corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Nova 1.6 on throttle bodies, track car project - * Santa Pod, Billing + 2 track days! *

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nova 1.6 on throttle bodies, track car project - * Santa Pod, Billing + 2 track days! *
BenC1985

User status: Offline
4th May 13 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Mark. What did you paint the calipers and drums with? I need to do mine when my 256's go on. And i take it the white wheels are track wheels and the others for the road? Either way looks awesome on both sets. Lol
M Sutton

4th May 13 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys!

Yes Ben, your correct about the wheels and I just used hammerite smooth paint. Always use it on my cars and its good stuff if the calliper is keyed and cleaned first
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

4th May 13 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice Mark.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Chris C

4th May 13 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely stunning mark
M Sutton

4th May 13 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dan and Chris!
M Sutton

13th Jun 13 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*PVS update*

As some of you will know by now, I got the car on the road in time for PVS!

Got it Taxed and MOTed just over a week before the show which was good as it gave me time to get a few miles on it to make sure all was good. I did 70 miles in it before the show with no problems, was also good to bed the new brakes in.

Below are some pictures me and my mate took. Car seemed to perform well on the 1/4 mile apart from popping out of gear a few times during hard launch/burnouts (need to adjust linkage I think)

A link to videos of my two best runs are below.

My 15.2 sec run - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELyLIqSuYy0

My best 15.05 sec run - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ukBDvfVALc

Next thing to do is get tracking done and I will be booking a day at Bedford Autodrome next month to see how the car performs on track

Paul W
Premium Member

13th Jun 13 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cracking pics Mark! Looks so good, and I have to admit, those wheels suit it so well

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Robin
Premium Member

14th Jun 13 at 07:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M Sutton

14th Jun 13 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Paul

Robin
kedowan

14th Jun 13 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it Mark, goes well too. Really want that well... 'interior' if you can call it that!
M Sutton

15th Jun 13 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, cheers kedowan
Chris C

15th Jun 13 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stunning !!
M Sutton

16th Jun 13 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Chris C
M Sutton

17th Jun 13 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just booked my first trackday at Bedford Autodrome for next month
Open pitlane full day, should be fun as a mate in his 205 gti is comming along aswell!

Only new thing is me and the misses have moved into a nice big house now and I have a decent sized garage to store the Nova in just need to paint it and kit it out with all my tools!

[Edited on 17-06-2013 by M Sutton]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

17th Jun 13 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bedford is a good track, long and loads of run off done it a couple of times!
M Sutton

17th Jun 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, ive driven it twice in my peugeot but not done it in the Nova.

Only 15 minute drive from home for me so ideal!
AlexW

17th Jun 13 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a quick look around it at PVS, Tidy.

If you're fucking around with the gear linkage, I'd think converting to corsa setup, both the internal gearstick and the linkage, Nova ones are fucking terrible and it was one of the best mods done on my nova.
M Sutton

17th Jun 13 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers AlexW might give that a go at some point
FAZ
Premium Member

17th Jun 13 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would the fire extinguisher not be better in a more accesible place
Graeme
Premium Member

17th Jun 13 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

garage looks a decent size.

what day you going to bedford, never seen a track day up there.
M Sutton

18th Jun 13 at 06:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably FAZ, but its just where I put it ages ago and its just stayed lol. I leave the boot unlocked when driving so a quick dash to the back of the car will have to do!

Its monday 15th July Graeme
M Sutton

8th Sep 13 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havnt updated my thread in a while, mainly due to moving house and being busy at work!!

I attended The Retro Show @ Santa Pod in July and managed to get 5 runs up the strip. The weather was hot but the car performed well even with intake temps not helping.
Was a really good show which il deffinately attend next year!

Best run of the day was a 15.02

I also did 3 runs in my mates track day 205 GTI and managed a best of 15.9, not bad for a car with only 115bhp!
Heres a few pics from the show with the link for all of the below

http://public.fotki.com/M4rks/car-events-2013/the-retro-show-santa-pod/

One of the 205 when it was loaded of the trailor, didnt get one on the strip.

Next up was a short visit to Billing on the Sunday. As said, I moved house and its been a big expense and has taken up most weekends with DIY etc. Im glad Billing is 20 mins away so atleast I could have a look.

Parked on the PNG stand but walking round I bumped into a few of you Corsasport lads. Stand looked great with good quality cars

http://public.fotki.com/M4rks/car-events-2013/vboa-billing-aquadrome/

The day after Billing was my first Track day at Bedford Autodrome. The weather was gorgeous and it turned out to be one of the hottest days of the year! Was doing a maximum of 5 laps before pitting to let the car cool down!

My mate in his 205 also came along, he has done quite a few track days before so had more experiance but was still good fun!

Got a passenger ride in this Porsche, was a stunning car and while on track we battled with a Caterham R400 which put a huge smile on my face!

Car performed well and I clocked around 120 miles on track throughout the day. Only issue was fuel starvation, topped the car up and all was well again!

Heres 1 video that I did on the day. This was very early on so was taking it very easy to start with so there not very exciting to watch. Later in the day I got quicker but didnt get a decent video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJyp__OcJhY

http://public.fotki.com/M4rks/my-nova-track-car/bedford-autodrome-t/

Decided I wanted to do another track day once I had been paid at work so booked one at Bedford a month later. I like the circuit due to the run off areas and its 15 mins away from where I live!

After this I purchaced a Nova GTE rear ARB and got that fitted so I could test it at the next track day.

Then after giving the car a check over I noticed the cambelt was very loose. Tried to tighten it up but the bottom pully wouldnt lock, so my mate fitted all new pullys and cambelt for peace of mind!

Next track day went really well. was a warm day but not as hot as before. Was much more confident than before but after doing another 120 miles on track the only issue I had was the same as the last day. This is a common thing with Novas on track, especially with the sticky R888s. Only way to resolve was to top up the petrol around lunch time which wasnt the end of the world!

Had a passenger ride in 2 cars. A 620bhp Merc AMG and supercharged Arial Atom, both Awesome cars in there own way! I think i would go for the Atom for the fun factor.

This isnt the Atom I went in but didnt get a picture of that. The guy who owned the one below didnt feel confident enough to take me out as he had just got the car lol!

I have some Videos to upload from this event which will be up very soon.

http://public.fotki.com/M4rks/my-nova-track-car/bedford-autodrome-t-1/

My car looks abit lost in this picture lol!

Ive now decided thats the last outing for the Nova this year as I need to save some money, although I might take it for a Sunday blast if the weathers good.

I plan on sorting the fuel starvation issue out and doing some small jobs over the winter but Il update again when I do something interesting

[Edited on 11-09-2013 by M Sutton]
M Sutton

10th Sep 13 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 Videos from the last track day

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xc6nKWS-mFY&feature=c4-feed-u

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lmM_7C_WlLk

[Edited on 11-09-2013 by M Sutton]
*CorsaCal*

10th Sep 13 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes me want a nova so bad!
M Sutton

11th Sep 13 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate

<<  14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Nova 1.6 on throttle bodies, track car project - * Santa Pod, Billing + 2 track days! * 24 database queries in 0.0198939 seconds