corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Newsnight on Monday?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Newsnight on Monday?
Foz

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 04 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i could have went to uni but thought well by time its over ill have masses of debt and a shit part time job somewhere or have a full time job which pays well and gain experience. it's not what you know its who you know in this world.
Tom

22nd Jan 04 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sunnyb
yeah agree again with tom! u think we should pay more tax so u get free further education b*llocks to that! if u want to go to uni and have a good life u have to pay but not for all of it either plus you only pay it back if you're earning over i think its 15k and if u dont have a declared job(like cash in hand job) after 25 years the debt is cleared!

Yeah why should they get grants, if they all think they're hot shots and aren't just there to get pished, then they shouldn't have to worry about not having good careers to pay of student debts, this country is fucked up if all students start getting grants
whitter45

22nd Jan 04 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok why should people get benefits when they don't deserve them, people are robbing the country blind with benefits.
Years ago girls 17, 18, 19 who had kids would be on their own, but now the government seem happy to throw money at them. Poeple have kids so they get free houses and sh*t. Now thats wrong
Tom

22nd Jan 04 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
ok why should people get benefits when they don't deserve them, people are robbing the country blind with benefits.
Years ago girls 17, 18, 19 who had kids would be on their own, but now the government seem happy to throw money at them. Poeple have kids so they get free houses and sh*t. Now thats wrong

And I agree that's wrong, it's another shit part of this governements policies, same as letting loads of asylums seekers in, but it does not take away from student grants to everyone being unfair on people who work and pay tax from 16/17/18 blah......
vibrio
Banned

22nd Jan 04 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom D
quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
I agree with ollie

your gay

Typical uni student, finds saying 'your gay' (not even using correct your ) amusing weapon

I'm not a student
vibrio
Banned

22nd Jan 04 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Foz
without students there would be a shorage of workers in supermarkets and especially in mcdonalds. i also feel that student nights in clubs and pubs are unfair, why don't they have workers nights for people who pay silly taxes like myself.

Again, I agree with Foz why should they get money off everything when they get cheap cheap interest loans and don't do anything for the country anyway cos' half of them don't even intend on getting a job that pays enuf to pay them back like vibrio I reckon.

But this has nothing to do with my sexuality.....

they get money off because they are poor. I had no income for 5 years apart from a bit of cash off my parents.

don;t do anything for the country. who designs and builds bridges, buildings, who do you go visit for tooth problems or when your in a car crash. your opinion on students is purely based on some stupid stereotype that they are lazy.
vibrio
Banned

22nd Jan 04 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Foz
i could have went to uni but thought well by time its over ill have masses of debt and a shit part time job somewhere or have a full time job which pays well and gain experience. it's not what you know its who you know in this world.

that can only take you so far. you could not be a scientist or a doctor or a vet or an enginneer could you
vibrio
Banned

22nd Jan 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
yeah agree again with tom! u think we should pay more tax so u get free further education b*llocks to that! if u want to go to uni and have a good life u have to pay but not for all of it either plus you only pay it back if you're earning over i think its 15k and if u dont have a declared job(like cash in hand job) after 25 years the debt is cleared!

Yeah why should they get grants, if they all think they're hot shots and aren't just there to get pished, then they shouldn't have to worry about not having good careers to pay of student debts, this country is fucked up if all students start getting grants

you never paid to go to school did you.
sunnyb

22nd Jan 04 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we're not talking about benifits or any of that shit we're talking about uni and u gits that want us to pay more tax in our 7 day a week jobs earning fuck all! its not a debt where they're chasing u every month is it its an easy on goin thing u can pay as liuttle as £7.50 a week! to pay it off! and low interest! u can even get interest free student loans! i aint fighting im puttin my point accross onto how self impoprtant alot(not all) uni students are!
whitter45

22nd Jan 04 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

And I agree that's wrong, it's another shit part of this governements policies, same as letting loads of asylums seekers in, but it does not take away from student grants to everyone being unfair on people who work and pay tax from 16/17/18 blah......

yeah but everyone has the chance to go to uni the fact people don't is their choice and u will find that all the benefit fraud along with the seeekers adds up to a hell of a lot more than grants.
i know somebody who gets over £200 a week cos he says he can't work but he drives around everyday in his car, so he could be a taxi driver etc. its wrong and students get it all cos its the easiest arguement that doesn't cause alot of problems as their are too many poeple in this country claiming benefits are these people are the ones who vote so if Mr Blair pisses them off he loses his votes
It WRONG WRONG WRONG. see the big picture guys
whitter45

22nd Jan 04 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
we're not talking about benifits or any of that shit we're talking about uni and u gits that want us to pay more tax in our 7 day a week jobs earning fuck all! its not a debt where they're chasing u every month is it its an easy on goin thing u can pay as liuttle as £7.50 a week! to pay it off! and low interest! u can even get interest free student loans! i aint fighting im puttin my point accross onto how self impoprtant alot(not all) uni students are!

but u just don't pay tax for us. see the big picture. tax goes up due to benefit fraud etc.
sunnyb

22nd Jan 04 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah fair enough but u guys have the best deal here fair enough u have to pay the money back the gov give ya 3k towards ya fees dependant on ur circumstances u can pay a loan off for bugger all every week! this has honestly changed my mind bout going to uni its inticed me!
whitter45

22nd Jan 04 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah fair enough but u guys have the best deal here fair enough u have to pay the money back the gov give ya 3k towards ya fees dependant on ur circumstances u can pay a loan off for bugger all every week! this has honestly changed my mind bout going to uni its inticed me!

yeah but the goverment has paid for ur education while at high school junior school. so what are u saying, that everyone should pay for that aswell
Melville

22nd Jan 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone has to go to school but if you want to better your education then invest in it and reep the rewards once your qualified
Tom

22nd Jan 04 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
quote:

you never paid to go to school did you.

I didn't have a choice, I left at 16/17.

and on your other point I agree yes some good people go to uni and turn out well but there's just as many 'bums' aswell, and there are many people that go later on after maturing and getting some work experience, my work pay for my courses, this does not bother me because it's corporate money not tax.
Ojc

22nd Jan 04 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hold a second, I spent my 11 years at school, I totally decided against staying at school or furthering my education.

Ross how long did you stay at Uni for?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but don't you earn almost the same as me?
Melville

22nd Jan 04 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just had a thought..... people who go to uni and do well and who end up in a very successful job....they will be paying lots pf tax on there income obviously, does this not pay back more than what the government would have layed out in the first place??
sunnyb

22nd Jan 04 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually the gov did pay for u to go to school every1 gets child benifit some get more than others depending on their circumstances but u still got money u didnt see the money cos it was too busy feeding/clothing you! point made!
Ojc

22nd Jan 04 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The main argument is that these students want the general public to pay out of there already over inflated taxes for them to go to Uni, yet as soon as these fcuking dossers graduate and start earning money they will be the first people to start complaining about paying higher taxes so that another generation of students can further there educations.

They just have no concept of the working world, they live in a bubble where they think that there useless uni degree will automatically get them a decent job when in all likelyhood the person more likely to get the job is the person that left school at 16 and has 6 or 7 years more experience in doing that particular job.
whitter45

22nd Jan 04 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Melville
Ive just had a thought..... people who go to uni and do well and who end up in a very successful job....they will be paying lots pf tax on there income obviously, does this not pay back more than what the government would have layed out in the first place??

exactly its other issues that a crippling our country and making us pay tax but people are to eager to jump on the band wagon and blame students. read proper newspapers as they will inform u of both the pro's and cons not just what they think will sell a paper
Melville

22nd Jan 04 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im good like
Tom

22nd Jan 04 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
The main argument is that these students want the general public to pay out of there already over inflated taxes for them to go to Uni, yet as soon as these fcuking dossers graduate and start earning money they will be the first people to start complaining about paying higher taxes so that another generation of students can further there educations.

They just have no concept of the working world, they live in a bubble where they think that there useless uni degree will automatically get them a decent job when in all likelyhood the person more likely to get the job is the person that left school at 16 and has 6 or 7 years more experience in doing that particular job.

That's a valid point about 'living in a bubble' take this grad trainee we had at work, he started whilst we were going through a restructure and he was included in the new structure (altho he was not really resposible for anything) as soon as he saw it and met everyone the first thing he said to the people lower than him in the structure (bearing in mind some had 7/8 years experiemce in the job and made way for him to 'act out this riole for 12 months') was 'ha ha i'm higher than u in the structure you can do all my work'

Now this is not an isolated incodense in r place all grads tend to live up there own arses (mainly the lads).

fcuking lookin down there nose at me because I chose not to go to uni, i was very capable but I thought work would suit me more than academic studies, now i'm older i'm glad I left school and went on a work placement as all the work related (and other) studies I do are paid for by work and I actually can put them to practice, and have some motivation to do these courses so g t f
whitter45

22nd Jan 04 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

so my uni degree is useless and pointless. Whatever mate
Tom

22nd Jan 04 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Melville

exactly its other issues that a crippling our country and making us pay tax but people are to eager to jump on the band wagon and blame students. read proper newspapers as they will inform u of both the pro's and cons not just what they think will sell a paper

I'm not 'quick to blame' any students I know there are other problems with what tax is spent on
Tom

22nd Jan 04 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

so my uni degree is useless and pointless. Whatever mate
]

Oh look theres that arrogant stereotypical university atitude

Did I even say that, no I said that was my choice, I made my choice and got no help from the government so why should you

Also my post was about students 'immature' attitude when starting at a workplace

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Newsnight on Monday? 22 database queries in 0.0110490 seconds