corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » which lane???????

Poll: which lane???????
  Blue
  Green

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author which lane???????
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
5th Jan 05 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, section 162.

First exit must be left-hand lane.
Last exit must be right-hand lane.

Intermediate exit (as this is) choose an appropriate lane, signalling as necessary, signal left after you pass the exit prior to the one which you're taking.

163 also tells you to watch out for traffic crossing in front of you, especially vehicles intending to leave by the next exit ie. green must lookout for blue if green is coming of second exit and blue third.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/17.shtml

[Edited on 05-01-2005 by Ian]
Dave

5th Jan 05 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mikorsa16v
blatantly green as the green car could go straight over thus killing the blue car if it was to go round

There is no reason to go straight across from the green lane with three more exits to your right, thats what the blue lane is for. If you did and hit the blue car it would be your fault.
Icy

5th Jan 05 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gween
Ben
Banned

5th Jan 05 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what if it were a red car?

[Edited on 05-01-2005 by Ben]
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jan 05 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ian you are wrong, it is dangerous to pull across the line of traffic, road markings are there for a reason if you disobey them then you are breaking the rules

if you are going any further round then straight on at a roundabout you MUST use the right hand lane unless instructed otherwise otherwise you are going straigh across somebodies right of way
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jan 05 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ian if everyone thought like there would be chaos at every roundabout, id hate to be driving next to u at a roundabout
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Jan 05 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct Steve, roadmarkings are useful there because if green disregards them to take an exit he will crash.

Its not my opinion, its the Highway Code, click the damn link already, I didn't bloody write it. I only observe it unlike most of the Mad Maxes in this thread.
Greg_M

5th Jan 05 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can use the left hand lane for every exit bar the last one.

and the right hand lane for every exit bar the first one.

if i remember corectly

[Edited on 05-01-2005 by Greg_M]
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jan 05 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you mean the first one
Greg_M

5th Jan 05 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

edited

[Edited on 05-01-2005 by Greg_M]
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jan 05 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no u havent

i spose its all down to the roundabout, the way i do it is if my exit is any further round then straight on i take the right hand lane, most roundabouts these days have marked lanes for certain exits anyway to stop any confusion
Greg_M

5th Jan 05 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSiSteve
no u havent

i spose its all down to the roundabout, the way i do it is if my exit is any further round then straight on i take the right hand lane, most roundabouts these days have marked lanes for certain exits anyway to stop any confusion

yeah they do, but im talking about if there are no indicated lanes for specific exits. and the arows that say stright on and with a arrow left (or right aswell) dont mean left and stright on, they mean every other exit bar the last one
M2RTY

5th Jan 05 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa Sport Gav
i got told if your taking a exit after 12 o'clock thn use the right hand lane, and if u take an exit before 12 o'clock use the left one

yes
Rob H

5th Jan 05 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the main point to make is that appart from the first and last exits, the rest is down to common sence.... which is where the problem is really with some people .

I know personally though, if i were in the green car, i would be expecting the blue car to come off the first exit, or the second exit in the inside lane .

[Edited on 05-01-2005 by Rob H]
Drew
Banned

5th Jan 05 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Claire G

Gemma

ruined my serious topic
Drew
Banned

5th Jan 05 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

guess whoever voted blue is gunna have a crash pretty soon
vibrio
Banned

5th Jan 05 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I voted blue
vxsri

5th Jan 05 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ur in the blue car ur asking 4 sum1 2 pull out in front of u cos they're gonna think u want off b4 u reach the red arrow. anyway any1 driving a mod'd corsa is gonna take of so fast that it wont matter wot lane he's in
Drew
Banned

5th Jan 05 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vxsri
. anyway any1 driving a mod'd corsa is gonna take of so fast that it wont matter wot lane he's in

kerzo

5th Jan 05 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if ur in the blue car ur asking 4 sum1 2 pull out in front of u cos they're gonna think u want off b4 u reach the red arrow. anyway any1 driving a mod'd corsa is gonna take of so fast that it wont matter wot lane he's in

do you do this?? you should only pull out when its safe to do so not when you assume someone should be turning in, i always wait even when people have their indicators on just in case. common sense should always be the best option but its blindingly obvious that not many people have an abundance of it
Ben
Banned

5th Jan 05 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what happens to red cars?
vxsri

5th Jan 05 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kerzo
quote:

do you do this?? you should only pull out when its safe to do so not when you assume someone should be turning in, i always wait even when people have their indicators on just in case. common sense should always be the best option but its blindingly obvious that not many people have an abundance of it

no i dont do that but stupid ppl do!!!
Reedy

5th Jan 05 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is how it goes,
If you wish to go left or striaght on its the blue car, if you wish to go on any of the other exits you should start in the green lane and follow the round about round until you are 1 exit before yours then once you are there you should move into the lefthand lane and then exiting.

[Edited on 05-01-2005 by Reedy]
Reedy

5th Jan 05 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like this
Reedy

5th Jan 05 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Read what you wrote - you either don't know your lefts from your rights or are colour blind.

My bad, i think i have bin working too hard

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » which lane??????? 22 database queries in 0.0149069 seconds