corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lane Discipline

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lane Discipline
Andrew

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 04 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use the right hand lane unless i am turning left at the first junction. You are allowed to come off the roundabout from the right hand lane and switch into the left hand lane. If there is another car coming off at the same time using the left hand lane then i either slow down and let them pass and then switch or switch if it is safe to so.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Sep 04 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, you cam use the right hand lane for all but the first exit. My brother recently won a similar case, the other driver confessed to having not seen him, and of course crossing the path of another motorist - this is the clincher - changing lanes should be done with caution.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/17.shtml
DaveC

3rd Sep 04 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take from ians link
get into the correct lane
adjust your speed and position to fit in with traffic conditions
be aware of the speed and position of all the traffic around you

i wish people would do all of these, i'm driving round london alot at the moment, and the number of times i get cut up, people flying round junctions in the wrong lane, really pi**es me off

and then the ones that obviously think they're fu***ng busses... since when was a BWM 318is a god damn bus?

and box junctions.... oh i could go on for days

rant over
Russ

4th Sep 04 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whoever was infront is in teh right, dont get up his arse and youll be fine soot
Sooty
Banned

4th Sep 04 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RussSxi
whoever was infront is in teh right, dont get up his arse and youll be fine soot

he was never in front
AndyCorsa

4th Sep 04 at 02:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blue should have stayed in the right hand lane all the way round and not just cut accross. On the other hand Red is in the wrong lane for taking the 4th exit anyway, should have been in left lane.
KPGrimmy

4th Sep 04 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsa
Blue should have stayed in the right hand lane all the way round and not just cut accross. On the other hand Red is in the wrong lane for taking the 4th exit anyway, should have been in left lane.

I hope I'm never on a roundabout at the same time as you ! So your saying red should have went 3/4 of the way round the roundabout using only the left hand lane ??????
Mikorsa16v

4th Sep 04 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for gods sake someone give sooty visio to make drawings in!!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lane Discipline 22 database queries in 0.0067389 seconds