corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Explosions in Boston (US)

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Explosions in Boston (US)
mattant

User status: Offline
20th Apr 13 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
why on earth, after carrying out something like this, would you want to be taken alive?

Why bother killing yourself? he's going to be executed anyway so he might as well stay alive to see the mess he made (James Holmes is being executed so it's likely he will too)
Ben G

20th Apr 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because it's just not the done thing. his brother went out 'in a blaze of glory' as such, and therefore gets the virgins he craves so much.

his brother just gets beaten to near death, put on a show trial and executed without a fight.
GB123
Premium Member

20th Apr 13 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattant
(James Holmes is being executed so it's likely he will too)

They're trying to seek the death penalty for James Holmes, the trial isn't until next year.
alan-g-w

20th Apr 13 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
couple things i can't understand.

why didn't the local who found the guy get shot?

why on earth, after carrying out something like this, would you want to be taken alive?

it just doesn't add up. i agree with 'p', brainwashed by his older brother, then realised what he'd done when his brother died and shit himself.

I'd say it was to do with these untreated injuries he'd sustained, maybe he couldn't even lift a gun in the first place.

[Edited on 20-04-2013 by alan-g-w]
p

20th Apr 13 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
couple things i can't understand.

why didn't the local who found the guy get shot?

it just doesn't add up. i agree with 'p', brainwashed by his older brother, then realised what he'd done when his brother died and shit himself.

It is indeed interesting. Many questions with not many answers, unfortunately. I doubt we'll get many, either.

About the shitting himself part, I don't know. He got injured like fuck last night by all accounts, so how he got from where he escaped to the boat area in the shape he was in is beyond me. And by all accounts it was pretty far away. I'm going to assume he did most of the travelling at night, because for sure someone would of seen him earlier in the day had it been light out. Perhaps he was thinking his next move, who knows. Logically you'd imagine he knew he was done, with his injuries. Why didn't he just give himself up, given his injuries? Who knows.

By all accounts as well, they still had explosives/bombs on them/at home, so perhaps they were going to do more attacks, then kill themselves? Obviously only the two individuals know their plans/'long term' aims and objectives.

But as I say that, their 'long term' objectives, i.e. more attacks, would of needed to be done seriously quickly. It's so obviously they would be tracked down 48/72 hours after the incident, given social media, camera, security cameras etc

It would be great if we could get some answers from this, but as said I doubt we will.
p

20th Apr 13 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I don't think the suspect had a gun. I reckon the 'gunfight' was to scare the guy and disorientate him.

There's is no way he had enough ammo for several hours of gunfighting.

So what were they shooting at? That's another odd one. They knew the guy was in the boat, so they're shooting at what exactly? They sent in the camera/robot thing, and did flash grenades, so why all the shooting?
p

20th Apr 13 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
because it's just not the done thing. his brother went out 'in a blaze of glory' as such, and therefore gets the virgins he craves so much.

his brother just gets beaten to near death, put on a show trial and executed without a fight.

I don't know about the 'blaze of glory' thing. I reckon the older brother's plans went a bit tits up when they shot that police officer, or whatever. If anything possible more attacks could of been imminent. A blaze of glory would of meant him doing a suicide attack, or something I imagine, not dying the way he did.
nibnob21
Premium Member

20th Apr 13 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read that they suspect the older brother was wearing a suicide vest but he took it off and it was one of the explosives thrown at the pursuing officers during the car chase.

Hence why they were then so cautious when dealing with the younger brother at the boat, as they didn't know if he too had a suicide vest or not.

And nothing I've read suggests it was religiously motivated. As soon as people read that they were from an Islamic community they instantly jump to conclusions.

It was stated several times that the younger brother in particular lived a relatively secular lifestyle.

MX5 Project Thread
Balling
Premium Member

20th Apr 13 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boston senator has said:
quote:

"Under the Law of War we can hold this suspect as a potential enemy combatant not entitled to Miranda warnings or the appointment of counsel."

In other words, he's going to Guantanamo for a bit of water boarding.

mattant

20th Apr 13 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't Obama say he was closing Guantanamo down about 4 years ago
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Apr 13 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

Nothing makes any sense these days. Am sure we don't get the full story.

I think it sounds weird to say the police and government people are telling us 100% the exact truth exactly how it happens. Just can't believe it all. Seems all too easy to just blame it solely on two brothers from Russia. Must be more to it.

Why must there be more to it?
To me is sounds prity simple. 2 brothers moved to America to study. Whilste in America they converted to Muslim religion and took it way to far to the point of posting on jihad forums. Decided to blow up some people because all mighty Allah told them it would get them 70 virgins in the other life and they got caught. One got shot. Other one got captured.....
Why is that so hard to believe?

I don't get why everything has to be a conspiracy these days? A load of Muslims decided to blow up the twin towers because they where phycos that beleived in Allah and all mighty virgin shite......... THE GOVERMENT DID IT! Nope just alias of phyco Muslims that believe in something so strongly they want to kill a lot of people

Not the only thing that sounds prity simple.

And why is that hammer? Because I don't believe all the conspiracies and what ever?
Jamie Walby

20th Apr 13 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No because your spelling was crap
_Allan_

20th Apr 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good Job all.

Cavey

20th Apr 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a Moran!

Nath

20th Apr 13 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Apr 13 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
No because your spelling was crap

So many grammar nazis on the forum
John

20th Apr 13 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wasn't just your spelling or grammar, it was everything you said.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Apr 13 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was wrong with what I said?
corsayoung

21st Apr 13 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo

21st Apr 13 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How cool is that camera!
_Allan_

21st Apr 13 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When did Steve go to Boston?
CORSA NUT

21st Apr 13 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath

21st Apr 13 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
When did Steve go to Boston?

Boston in Lincolnshire is too far from home for Steve let alone Massachusetts.
Hammer

21st Apr 13 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 people murdered in Boston Lincolnshire last night.
Ben G

21st Apr 13 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

copycat killers. our police will find them then fall over a stone on the pavement and put a claim in.

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Explosions in Boston (US) 23 database queries in 0.0177538 seconds