corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ur Valver Problems...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ur Valver Problems...
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
4th Nov 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and dodgy fuel pump relay, the amount of times ive had to open the bonnet and play with it to get the car to start, even after cleaning the connectors and using WD40
TOMAS

4th Nov 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ Drunken fool - who did your conversion? I think ppl should state where they've had the conversion and what probs they have had. Would it be fair to say that your probs were down to poor conversion, nackered engine or just bad luck? Did you say they left you with no oil in the gearbox?

CorsASH lol - I dropped a hint that a couple of our bailiff lads might drop around yesterday to pick up my old engine/ box etc in their repo van Stu gave me a chuckle (guy at griffin). Although Dudley looks a well run-down area & Griffin is a greasy unit they seem good honest lads and appear to have good knowledge... we'll see

[Edited on 04-11-2004 by TOMAS]
infinitycorsa

4th Nov 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think he will say :S
infinitycorsa

4th Nov 04 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can vouch for all the problems to
broster
Premium Member

4th Nov 04 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know who did the conversion and iv seen some of his work in progress and seen his own car and its all top work, this seems like a one of problem, if i wanted work done like a 2ltr engine id deffo go to him and get it done.
Matt H

4th Nov 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=179617
drunkenfool

4th Nov 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was J100RSA off here, i think to be fair it was partly bad luck, but some of the problems could have been avoided. (hoses coming off for example, but its hardly a major breakdown)
Fad

4th Nov 04 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well for two years mine was well reliable all i had to do was niggly things like crankshafts sensores etc and considering i was doing 1K a week and giving it sooo much stick it did well...only did it recently cost me a lot of money (cheers JR) and since the rebuild its just teething problems

Most of the engine that havent been touched or rebuild and left the way vaux intended are dead reliable and will not go wrong.

but over the last twp years i have spent a fair bit on it....but the smile i get when i boot it makes it all the worth it and being able to keep with a 270bhp RST up the strip is pretty damn good
Robertio_uk

5th Nov 04 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problems with Valvers

TOMAS would know wot im on about
Scott M

5th Nov 04 at 03:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Several cv joints, my own fault.
A couple of sets of wheel bearings which then leads me to a couple of sets of replacement hubs.
Alternator fell off on way back from Wales.
Gear linkage let go on my way to work and stranded me in third gear.

And I'm pretty sure I could hear the car laughing at me as I struggled to get out of the middle of the main road when the last incident occurred!
TOMAS

5th Nov 04 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ LOL. I imagine senors busting to be the norm - heck my 6month from showroom old 1.2 16V bust its ICV!! TBH im concerned about the gear linkages breaking - I know mines going to be cut/welded insted of grinding the mount but its obviously a weak point? Driveshafts/ C.V's is also to be expected when your running good power thru 22 spline Nova jobs. ^ How did your hubs break, have you got machined astra hubs?
Joff

5th Nov 04 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the linkage, MTech are now doing a one-piece linkage and shortshift for the Corsa + F20 for £70, pre-lengthened.

If you're doing you're own, cut it, lengthen it and sleeve it before welding.
TOMAS

5th Nov 04 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not doing my own but if mine does break then I'll do one myself. Maybe even get the local engineers to fabricate me one - at least then i'll only have myself to blame if it broke again LOL. Oooh I cant wait to get it back valvered! Got me fire extinguisher on standby LOL and im going to be shitting it driving it for the first week or so incase it dies LOL.
Ojc

5th Nov 04 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was like that in the Nova, done 3000 miles now with no problems at all.

Apart from the temp sensor, but that does'nt stop me driving it.
TOMAS

5th Nov 04 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL Nice one ^. Just spoke to Stu @ Griffin Centre and he says it should be ready tomorrow at sum point. He needed a new loom cos the one he was using although it looked fine it wasnt working properly and he wasnt happy with it. Just hope my petrol consumption is ok. Need to get tax changed and alos V5 once she's back, got the insurance sorted. Oooh and getting me rocker polished/chromed. I picked up a whole rocker & insert for £18 down my local breakers.

Happy man too cos Vauxhall Trade Club (which im a member of) are now doing all sensors/meters so when mine go pang it'll be straight down dealership for new virgin material - i mean the parts not the lasses on the service desk
Joff

5th Nov 04 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

You are one big problem.
AK

5th Nov 04 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just blew mine up.... nothing much a good kick wouldnt fix before that
Ojc

5th Nov 04 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

You are one big problem.

I want to fcuk you
Joff

5th Nov 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good. But that is not payment for the Bilsteins.
3CorsaMeal

5th Nov 04 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have one spider
Joff

5th Nov 04 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesh, spider is at 1 so far. Please click the link to the free BFO cone to see where it was spotted!
J100RSA

6th Nov 04 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so drunken fool had problems that is the car i only ever had problems with the knock sensor fault was on the engine when it was brought to me in the astra gte the hoses coming off was down to mat not being able to afford the hose kit to do the job properly
Dave

6th Nov 04 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a fuel pump go faulty which killed the bottom end bearings. Turned out to be a faulty part supplied during rebuild though. Gear linkage turned on the shaft shortly after the conversion was finished but that just needed re-setting and then really tightening up with buzz gun.

I've also destroyed two inner cv's, one was old one from donor car that I kinda knew was on its way out, other was a the new one from factors that replaced it, less than 6 months old (second gear, foot to floor, bang, shot three bearings through casing).Hopefull that was just a faulty part too.

Other than that it's been pretty much faultless. It can get left on drive for a few weeks sometimes and always fires first time and runs fine.

Worth pinting out though that it had a pretty decent re-build, definately worth doing if you want to minimise any problems.
Joff

6th Nov 04 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave, were you using std fuel pump or was it something from a 2.0 16v?
Dave

6th Nov 04 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry my bad, that shoulda read oil pump

Fuel pump is standard Corsa one though and has been workin fine for last 10 months or so.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ur Valver Problems... 22 database queries in 0.0164859 seconds