corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » The iPhone 4S, 5, 5S and 6g4s Thread

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The iPhone 4S, 5, 5S and 6g4s Thread
Dom

User status: Offline
28th Sep 11 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
iCloud doesnt stream though..

I can see the technical reasons why streaming wasn't done with iCloud but it still seems like a stupid feature to leave off, it's basically a bit more streamlined version of Dropbox (except Dropbox does streaming of music).

Be interesting to see if they do bring out a 'poverty spec' iPhone though....
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poverty spec is gay. Will have the porpers wandering round thinking they are part of the elite.

Maybe apple should differentiate between the two....

[Edited on 28-09-2011 by Gary]
Russ

28th Sep 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
You mean the touch doesnt stream? yet... ?

I thought the whole point of cloud was that your data was available everywhere you went? You have to download it to use it still?

[Edited on 28-09-2011 by Cavey]
Yes
Russ

28th Sep 11 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said. They've hardly touched the Chinese market, need a cheap as possible phone for it.
Russ

28th Sep 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Apple’s October 4th event approaches, two of Apple’s announcements have been revealed in Apple’s internal inventory system. The first is a new iPod touch. Three new iPod touch models have appeared in the system with the codename N81A. N81 is the codename for the fourth-generation black iPod touch, so the A likely represents the string of the three new white models. A device that we first revealed proof of plans for with a white fourth generation iPod touch front-plate. Since there are only new three iPod touch models - at this time – it’s likely that the black models won’t be updated. This also likely means the storage capacities will stay at their current 8GB, 32GB, and 64GB capacities.

Even more interesting are the two new iPhone SKUs that have showed up in the system. The catch is that these two SKUs are actually marked as tweaked iPhone 4s. The new device’s codename is N90A and this represents very minor changes from the iPhone 4 – which is the N90. In fact, this may be an iPhone 4 – an 8GB version as previously rumored. It is very possible that the two SKUs mean black and white models, but that is unconfirmed. We don’t think Apple’s next-generation iPhone – coming next week- would be labeled as an N90A – as it includes major internal hardware upgrades that would typically constitute a new codename. Additionally, the iPhone codename of N94 has appeared in the iOS SDK on numerous occasions.
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting mad now. 4s can suck my balls
Cavey

28th Sep 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
You mean the touch doesnt stream? yet... ?

I thought the whole point of cloud was that your data was available everywhere you went? You have to download it to use it still?

Yes

Ok, so they'll upgrade that in 6 months so it streams and charge people for it then? Clever bastards
Bart

28th Sep 11 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
As Apple’s October 4th event approaches, two of Apple’s announcements have been revealed in Apple’s internal inventory system. The first is a new iPod touch. Three new iPod touch models have appeared in the system with the codename N81A. N81 is the codename for the fourth-generation black iPod touch, so the A likely represents the string of the three new white models. A device that we first revealed proof of plans for with a white fourth generation iPod touch front-plate. Since there are only new three iPod touch models - at this time – it’s likely that the black models won’t be updated. This also likely means the storage capacities will stay at their current 8GB, 32GB, and 64GB capacities.

Even more interesting are the two new iPhone SKUs that have showed up in the system. The catch is that these two SKUs are actually marked as tweaked iPhone 4s. The new device’s codename is N90A and this represents very minor changes from the iPhone 4 – which is the N90. In fact, this may be an iPhone 4 – an 8GB version as previously rumored. It is very possible that the two SKUs mean black and white models, but that is unconfirmed. We don’t think Apple’s next-generation iPhone – coming next week- would be labeled as an N90A – as it includes major internal hardware upgrades that would typically constitute a new codename. Additionally, the iPhone codename of N94 has appeared in the iOS SDK on numerous occasions.

I think that kinda falls in line with what everyones expecting... no major game changes, just a faster processor and updated camera.
A 4GS if you like..... even if it gets called something else.

[Edited on 28-09-2011 by Bart]
antscorsa

28th Sep 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
I almost think it will be a updated 4s but they will unveil a new iPod touch that will be the basis for the next phone 5 next year such as wider screen thinner chassis etc hence the Chinese plastic cases we have been seeing lately

Predicted this ages ago, makes perfect business sense for them as people will buy the new bigger touch as Xmas presents, then allows app builders to accommodate the larger screen and resolution for iPhone 5 launch
Cavey

28th Sep 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon it'll be a 4s instead of a whole re-design
Nismo

28th Sep 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.iClarified.com/17100

4s by the looks of it
Nismo

28th Sep 11 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ps repost I know as I'm in my iPhone and couldn't be assed to read the thread
Russ

28th Sep 11 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
http://www.iClarified.com/17100

4s by the looks of it
n94 mentioned numerous times in Sdk
Jambo

28th Sep 11 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see it needing to be more up to date apart from processing speed and cam. Be interesting if they did go teardrop design. That would be more than likely a 5 as the shape would change and traditionally they changed the name with the shape.

Ive got tingly balls. I want one
Hammer

28th Sep 11 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's a shitey 4S I'm buying an Android phone.

In fact I probably will anyway as I don't particularly fancy being associated with the weirdos that live for this fucking phone
Russ

29th Sep 11 at 05:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul
sc0ott

29th Sep 11 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That tesco case is boss.

I have another year or less on my 4 contract so im just going to keep on trucking.
Russ

29th Sep 11 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nismo

29th Sep 11 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's beyond belief how can they even deny it?
Jambo

29th Sep 11 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
That's beyond belief how can they even deny it?
sc0ott

29th Sep 11 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it pathetic how a big name like samsung would do that. Just goes to show how much theyre trying to outsell apple.

I expected this from LG, but samdung.
Dom

29th Sep 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Similar, not the same though which is what Apple are trying to argue. And if you go down the similar road then there are similarities between the iPad and previous tablet products.
Russ

29th Sep 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom, they have the App Store logo on their walls mate
adiohead

29th Sep 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Dom, they have the App Store logo on their walls mate and windows seven is the same as vista

Dom

29th Sep 11 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talking about the product, mate

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll