corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Combe threads and WR

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Combe threads and WR
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
13th Sep 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
tbh its the same few members/bumchums who want to change cs and turn it into whatevertheyfeellikesport .. gtf springs to mind

agreed.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Sep 10 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
the only people that know about WR are the people on CS.

have 1 place for the corsa lot and one place for the track (for corsas)

With respect, that is bollocks.

Edit to explain myself - you of all people being close to the start of Corsa C should know that isn't the case.

I said it myself about Corsa C at the time - it was populated entirely by people from Corsa Sport. And that was the case for a short period of time before it began to stand on it's own. Now it's very big, does very well at shows and has a loyal member base that is nothing to do with Corsa Sport.

I readily admit that I underestimated the position that Corsa C was in and I'll also now admit that they've overtaken CS in terms of their ability to fill a stand. I do think they're behind the gate when stand quality is behind given out as I've never actually ever seen anyone on a CC stand as there's no reason to be there. Hence why I intend appealing to Cs and Ds to grow CS. If that avenue fails then CS gets smaller but at no time have I suggested that I want to downsize. I want more cars at shows AND an active web site. The two are not incompatible.

And I'm sure if Corsa C can do it, so can WR. Particularly in relation to the fact that WR is already attracting new members having done some good events. The momentum isn't there but the will is and that is all that CC ever had. And I'm clear it's a challenge. I just don't see it as a choice.

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Sep 10 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
people dont have as much money these days, there could be afew reasons why there wasnt many corsas there
Yes - the other clubs had them.

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
just look at the show before trax, pvs, corsasport got the best stand, doesnt that tell you that things arnt going down hill?
The stand is good, but not large. And if we're going to the trouble of having a good stand, we need a busy stand.
DaveyLC

13th Sep 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My last word on the whole situation would be one of two suggestions:

1) Rebrand as one generic car community.

2) Rebrand both so they are similar looking communities (but both seperate entities, Corsa Sport and Weekend Racer) running the same forum software, something that is in popular use and easy to get on with (phpBB etc.) you could even have a common user base to make things even simpler and if one of the communities flops option 1 is always a backup option.

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by DaveyLC]
Colin

13th Sep 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Option 2 = WIN WIN WIN....for everybody.
djgritt
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see what the issue at TVL was for CS - you had a greater turnout than Migweb!

You weren't the only club to have issues with Trax either - we had so little interest in it on VxON that we didn't even go

AlexW

13th Sep 10 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think if anything, this thread is killing corsasport a little as lots of us are thinking you dont care about it anymore.
JonnyJ

13th Sep 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
I think if anything, this thread is killing corsasport a little as lots of us are thinking you dont care about it anymore.

If he didnt care he wouldn't be trying everything he can to make it better.
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ian what i meant was wr has been populated by cs members or word of mouth from the cs community.

i honestly think wr is a waste of your time, each car club has its own version of WR built into thier site, much like the pic i did..

personally the only reason i would look at wr is because id want to get on track with the friends i have met through cs, if i never had a corsa i still wouldnt know about wr and i would just use which ever forum i was a member of.

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by chris_uk]
AlexW

13th Sep 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But nothing needs to be done, your never convice people to join corsasport, people do as they please.

this thread seems more about WR being a flop.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Sep 10 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread was about growing WR but it became about what CS is doing about itself.

I think they both need work in lots of areas. That isn't giving up.
JonnyJ

13th Sep 10 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
But nothing needs to be done, your never convice people to join corsasport, people do as they please.

this thread seems more about WR being a flop.

Did you show on the stand at Trax? It was a poor turnout corsa wise compared to others and Ian wants to improve that, i can see what he means. Even at PVS this year there was a significant drop in numbers from 2 years ago when we had a stand this big

Ian
Site Administrator

13th Sep 10 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
i honestly think wr is a waste of your time
Mostly because you've only seen the site and the not the events. Offline, WR poons.
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats my point, i have friends on there who are active and i still dont check.

and because all the events are down south i have no interest, if it wasnt for paul moaning for me to get on track i wouldnt even look twice at wr.
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Option 2 = WIN WIN WIN....for everybody.
According to the attention seeking steves post, you are wrong about that. Seems most do not want it. So win for you, loss for the majority.
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you duplicate cs onto WR? make it all the same but take out the corsa related parts, that way people can still carry on with the general convos and eventually the sites will split with the track people on wr and the corsas on cs?

i dont want cs to change, i love it how it is, i like reading all the different car projects etc.

mattk

13th Sep 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The castle combe action days are worth the trip down south, I know you are a little further north than I am but it is worth it, I think some more open pit track days need to be held though, away from the normal shows, I couldnt commit to attend though at the moment due to me having lots of more important things to spend my dosh on, next year though Im hoping to.

just been on WR the projects section is great, the events section doesnt apply to me at the min, and general chat has quite a few interesting threads in it though

cant help but notice it feels a little uptight to me on there though
AK

14th Sep 10 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WR does need to attend some 'real' trackdays in my opinion.... not just show sessioned trackdays

xa0s
Banned

14th Sep 10 at 04:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read the first few pages but I can't read them all so sorry if this has already been posted but I'd do the following:

1. Re-brand CS as a generic Corsa site and not just a Corsa B site as B's are getting rarer and rarer, soon they will be just as rare as Nova's were a few years ago and there's no way the user base can continue to grow anywhere near as fast with people seeing B's as old cars that people buy as their first car. At least with C's and D's they're still really common, it would attract a lot more members and you could still have model specific categories. Imagine a B category with help and advice, project threads, and then a C/D section with the same but keeping general and off day the same as they're both generic forum sections, a huge percentage of the topics aren't related to Corsa's.

2. Advertise WR a lot on the re-branded site (if you even feel the need to continue it after having a much more generic forum), have a track-day/racing section which is simply a direct link to that forum. I'd personally share the user databases so you instantly have a user base as I know a lot of people simply can't be bothered registering again, setting their accounts up, etc. Make them a mirror site basically, all the benefits with no down sides. You can advertise WR at shows and when they sign up they can post without knowing CS exists but if someone signs up to CS they also essentially sign up to WR too.

Even without doing step 1 you should definitely do step 2, just treat WR as a new forum category, CS users will see it just as another forum section but anyone who doesn't know about CS will treat it as an independent forum. Trying to force users over there is a bad idea if they have to manually sign up and get started again.

I'm confident it would work.
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think your no1 idea is a good idea.", but there are already well established sites for both the c and d. why would you use this site? in short you just wouldnt.
DaveyLC

14th Sep 10 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because this site attracts a more mature audience?

Imagine a similar debate on Corsa C? Every other word would be Like, innit and your-mum.

[Edited on 14-09-2010 by DaveyLC]
DaveyLC

14th Sep 10 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
WR does need to attend some 'real' trackdays in my opinion.... not just show sessioned trackdays

Agree'd ..

I'd love to go to an open pit lane at combe with a load of others from here.. I've never done a 'PROPER' trackday.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come to the open pit at oulton park then on 6th nov, if ian can get it at the right price

100 quid is what we are trying to aim for
DaveyLC

14th Sep 10 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and chris arent taking it serious enough at the moment to travel that far because knowing our luck the car will die lol!
Ojc

14th Sep 10 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve is pushing his own agenda ATM

<<  16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Combe threads and WR 22 database queries in 0.0181420 seconds