corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SCAMMERS!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SCAMMERS!
AdiSRI

User status: Offline
10th Nov 04 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by City
thats shit - any seller should get proof of postage to cover there back for times like this

Very true, i always get the reciept and keep it for a few weeks after the item has been recieved just in case...
Ally

10th Nov 04 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt get a recipt

I wish i had done now but theres nothing i can do about it.
corsapaul21

10th Nov 04 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you went into a shop and bought something in a box, got home and it wasnt in the box you'd go back and they'd refund you or issue you with a new one. They wouldnt lock the door and shut the shop shutters would they.

Ally, Richie nothing to say?
Dom

10th Nov 04 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh ally, you should have some sort of postage - with it, this would be all over ages and this thread wouldnt have started
However, since you havent got that, then legally he can take you to the small claims court - although for 22 quid im not sure whether they would laugh or not

eitherway, the easiest of things to do is go down to your local postoffice, and if you had to get the clerk to ship the package, then ask if they have a record of that package being posted (i believe you can do this)
corsapaul21

10th Nov 04 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ally
I wish i had done now but theres nothing i can do about it.

Send me my goods, replacement, refund, middle ground?

Theres plenty you can do its just as a bad seller your not prepared too!
LukeGSi

10th Nov 04 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsapaul21
Ask Joff about compromise, i done it with him the least you could do is the same!

So another parcel got lost in the post? Sure it's not you doing the "scamming"??
_Allan_

10th Nov 04 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes get out of yer jim jams, take them curlers out and run down the PO in yer best suit and make them enquires now.

[Edited on 10-11-2004 by _Allan_]
Biff McFly
Banned

10th Nov 04 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
quote:
Originally posted by City
thats shit - any seller should get proof of postage to cover there back for times like this

Very true, i always get the reciept and keep it for a few weeks after the item has been recieved just in case...

Ditto (and all cheques, letters etc I send!)
Ally

10th Nov 04 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
tbh ally, you should have some sort of postage - with it, this would be all over ages and this thread wouldnt have started
However, since you havent got that, then legally he can take you to the small claims court - although for 22 quid im not sure whether they would laugh or not

eitherway, the easiest of things to do is go down to your local postoffice, and if you had to get the clerk to ship the package, then ask if they have a record of that package being posted (i believe you can do this)

I did this yesterday and she told me that items sent via first class/second class are not issued with recipts. Simply because they have thousands upon thousands of letters going through there every day.

Yes getting a recipt would have been a good idea (an extremely good idea at this point ) but i didnt, so Paul can take whatever action he feels best.
corsapaul21

10th Nov 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukeGSi
quote:
Ask Joff about compromise, i done it with him the least you could do is the same!

So another parcel got lost in the post? Sure it's not you doing the "scamming"??

No i sent Joff something that wasnt as described and we compromised, in this instance i was the seller and i happily refunded £65 + £2 for a pint, we had a few choice words then a couple of jokes but we sorted it out which all sellers in my eyes should do!
_Allan_

10th Nov 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

could be but as the recipient he as nothing to prove with nothing signed for etc...The a/onus is on the seller.

Now where's my £22 gift. 3CM sent me that used inflatable sheep first class.
Dom

quote:
quote:

well to be fair, ally is shaking this off saying its been posted and she doesnt want anything to do with it

eitherway, i would have sent it recorded, for a sake of a few quid, you can track the package to see if it has got there - therefore, with a proof of postage and tracking she has her back if the reciver wants to get funny

eitherway, ally should be phone her local post office and see if they have records of the package being sent. If they dont, then i would personally offer a percentage of the cash back...because its her word against his, and it will just contiune to be dragged out - something you dont want if your a seller
3CorsaMeal

i'd be concerned and feel bad if i had taken some money and someone not got goods, even if it wasn't my fault.

Ally seems a bit blunt about it
Biff McFly
Banned

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400144&mediaId=500141

corsapaul21

10th Nov 04 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes getting a recipt would have been a good idea (an extremely good idea at this point ) but i didnt, so Paul can take whatever action he feels best.

This is sh*ty ally, you have no room for compromise, you can save a lot of time and greif if you simply compromise on the situation!

Why wont you come to a middle ground?
Ally

10th Nov 04 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

well to be fair, ally is shaking this off saying its been posted and she doesnt want anything to do with it

eitherway, i would have sent it recorded, for a sake of a few quid, you can track the package to see if it has got there - therefore, with a proof of postage and tracking she has her back if the reciver wants to get funny

eitherway, ally should be phone her local post office and see if they have records of the package being sent. If they dont, then i would personally offer a percentage of the cash back...because its her word against his, and it will just contiune to be dragged out - something you dont want if your a seller

I already went to the post office yesterday to ask if they had anything i could show paul.
LukeGSi

10th Nov 04 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

No i sent Joff something that wasnt as described and we compromised, in this instance i was the seller and i happily refunded £65 + £2 for a pint, we had a few choice words then a couple of jokes but we sorted it out which all sellers in my eyes should do!

OK fair enough! I take my comment back.
3CorsaMeal

10th Nov 04 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these things should be thought about b4 exchanging anything.

as a buyer its their responsability to make sure that the seller gets money - which has been done

as a seller u should make sure the buyer receives goods - not been done.

i would of got some sort of proof of purchase, but as u say its done now
corsapaul21

10th Nov 04 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ally you are not answering many questions here!

There are at least 4 people share a similar viewpoint with me!

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400144&mediaId=500141

here is another thing you can do.

So :

Send replacement
Issue Refund
Issue Part Refund
Make Claim

Theres 4 things and your being blunt and doing nothing simply replying with one line answers, really sh*ty!
Dom

10th Nov 04 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ally
quote:
quote:
quote:

I already went to the post office yesterday to ask if they had anything i could show paul.

well then you need to start thinking quickly for a solution. Easiest would be to offer a percentage of the cost back or a total refund. Then YOU claim off royal mail for your loss of product being sent - doing this, you could get this sorted in a matter of hours
Biff McFly
Banned

10th Nov 04 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if it was the other way about Ally - You sent the item to him first in good faith, then he sent the payment which in turn got lost, and he told you tough luck! you wouldnt be happy about it would you
shawboy

10th Nov 04 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if anyone watched watchdog last night, you might have seen what has happened to the package.

http://web.ask.co.uk/redir?bpg=http%3a%2f%2fweb.ask.co.uk%2fweb%3fq%3dwatchdog%2buk%26o%3d0%26page%3d1&q=watchdog+uk&u=http%3a%2f%2ftm.ask.co.uk%2fr%3ft%3dan%26s%3da%26uid%3d01CAEDF696EEFC114%26sid%3d1266872FB32602914%26qid%3dE51F4EA9B6E33C48AA7CEDC8E4B40934%26io%3d0%26sv%3dz6f065bd4%26o%3d0%26ask%3dwatchdog%2buk%26uip%3d514de873%26en%3dka%26eo%3d0%26pt%3dFind%2bthe%2bTV%2bprogramme%2bWatchdog%26ac%3d23%26qs%3d0%26pg%3d1%26ep%3d1%26ka_sn%3dukkb%26ka_lhs%3d3226005%26ka_lhx%3dFind%2bthe%2bTV%2bprogramme%2bWatchdog%26ka_ad%3d0%26ka_f%3d%26ka_lid%3d%26ka_iid%3d%26ka_lit%3d%26ka_stp%3d0%26u%3dhttp%3a%2f%2fwww.bbc.co.uk%2fwatchdog%2f&s=a&bu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bbc.co.uk%2fwatchdog%2f&qte=0&o=0&rb=0

[Edited on 10-11-2004 by shawboy]
mrluke

10th Nov 04 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u went into the post office and asked for 1st class postage , they should have weighed the item and also gave u a reciept

you also can get a tracking number for free if u asked
Wayne

10th Nov 04 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Biff McFly
Banned

10th Nov 04 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mrluke
if u went into the post office and asked for 1st class postage , they should have weighed the item and also gave u a reciept

you also can get a tracking number for free if u asked

Yeah they always asked me if I want a reciept with 1st class & Std Parcel, I think its there (u want fries with that) line

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SCAMMERS! 22 database queries in 0.0178058 seconds