corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th May 12 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of back and forth with parts at McLaren, seems like they've got a lot of development going on - good to see!

Ferrari have pretty much changed their car completely too

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Daveskater
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will it make any difference though, that is the question

Hamilton saying their changes are working well http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18038983

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
noshua

11th May 12 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He also confirmed that changes to both the team’s pit stop personnel, and procedures, were afoot after problems with problematic left-rear wheel nuts in both China and Bahrain. “We’ve looked at what we were doing, we have made some changes to the team and the process and we’ll see them on Sunday in Barcelona.” Whitmarsh also expressed surprise that so many people had put themselves forward for roles in the crew: “I wondered whether we would get volunteers for some of the more critical positions and I was just astounded by just how many guys in the team wanted to put themselves in those challenging positions. It reflects well on the spirit within the team. There’s been a reasonable amount of practice, some changes in process and they’ll be seen at the weekend. I believe we’ll have good pit stops.”

Sacked, moved elsewhere?
Rob E

11th May 12 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt they have been sacked. When I was working for a race team, all the guys who pitted the cars were various members of the team. Mechanics, tyre managers, truckies etc. Its a fucking well hard job when the pressure is on, believe me! For our pitstops you were only allowed one person per wheel. you had to unbolt, remove old wheel, place on new wheel and rebolt. Anything under 5 seconds a wheel was the target time. We had a rig in the workshop especially for practising and would rinse so many bottles of compressed air when practising. The torque/speed of the air guns used is unbelievable!
Rob E

12th May 12 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Williams and Sauber not looking too shabby in P3 this morning. Predictions for Qualifying? I think JB will take pole!
Rob_Quads

12th May 12 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JB struggles so much if he is not 100% happy. What a staggering difference between Hamilton & JB.

Looks like it could be very interesting. Would not be suprised to see the red bulls on the medium compound to start
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maldonado 2nd what a lap for Williams!

Alonso ringing the neck on the Ferrari again, put a little bet on him to win!

Here's hoping Hamiltons problem at end is serious!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
JB struggles so much if he is not 100% happy. What a staggering difference between Hamilton & JB.

JB nowhere today, really couldn't believe how slow he was. Even after his team radio whines through the practise sessions I didn't expect that.

Just need to see what Lewis' problem is now... Hopefully not terminal as he's about due a race win with the quali performance he's had this year.

Another bad show by Pirelli though, I think Brundle is slipping in more and more subtle digs at them in his commentary.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

12th May 12 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JB is doing what LH did last year, constantly moaning and getting angry when things aren't going his way.

nice to see something a little different in qualifying, although it's always good when LH gets on pole
Aaron

12th May 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton has had pole taken away from him. He's now starting from the back. I predict a riot from him tomorrow...look out massa.

Some shiz to do with not having enough fuel in his tank during the final session.

[Edited on 12-05-2012 by Aaron]
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was expecting five grid slots, that's insane.

While half the Q3 runners cower in the pits not wanting to shred tyres LH does possibly the lap of the season and gets that for a penalty.

If he was under fuelled for the in lap that's about .05 seconds in weight, so can't argue that his pole was I for either...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hahahahahahahaha back of grid!!!!

Well done to Maldanado for pole!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Cavey

12th May 12 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton in over the top penalty shocker
Daveskater
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could it get much worse for McLaren now? Hoping for Hamilton to go on a charge tomorrow, even though I'm more of a Button man Had Button down for pole in the pool, was gutted when he didn't make Q3

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Marc

12th May 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait for the black comments from Hamilton.
Rob_Quads

12th May 12 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the rule about not stopping on the track not also count at the end of the race yet we always see people flaunting that rule

The lack of fuel no way accounted for the difference. if this is the case they now have the argument that ANY broken rule should result in you being put to the back of the grid.
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently the fuel pump operator pressed the wrong button for a second or two which caused it. I guess the reason the penalty is so harsh is because the fuel pump operator (I wonder if he's the old rear left windy gun operator?!) announced this immediately and the team chose to continue anyway and try and blag their escape.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Cavey

12th May 12 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yet another Fuck up from McClaren, watch Hamilton get up to the front and then the pit stops balls it up and him finish 10th or something ridiculous.

In fairness, they know the rules. They fucked up. Again. Seems harsh putting him last though.
fred7

12th May 12 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He had 1.3 litres left which is enough fuel for the sample they need. The reason the penalty is so hard is because they lied about the problem. They know it was because the fuel cud b hit or miss when he go back but stopped him saying it was a technical issue. Its a shame because he was ova half a second faster.
nibnob21
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The amount of fuel he didn't have in no way would have influenced his lap time by 6 tenths! So even with the right fuel load he would have strolled onto pole. To disqualify his Q3 results would have been harsh, but to completely disqualify his whole qualifying session is an absolute joke in my opinion. School boy error from McLaren though; that spare time Hamilton had at the end of his lap before the end of the session would have been more than enough for them to have filled the tank properly in the first place. So frustrating.

MX5 Project Thread
Rick Draper

12th May 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mclaren are paying him back for fucking up Massa so many times last season. Wonder how much Massa has paid them?!
fred7

12th May 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But as we av seen this season and last anything can happen.
nibnob21
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fingers crossed he can emulate what Button achieved in the 2011 Canadian grand prix; last to first while crushing Vettel lol.

MX5 Project Thread
fred7

12th May 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was a special race for button dont think it can b done under a normal race. But he was very fast today so shud hope for top 10
nibnob21
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah wasn't being totally serious lol. Would be nice though.

MX5 Project Thread

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0210710 seconds