and my meat from Meat Porter. Snacks come from Graze. I occasionally buy food/recipe boxes from Gousto and Hello Fresh. My coffee comes from Pact, my tea from Tea Pigs.

Everything else comes from Ocado. I try to buy organic/fair trade/eco brands like Ecover or Method.

I don't wear sandals, nor do I have an ironic moustache. I'm also quite happy to drink wine that comes out of a box, so I'm not as wannabe middle class as I'd have you believe although I do eat quinoa on too regular a basis.

John

14th Sep 14 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shop at costco/asda/lidl/home bargains if that helps.
Generation

14th Sep 14 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've taken that waaaaaaay too personal Rob
evilrob
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You've taken that waaaaaaay too personal Rob

I didn't - it's all good, fella! Reply was mostly intended for comic effect. It is true though.

Jambo

14th Sep 14 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That windows phone looks great. Like the square dimensions.
Doug

14th Sep 14 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe the 'Droid fanboys are just jealous that their new phones never get the same press coverage and hype so have to put Apple fans down to make themselves feel better? Bullies.
evilrob
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope no-one preordered with Phones4u...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/11095462/Phones-4U-collapses-into-administration-as-EE-is-final-operator-to-hang-up.html
Jambo

15th Sep 14 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good riddance, the world will be a better place. Can say it is wholly unsurprising they lost their contracts. Utter conmen.
mwg

15th Sep 14 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a price comparison spreadsheet kicking around like there was with a previous iPhone? So you can compare all the networks and plans vs buying outright. Someone on here posted a link to it

I'm on a sim only contract so probably just buy one outright but would be good to see that spreadsheet still.
mwg

15th Sep 14 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For what I want it works out £150 cheaper to buy outright and use my sim only contract.
evilrob
Premium Member

15th Sep 14 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Good riddance, the world will be a better place. Can say it is wholly unsurprising they lost their contracts. Utter conmen.

I think it's less to do with their conduct and more to do with collusion between the networks to bring them down - they all want customers to go into their own stores and pick the least worst option from their own selection, not into an environment where they might get shown something more suitable on a rival network!
Rob_Quads

15th Sep 14 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From my numbers so far with Vodaphone I am better off on contract than buying outright, works out just under £300 cheaper (but thats with my 20% discount)

The only time its cheaper buying outright is when going for GiffGaff 4G but they don't cover my work area so have written them off

[Edited on 15-09-2014 by Rob_Quads]
evilrob
Premium Member

15th Sep 14 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

evilrob
Premium Member

15th Sep 14 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll