corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » a write off?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author a write off?
mike_1.2LS96

User status: Offline
19th May 04 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a lad who crashed on the central island into a sign like that on the exit of a large roundabout. He was going some, cos the pole was and still is flat. It was duel carridge way. His car has gone to scrapy heaven now. lol
Paul

19th May 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kenryso
the owner said "just going into the round about, and lose the trackion ,then hit the post"

There's no fucking way that road is on a round about its straight as fuck and some one's parked on the road not being funny but that looks like a handbrake turn gone wrong!!!
Kris TD

19th May 04 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1600power
you'll be surprised what they write cars off for these days

you would also be suprized wat they dont write off, noway is that 206 a write off.
manchester-lad

19th May 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if the air bag gone off they mite some insurance companys say if air bag goes off its a write off
mav

19th May 04 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nasty..................
combatvauxhall

19th May 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It all depends, the insurance company will only write a car off if it costs 2/3 the value of the vehicle to repair it in total.

Dunno how much thats worth but say 10K, the bill for that damage is going to be well over 4K.

Its going to need jiging, pulling. New n/s flitch, crossmember front panels, possibly A post, wing, probably door screen?, airbags, steering wheel, dash if the passengers' gone off, wheel, suspension components, geometry check, the paint.

Specalist charges such as SRS reset, geometry check, air con discharge and recharge, jig hire, bracket hire.

Plus on top of that you have the labour for stripping/fitting/mechanical, panel, paintwork..........

Thats a lot of money.

We had a brand new 04 plate CLK cab. in at work and had to put a new leg and flitch, crossmember, slam panel etc. Brand new car only 250 odd miles on the clock and the insurance company nearly wrote it off, as it was the bill was nearly 10K

If your insured with Norwich Union, your car is already a write off. They dont like to repair anything. Tight w*nkers. Make our jobs shite.

If it is written off, tell him not to think about buying it back and "repairing it", the car has to undergo an inspection to make sure its road legal and repaired correctly/safely.
kenryso

19th May 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just checked with the owner, yes both airbags gones off.
foster11984

19th May 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr
You never know, freak things can happen. A while back i was taking a rountine right hand corner on a mini roundabout that i drive through most days, was going about 5/10 mph max as i had to give way for a car coming out from the right, started to turn in; and totally lost any steering capability for about a second or two.

same thing happened to me when i was pulling out of a junction i take every day, i turned my steering wheel but the car just went straight, luckily there was no other cars about or i would have been toast. ended up just hittin the kerb

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » a write off? 22 database queries in 0.0113668 seconds