corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dodging a Speeding Ticket

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dodging a Speeding Ticket
Pablo

User status: Offline
13th Jul 04 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rather not have mine either but I was caught
timrud_

13th Jul 04 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back to my idea, they do not check insurance on speeding tickets. God knows why!

The only reason why I'm not sure if it would work is that I've personally not had something through my hands like it. End of the day its up to the inspector of your local Police CJU if they can be arsed to investigate all the drivers, its not a CPS descision as its a very minor offence in the bigger picture of things!
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jul 04 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure you don't have to be proven guilty to be convicted of a motoring offence, I've known of company directors get done in the past on company cars whose drivers didn't come forward.

I'm sure supplying 20 names would still not be a solution, not only would it be a very dangerous precident to set but don't forget, you as registered keeper are being asked to categorically identify the driver, not play about with possibilities.
nickyboy01

13th Jul 04 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They closed the loophole for saying you didnt know who was driving for that exact reason. You can say xx amount of people have access to it etc but thats when it becomes more than a fixed penalty and insurance etc may be brought into it. Also if they have picture evidence of the driver then bend over and prepare to be bummed for perverting the cause of justice
timrud_

13th Jul 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can request the picture evidence as it HAS to be disclosed. Say you need it to help ID the driver, if its not to clear play the "heres a list" card. All your mates are going to tell the truth anyway, they were not driving it! Can't check insurance for a car you deny driving.
GY52

13th Jul 04 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Send the constabulary concerned a letter ( preferably from a solicitor ) asking them to have an independant check on the gatso concerned ( if it was a gatso - new digi cameras u dont stand a chance! ). I am 90% sure this is how a mate got out of a speeding fine because they had it proven that the gatso in question was not working correctly and rumour has it that most aren't. Im not saying this will defo work, if not i think yuove just gota accept the inevitable. Oh yeah u mite ave to go court and if u lose pay ALL costs
timrud_

13th Jul 04 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which is a standard £35 claim for costs. I know as I see loads every day LOL. Thats what it is for PIA's anyway.

That camera thing is a load of rubbish, every file will have a statement with it saying equipment is working from a qualified oficer.
GY52

13th Jul 04 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course the old bill are going to say all is working fine. Its just to try and trick stupid people like the muppets that accept tickets of rozzers that aint wearing a hat!!!! Im not saying im right bout camera bcos it was a while ago but surely giving 20 names and 19 people saying they werent driving the car doesn't require Sherlock Holmes to figure out who was driving???????
Ally

13th Jul 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldnt of been speeding no matter what u say ... or stupid enough to get caught. People have eyes for a reason. Useeee themmmmm
James_DT

13th Jul 04 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're gunna speed, be prepared to take the consequences. It's that simple.
Ned

13th Jul 04 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day mate hard luck, shamme you got pulled and stuff butit happens, I know when I got done doing 52 in a 30, learnt my lesson after that............

Sort of
timrud_

13th Jul 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you ALL say your not sure who was driving.

The statement on the file is taken under the same circumstances, and CAN be called on in Court, and if lied on would be liable to be Perverting the Course of Public Justice, which is a serious Indictibale only offence! So the Police are NOT going to billy bull shit on it. Enspecially as ANY complaint will result in what the officer has said being investigated (and it can be checked), he lied hed be fooked basically!

Like I say I deal with this sort of thing EVERY day!
timrud_

13th Jul 04 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must echo a lot of points on here, we all speed, and you can't moan when you get caught.
GY52

13th Jul 04 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
No you ALL say your not sure who was driving.

The statement on the file is taken under the same circumstances, and CAN be called on in Court, and if lied on would be liable to be Perverting the Course of Public Justice, which is a serious Indictibale only offence! So the Police are NOT going to billy bull shit on it. Enspecially as ANY complaint will result in what the officer has said being investigated (and it can be checked), he lied hed be fooked basically!

Like I say I deal with this sort of thing EVERY day!

Fairs fair m8 if thats wot u do every day then u know more bout it than me - i wudnt expect u to know how to do my job. Agreed if u get caught u take whats coming
timrud_

13th Jul 04 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its amazing how many misconceptions there are out there!

I was talking to somebody the other day who thought it was a £60 fine for no insurance!

Reguarly you can expect 8 points and £100 fine, or more fine and 6 points!

Believe you me there are VERY LITTLE loopholes to expolit! Take it on the chin is my tip.
GY52

13th Jul 04 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know where to come for some free advice
timrud_

13th Jul 04 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL, I'll try to help

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dodging a Speeding Ticket 22 database queries in 0.0120170 seconds