corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Knowing when to stop.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Knowing when to stop.......
SteveW

User status: Offline
5th Oct 04 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
the thing is id love a supra etc, everyone knows there fast!! but a corsa that can keep with supra now were talking! Plus you have everything exactly how u want it and you know the car inside out!!

Hell yeah, i was keeping up with a Supra... i couldn't pass him, but still i kept with him till around 140mph then i backed off
bradfincham

5th Oct 04 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats happening about NZ mate??
MarkW

5th Oct 04 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
you want 260bhp , but a standard jap car - get 280bhp

this is the problem with jap car's standard there all around the 200bhp to 300bhp mark - with some tuning, engine upgrade's turbo's etc, ur talking near on 450bhp and thn some - keep on tuning and you can go all the way to 600bhp reasonably sensibly, a corsa can got 300bhp which is great and i'd love this - but i'd always love a jap car that i know i could tune heavily - and push it past the 200mph+ mark - i fink if ever have the money to do either am gonna be fucked, wouldn't be able to decide corsa or jap ............. ideal world have both but tht probs aint gonna happen

[Edited on 05-10-2004 by purple5]
SteveW

5th Oct 04 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going over there.. just not for as long as i had first planned.. i think around 2-3 months will be nice.. try and miss most of our winter over here, then come back around spring/summer time just for a nice break you know, that sort of thang
MarkW

5th Oct 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wht u do for a job stevew - if u dnt mind me asking??
Nismo

5th Oct 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple5
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
you want 260bhp , but a standard jap car - get 280bhp

this is the problem with jap car's standard there all around the 200bhp to 300bhp mark - with some tuning, engine upgrade's turbo's etc, ur talking near on 450bhp and thn some - keep on tuning and you can go all the way to 600bhp reasonably sensibly, a corsa can got 300bhp which is great and i'd love this - but i'd always love a jap car that i know i could tune heavily - and push it past the 200mph+ mark - i fink if ever have the money to do either am gonna be fucked, wouldn't be able to decide corsa or jap ............. ideal world have both but tht probs aint gonna happen

[Edited on 05-10-2004 by purple5]

LET corsa's are nice , but a corsa was never designed to go fast , where as the top end Jap cars , RX7s, Skylines & Supras etc... were designed to go fast and be fast , ok they are pricey and that , but its just a complete different world
MarkW

5th Oct 04 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know Nismo - used to ride in my m8's JZA 80 twin turbo supra quite often (we worked together) absoloutly amazing, plus at high speed felt as solid as a rock a very very stable - gave u confidence tht if the car went faster there would be no problems - was sooo
SteveW

5th Oct 04 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple5
wht u do for a job stevew - if u dnt mind me asking??

i work part time in an offlicence
(i got a loan to buy my LET corsa from AP Racing)
im looking for jobs as a web designer as i have just finished Uni

when i get a proper job thats when the fun will really begin
J da Silva

5th Oct 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must admit Nismo is spot on, I know a plumber (not bad money on building sites) who owns a 2.6 twin turbo skyline, different league althogether, and very easy to handle at rapid acceleration, not high speeds but as you go through the rev range fairly fast, it's solid.

I've mastered handling my corsa quite well, but that's because I've practiced.
bradfincham

5th Oct 04 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve i have a contact who is a drum and bass dj in auckland if you want a cheap night out, hes an ace bloke and i worked with him for 2 months in a box factory!! LOL

yes i ahve been 170 mph in gbh supra and felt ever so stable, but id just love to sit next a supra on a slip road and stick with him , how pissed off would he be? Same with scoobies
timrud_

5th Oct 04 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it....

You always get bored! Mine is feeling tame at the moment (EDS 3.5, hybrid turbo, cams etc..). Sticking some bigger injectors in soon and seeing what boost it will safely hold (reckoning on 22psi).

When I turn mine down to standard I nearly start crying

Was gonna go silly on cossie management if i could get the right price for the management im running at the moment. Infact if somebody did offer em the right price it could go still and I'd stick a Pectel L8 and greens in. (hint somebody offer me some ££££ LOL)

But I'll be happy with a RELIABLE car on new injectors (for now LOL)
SteveW

5th Oct 04 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brad - defo mate... nearer the time i will have to get in contact with ya

i nailed a scooby the other day was sooooo fun, he had a kit and lexus rear lights.. also a hoog Blitz or HKS zorst.. he was not a happy bunny
MarkW

5th Oct 04 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wht's a Pectel L8 and greens?????
bradfincham

5th Oct 04 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

injectors mate, cossie injectors and u can run dash 31 actuators as well cant you?
How about cossie turbo as well like the cav from vxlscc??
SteveW

5th Oct 04 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know Regal to a stage 3 roller baring Turbo.. its around £1300 (i think) and can handle around 380bhp
bradfincham

5th Oct 04 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spankees astra was 300bhp odd, he got a 2nd hand turbo off migweb,
embarrases a nice boxter s one day!!
Jambo

5th Oct 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im gunna do it

Providing i can do it for non silly money, which basically means fitting myself with the help of a few talented friends
MarkW

5th Oct 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Im gunna do it

Providing i can do it for non silly money, which basically means fitting myself with the help of a few talented friends

good
bradfincham

5th Oct 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for phase 3if you can, i think it costs moe to go from 2-3 than it does for 3!

ask dave at v tuning he has built a few rapid cars!
SteveW

5th Oct 04 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice choice there James well done mate.. when we gonna do the pub again amte...
Jambo

5th Oct 04 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nismo, i like Jap cars, But few of them have 5 seats. Except ones i cant afford like Evo's. Scoobbies insurance is stupid and they are fast becoming quite a ned car (not that a corsa isnt )

But my car looks how i want it to, with the interior i want in the colour i want etc, its personal, not nessicarliy unique as im not into have 48" rims just cos no-on else has. But so far as im aware ive not seen one that looks the same as mine so im happy or at least i will be when i get LET power

One quick Q, that button on ya dash steve, does it just run std cav/cally mangement when not on crazy go fast mode?
Nismo

5th Oct 04 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
I must admit Nismo is spot on, I know a plumber (not bad money on building sites) who owns a 2.6 twin turbo skyline, different league althogether, and very easy to handle at rapid acceleration, not high speeds but as you go through the rev range fairly fast, it's solid.

I've mastered handling my corsa quite well, but that's because I've practiced.

yeah Jap cars handle so well , its every thing in one , speed handling , breaking the lot , where as if you have a LET corsa you have power but you have to spend time and money on the right setup brakes etc.. but it still wont handle amazingly good as it was never designed for that.

I have respect to all you LET dudes and that but its the ride that would put me off.
Jambo

5th Oct 04 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and yes liono we shall pub it, Im free saturday if everyone else is?

We could make a lil trip to gerrards cross have a slap up pub lunch a pint and a drive
Nismo

5th Oct 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Nismo, i like Jap cars, But few of them have 5 seats. Except ones i cant afford like Evo's. Scoobbies insurance is stupid and they are fast becoming quite a ned car (not that a corsa isnt )

But my car looks how i want it to, with the interior i want in the colour i want etc, its personal, not nessicarliy unique as im not into have 48" rims just cos no-on else has. But so far as im aware ive not seen one that looks the same as mine so im happy or at least i will be when i get LET power

One quick Q, that button on ya dash steve, does it just run std cav/cally mangement when not on crazy go fast mode?

i agree with the scoob theroy

But at then end of the day its your car so you make it what you want it to be as long as your happy
Jambo

5th Oct 04 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldnt mind a dark purple NSX targa

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Knowing when to stop....... 22 database queries in 0.0160050 seconds