corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
Cosmo

User status: Offline
12th Oct 09 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I could easily throw some more protein in there through meat and up the cals that way. Add some eggs and nuts to it would up it too.
Carl

12th Oct 09 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is just increasing the fat intake, which is where the calories are held in the nuts etc. As long as you still have a calorie deficit the carbs will get burned up anyway, its daft to fear the carbs! As long as you aren't going silly on them. I'd say 3g for every 1kg of body weight and you'll still cut.
Cosmo

12th Oct 09 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not fearing the carbs, this is just the amount they say to have in phase 1 which im planning on sticking to.
Carl

12th Oct 09 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've turned into Dizzy and you now fear carbs. you'll be on roids next.
Cosmo

12th Oct 09 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
You've turned into Dizzy and you now fear carbs. you'll be on roids next.

I think they are only on phase 3 of this plan.
jim_r1

12th Oct 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starting tonight.

Not really looking into my diet to much because I eat healthy with a high protein intake naturally. The only thing i am going to try change is to try and drink more water, and get away from cups of tea and coffee.

Height: 5ft 10
Weight: 86.1kg (As of this morning)
BMI: 27.2 (Apparently I'm overweight)

BRING IT!
Paul_J

12th Oct 09 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Competition on CS for the best gains / results after 90 days
Cosmo

12th Oct 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW - who else has protein bars?

Ive got some myprotein and they are the thickest cloggiest tasting things ever and its next to impossible to get through a whole one without breaking your jaw from the amount of chewing IMO
Paul_J

12th Oct 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I aint got any... but i was tempted to make some
Cosmo

12th Oct 09 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking making those ones that fella was

I think I'll just cook up some turkey breasts and have two of those instead of the protein bar
Nath

12th Oct 09 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sometimes have a protein bar after a work out and they are stodgey as fuck You can feel it going down after you've swallowed it.
DizzyRebel

12th Oct 09 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo - your diet is good... however you are lacking total calories and few key parts.

Firstly you are lacking in total protein intake... seriously you want to up this to around 250g, how you do it is up to you. shakes are one way as are extra chicken breasts etc.

Dietary fats could be upped. adding some peanut butter in 15g hits to meals 5 and 6 would add you some essential fats and good clean calories. My favourite is chocolate whey put in a blender with 200g cottage cheese. 15-20g smooth peanut butter and some ice cubes... blend it all up and its pretty good!

Finally your post workout carbs are pretty low, id add in a banana as well for PWO and maybe even some orange juice.
DizzyRebel

12th Oct 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Sugar Free jelly and Cream?

Don't laugh... but that'll contain hardly any carbs, but will be full of cals.

Calories from sugars where are only carbs in their simplest form, more than likely fructose and glucose - which are the 2 worst forms of carbs available to buy. eating something like that would instantly go to your gut. Understand not all calories are created equal.
Cosmo

12th Oct 09 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally, have been waiting for you to come on

Going to up the amount of meat eaten at lunch and dinner. I did 200g today and tbh it wasnt all that much so could easily up it more. Will throw in some more earlier in the day too, and probably try that shake you mention. Should up my protein to well over 250g Id of though, and add a few 100 calories on it too.

What amount of carbs would you recommend post workout, what I have is 30g at the moment.
DizzyRebel

12th Oct 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well 250g is a minimum really for building muscle. 300-350 is a good target to aim for as it will add plenty of bulk to your diet and stop you feeling hungry (protein is a hunger suppressor) on a low calorie diet.

The shake is good, great before bed as the casein protein from the cottage cheese stops you going catabolic overnight.

PWO carbs for cutting anywhere between 50-80g depending on what you have at breakfast.

However your PWO nutrition and pre workout feed are the most important meals for building muscle, ive been reading up on 'loaded insulin surges' for training and although im hardly training at the moment, the work as i added 2lb in one week where i trained 4 days. So for pre workout when you are bulking you want 40g of liquid carbs and 20g or protein. then immediately after training another 20g of protein and 100g of fast acting carbs (fruit, pwo carb drinks) and then an hour after that a meal of 50g protein and 50g carbs.

People underestimate how anabolic food is, and how simply timing nutrients right can give drug like gains in size.

I wish i had the time and the money to train and eat properly at the moment, ive lost half a stone over the past 4 weeks yet i look fatter... its amazing what happens when you neglect training and eat 3 meals a day!
strick206

12th Oct 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty much set up now, what multivitamins have people got to use?

That's all i need now and i'm ready to start, would prefer to order online and get them delivered than go and get them from holland and barrett, havent got the time to nip into town this week
Carl

12th Oct 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

asda etc sell multivitamins if you thats all you are after.
Cosmo

12th Oct 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just got some random multi-vitamins from holland and barrett online.
strick206

12th Oct 09 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

Carl, tbh i'm not sure what i should have, just says multivitamins on the p90x stuff, but i won't be paying over the odds just for p90x stuff

Which would you recommend?
Carl

12th Oct 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they are pretty much all the same. I just have asda's own.
Cosmo

12th Oct 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dizzy, as phase 1 on this is lower carbs, mine would now be up to 3x the amount they recommend if I add in the extra amount after the workout.

Would it make much difference if I dropped the carbs for breakfast so Im only about 2x what they recommend?

Also, whats the benefits of carbs at breakfast, Im sure it was you I read mentioning some!?
Cosmo

12th Oct 09 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had my first portion of BSN No-Explode, will leave it 30-40mins then go and do todays workout.

Read a lot of reviews on the stuff but no idea if it'll be any good or 'give me any extra'.
Paul_J

12th Oct 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna keep my diet as it is for 1st phase... then try some of this stuff up to radically increase intake for phase 2 / 3...
DizzyRebel

12th Oct 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Dizzy, as phase 1 on this is lower carbs, mine would now be up to 3x the amount they recommend if I add in the extra amount after the workout.

Would it make much difference if I dropped the carbs for breakfast so Im only about 2x what they recommend?

Also, whats the benefits of carbs at breakfast, Im sure it was you I read mentioning some!?

Well if you dont have your PWO carbs, your body goes catabolic and uses muscle tissue to aid repair of damaged muscles, so to limit carbs pwo from a mass building point of view is extremely detrimental to your progress. If you only eat carbs for breakfast and PWO then you wont store any of them as fat, so i wouldnt worry about it. its when you eat them at random times during the day and at night that they get stored as fat.

Carbs in the morning replenish liver glycogen stores, without them your liver will get glycogen from muscle cells and again this is catabolic. So breakfast carbs are important.

That no xplode stuff gives me a red flush and makes me shake and sweat like crazy. kinda like speed for an hour lol, it does seem to give you that little bit more drive to push hard though.

Cosmo

12th Oct 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just back in from the workout, I am fucked. Royally. And I know Im going to be in pain tomorrow!

I def think that No-Explode gave me something extra, as I did more than I did in the same workout last week and dont think Ive gotten any stronger in the last week, or eaten any different before.

I only had one scoop but didnt get any shakes/flushes. Will try two scoops in it tomorrow as it does say you can use up to 3.

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 23 database queries in 0.0169570 seconds