corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football Thread - Sponsored by Kenny Huang

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Football Thread - Sponsored by Kenny Huang
Marc

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Liverpool are 4th bottom.

They'll recover and get 7th come the end of the season.
Nath

23rd Aug 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Liverpool are 4th bottom.

They'll recover and get 7th come the end of the season.

That'd be a good season.
Nath

23rd Aug 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw I like it how when Liverpool lose they get about 6 pages dedicated to their loss It's all because of Cosmo too
Nic Barnes

23rd Aug 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well played city fully deserved
strick206

23rd Aug 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool are fucking rubbish
Robbo

23rd Aug 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top 4 probs BAU tbh imo
Rick Draper

23rd Aug 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool will make the top 4 this season FPMSL.

Gerrard and Torres will be handing in transfer requests tomorrow.

Glad we are starting to play as a team. Against spuds in the first half we were woeful but today we looked good and played very well.
Nismo

23rd Aug 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spuds should have torn you apart, we should have been 3-0 up at half time, you had a lucky escape imho.

And just for shits and giggles, Liverfail
Rick Draper

23rd Aug 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joe Hart was amazing in the spuds game and again pulled off some good saves tonight. Justifying himself been first choice keeper for us.
Nismo

23rd Aug 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, spot on keeper, fully deserves his payrise!
Marc

23rd Aug 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gerrard must be seriously thinking of joining a team capable of winning the league
Tommy L

23rd Aug 10 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look better with J Cole in the team. Oops Joe
p

23rd Aug 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3-0 it is then
cavmad

23rd Aug 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking magic. Didn't see the game but happy enough that the wheels have already started to detach themselves from the great Scouse bandwagon.
mwg

24th Aug 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just cannot believe that Torres was so crap last night.
Rick Draper

24th Aug 10 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was totally shit. Think rafa and Spain might have damaged him mentally. Looks very owen like, had pace, now has none.
Robbo

24th Aug 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still managed to do lescott on more than one occasion
Cosmo

24th Aug 10 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked shocking tbh, absolutely shocking.

Torres is only just getting back to fitness, his first start in a while for us. He'll be back on track soon enough I wouldnt worry about that.

Biggest worry for me is the insistence of playing Agger at LB. Gerrard in centre midfield when he should be behind Torres (unless Cole is playing). And keeping a shocking kuyt on the pitch for so long.
Robbo

24th Aug 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

genuine quetsion, think kuyt is just tired or unsettled ? normally gives 100% but he was very lacklustre last night
Cosmo

24th Aug 10 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
genuine quetsion, think kuyt is just tired or unsettled ? normally gives 100% but he was very lacklustre last night

Im gonna go for tired, but who knows really!
Tom

24th Aug 10 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor showing last night, we didn't really look up for the battle. I think 4-4-2 was a decision forced upon roy, with masch not being 'available' to play, and a part fit poulsen, it turned out to be the wrong decision as apart from anything else it was too inflexible to enable us to introduce a positive change if (when) we went a goal down. I doubt we'll be doing that again!

I find it hilarious that andy gray was pointing out the pitfalls of our defence, him and the rest of the sky lot spent the last couple of years banging the drum for rafa to change zonal marking and use more 'positive' tactics, and last night gave them a real glimpse as to why he played with formation's that used one striker and why he used zonal marking.

In saying all of that, city played well and deserved the win and I can't see them dropping many points at home this season. We have had a tricky start but i'm sure we'll bounce back and put a decent run together and hopefully have a bit more form from our big players and a better drilled formation (with and without the ball) the next time we play a big team (manure on the 19th sept). The key to us getting near the top 4 is being able to consistently beat teams in the bottom 12 (e.g 4 of our next 5 games).
strick206

24th Aug 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jovanavic is fucking useless as well
Kuyt for me is unsettled and is really considering going to Inter

If Masch goes as well that leaves you very light in terms of squad and very very light on quality

Agger aint no left back, glen johnson still cant defend.

Torres looked ok i thought last night, clearly short of fitness but still dangerous. Gerrard was very wasteful imo
mwg

24th Aug 10 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mascherano was needed last night to get in City's faces and break the play up
strick206

24th Aug 10 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Poor showing last night, we didn't really look up for the battle. I think 4-4-2 was a decision forced upon roy, with masch not being 'available' to play, and a part fit poulsen, it turned out to be the wrong decision as apart from anything else it was too inflexible to enable us to introduce a positive change if (when) we went a goal down. I doubt we'll be doing that again!

I find it hilarious that andy gray was pointing out the pitfalls of our defence, him and the rest of the sky lot spent the last couple of years banging the drum for rafa to change zonal marking and use more 'positive' tactics, and last night gave them a real glimpse as to why he played with formation's that used one striker and why he used zonal marking.

I watched the whole game yesterday and Poulsen wasn't sighted as far as i'm concerned, if you are right with him not being fit then he'll improve but if that was how he is i'd be very worried.

The defence thing, i think zonal marking is a waste of tie and was partly the reason you guys conceeded quite a few goals from set pieces last season, man to man is much better.

Personally i think the problem lies with the players, carragher isn't good enough anymore imo, should move agger to centre back, and throw a kid in at the deep end at left back. I actually quite like Skrytl or however you spell it. Good in the air and pretty solid
Tom

24th Aug 10 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Looked shocking tbh, absolutely shocking.

Torres is only just getting back to fitness, his first start in a while for us. He'll be back on track soon enough I wouldnt worry about that.

Biggest worry for me is the insistence of playing Agger at LB. Gerrard in centre midfield when he should be behind Torres (unless Cole is playing). And keeping a shocking kuyt on the pitch for so long.

We 100% need a new LB, Agger is brilliant at CB but he didn't know how to deal with (a brillaint) johnson last night. For me kuyt and glen both had poor games, which is a shame as we should have had some success down the right with Lescott at LB. There was a general lack of movement when we had the ball, which slowed down our passing and allowed city time to get organised. To be fair to Torres and Ngog, they didn't have much help from either of the wings of directly behind them.

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football Thread - Sponsored by Kenny Huang 23 database queries in 0.0142150 seconds