corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got a turbo/intercooler - check how well your intercooler works

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author got a turbo/intercooler - check how well your intercooler works
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
28th Feb 04 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jam
why dont u ues one of the ones below . I think there are a bit better than the ones wich u showed vibrio. Just an idear
http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=040228172302571&moduleno=3261
http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=040228172302571&moduleno=3267
I was think about having to , insed or oil and water temp gauges . But iam still working out how to wire them .

hope this helps
chris

temp range for starters
jam

28th Feb 04 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair point , i want trying to knock ur suggestion . If u uesed two probes the high and low ones i think the temp range is greater . But that could be more hassel . Anway just thought I would mention that one to ya

chris
MattyB

29th Feb 04 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a set of these for a few weeks, and they do a damn good job. They have a fast refresh rate (around 1s), and are very senstive

However, vibs, you cant use em pre intercooler!! Even u were the one tell me that temps at this point are well above 100degrees. I'm seeing 120odd at peak boost.

However, for after the Intercooler tho, yes, these are ideal. Or even just for ambient under bonnet temps, or induction temps etc.

For the purpost of pre-intercooler temps, I ordered a Jaycar temp sensor from australia for about £20 for the post turbo temp. It has a 20degree->150degree range, and uses a steel probe (which can be easily slid into the boost pipe, and sealed)

However, for £14, u cant go wrong.

Matt
vibrio
Banned

29th Feb 04 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine are not that great actually
MattyB

29th Feb 04 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are yours the Lian-Li T4? Wot probs u having?? Mine are all good. Wot u measuring?

Matt

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got a turbo/intercooler - check how well your intercooler works 22 database queries in 0.0121090 seconds