corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland
Rob_Quads

User status: Offline
11th Sep 14 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
What major parts does NHS Scotland not manage?

[Edited on 11-09-2014 by Rob_Quads]

Money, it is financed by a grant from the Treasury. The Treasury cuts the budget, we have no more to stop it.

and you will if you go independent? You can put more money into it obviously. Just like we 'can' in the UK at the moment but if you do that your going to have to cut other stuff or do you genuinely think your going to make a significant amount more money going independent.

This is a good example of where the Yes campaign doesn't really include any details. They say they will improve the NHS but when questioned as to where the extra money is going to come from there isn't an real answer. We know the real answer is other stuff has to be cut but that not such a good thing to shout about.

Russ

11th Sep 14 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
ROI are in a herendous mess.. That desperate they are allowing themselves to be shafted. There's newly built developments that lie less than a quarter sold (purpose built with schools to support them and new train platforms to allow commuting to Dublin) and it ha the highest emigration rate in the EU with over 250 people leaving a day..

What relevance does that have to Scotland and the Referendum? They're in a mess because of recession and they're fighting their way out of it. The articles showing ghost towns were from 2011 or 2012.
fighting their way to the airports. Fact.
Hammer

11th Sep 14 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pop
The Scottish Government were in charge of the tram system build in Edinburgh. How did that go? £375M over budget and 3 years late.

It would be hard to argue that a Scottish Government will be no better/worse at wasting money than Westminster.

At least we will have wasted it by making our own decisions.

I don't think an argument about wasting funds will stand up very will if you are going to draw a comparison. Olympics v Commonwealth Games a topical example.

Stats from July 2013. The cost of hosting the games was £8.9bn and at that point related trade and investment sat at a healthy £9.9bn. Estimates (albeit presumably optimistic) predict a final figure of up to £40bn generated

My point was/is the budgets set for each event not the economic benefit. I understand they're on a different scale but the money spent on an Olympics the people didn't really want was astronomical.
Hammer

11th Sep 14 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
What major parts does NHS Scotland not manage?

[Edited on 11-09-2014 by Rob_Quads]

Money, it is financed by a grant from the Treasury. The Treasury cuts the budget, we have no more to stop it.

and you will if you go independent? You can put more money into it obviously. Just like we 'can' in the UK at the moment but if you do that your going to have to cut other stuff or do you genuinely think your going to make a significant amount more money going independent.

This is a good example of where the Yes campaign doesn't really include any details. They say they will improve the NHS but when questioned as to where the extra money is going to come from there isn't an real answer. We know the real answer is other stuff has to be cut but that not such a good thing to shout about.

You asked which major part of the NHS do we not control, the answer is the most crucial part - its finances.

As I've said elsewhere we generate more GDP per capita than the UK as a whole as things stand, it then stands to reason without any mention of redistribution of finance or cuts from elsewhere that we will have more money to spend from day one.
Pop

11th Sep 14 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not really following the logic there. What does it matter if it cost £8.9bn or £8? The simple undeniable fact is that it has brought in more money than it cost. Whether people wanted it or not doesn't really matter as much if it's profitable.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of projects that go well over budget and are a complete waste of time. Both Scotland and England are well capable of these, as they have demonstrated many times before.

[Edited on 11-09-2014 by Pop]
Hammer

11th Sep 14 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
ROI are in a herendous mess.. That desperate they are allowing themselves to be shafted. There's newly built developments that lie less than a quarter sold (purpose built with schools to support them and new train platforms to allow commuting to Dublin) and it ha the highest emigration rate in the EU with over 250 people leaving a day..

What relevance does that have to Scotland and the Referendum? They're in a mess because of recession and they're fighting their way out of it. The articles showing ghost towns were from 2011 or 2012.

Of course they are, can't remember if I said it in this thread or another but they have a highly educated workforce and there are no jobs to accommodate them due to the financial crisis of 2008. It's irrelevant to Scotland though.
Rob_Quads

11th Sep 14 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but the money spent on an Olympics the people didn't really want was astronomical.

What the people want plays a tiny factor into it and will continue to whether you go indepedant or not. The Olympics were the perfect example of why this is the case - "People" were saying "Oh that could have been spent on education etc" when in fact we will have MORE money having staged it than we did before.
Paul_J

11th Sep 14 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's funny watching Hammer getting upset
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Sep 14 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
It's funny watching Hammer getting upset
Hammer

11th Sep 14 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't be cooler

It's even funnier no one cared until a Poll suggested Independence was a possibility now everyone gives a fuck about Scotland all of a sudden
Hammer

11th Sep 14 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll just leave this here....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQ8VVn8AJA
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Sep 14 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pronounces 'th' as 'v'. Turned it off.
Hammer

11th Sep 14 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't legislate for him coming from Norfolk unfortunately.
Aaron

11th Sep 14 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I couldn't be cooler

It's even funnier no one cared until a Poll suggested Independence was a possibility now everyone gives a fuck about Scotland all of a sudden

Don't kid yourself.
Hammer

11th Sep 14 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:
I couldn't be cooler

Don't kid yourself.

Thank you for your valued input.
Aaron

11th Sep 14 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're welcome.
Marc

11th Sep 14 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not read this thread, mainly because it doesn't affect me and Scotland can do what they want, however, on the radio on the way home they mentioned that the Scotish banks wan't to leave and move down to England so the Bank of England can bail them out should things go sour. They said there wasn't enough money in Scotland for the security of the banks. They also want to keep the currency.

Now I'm sure the currency issue has already been covered, but doesn't what the banks want verge on farcical?

You either want out or you don't. I'm going to leave my job and go self employed, but I want my current employer to keep paying me.
Stu_22

11th Sep 14 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't help think this is just a massive wast of money. Could build of new school with the money being spent on these two campaigns.
At the end of the day Scotland will face the same problems as the rest of us - big bills(education and nhs or will that be shs) and not enough money coming in
Ben G

11th Sep 14 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/11/kim-jock-un-north-korea-backs-scottish-independence-4865147/
p

11th Sep 14 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/11/kim-jock-un-north-korea-backs-scottish-independence-4865147/

Should I even read on after they called him 'Kim Jock-Un' in their headline
Russ

11th Sep 14 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Of course they are, can't remember if I said it in this thread or another but they have a highly educated workforce and there are no jobs to accommodate them due to the financial crisis of 2008. It's irrelevant to Scotland though.
you claimed ROI were doing fine on their own, this is not correct

[Edited on 11-09-2014 by Russ]
Russ

11th Sep 14 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'll just leave this here....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQ8VVn8AJA
thanks, show me the one with the bloke playing the guitar instead, he was more entertaining
Hammer

11th Sep 14 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you claimed ROI were doing fine on their own, this is not correct

[Edited on 11-09-2014 by Russ]

Did I fuck Are you making things up in your head?
Russ

11th Sep 14 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The ROI are thriving by offering tax cuts to big business, hence why Google and other huge US technology companies are spending hundreds of millions on premises over there

making it up mcdaid
Russ

11th Sep 14 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problem is, you are answering the questions you want to answer, and avoiding the others.. you're like first minister

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland 22 database queries in 0.0203259 seconds