corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » lambo doors

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lambo doors
hitman2k

User status: Offline
5th Jan 05 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by foxy lady
quote:
Originally posted by Joff
The only thing that concerns me is the quality and life of the gas lift struts.
Bonnet and boot struts all die after a while - the drivers door would get more use than those two combined.

Its ok with the weld on kit but the bolt on ruins your car. My pal had them on his 206 and after 6 months the doors started to collapse and wouldnt shut right and hes needed to replace both doors and wings coz the struts have started to come away and pull at the metal and left big holes

welded on would be the betta option!
ed

5th Jan 05 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's talking about the gas strut failing and the door falling on your head. Though having the hinge give up is even worse...
vibrio
Banned

5th Jan 05 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are a chav then get them
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jan 05 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe
Joff

5th Jan 05 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chavs would not be able to afford a lambo-door conversion, they would modify metro boot struts and hinge the doors on the A-pillars with a brass hinge set from B&Q.
hitman2k

5th Jan 05 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Chavs would not be able to afford a lambo-door conversion, they would modify metro boot struts and hinge the doors on the A-pillars with a brass hinge set from B&Q.

amen 2 that brother
FlamingCorsa

5th Jan 05 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my llamobs cost me £500 and i me and dad di that back in may last year, then again my passenger door just about stays up and the drivers side stays up with the help from a peice of wood, need taking off and mesuring to get new ones really! cant be bothered tho - lol
James_DT

5th Jan 05 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

On their white Nova's?
hitman2k

5th Jan 05 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
my llamobs cost me £500 and i me and dad di that back in may last year, then again my passenger door just about stays up and the drivers side stays up with the help from a peice of wood, need taking off and mesuring to get new ones really! cant be bothered tho - lol

cool getting mine 2mrw or friday even cheaper then urs lol
Mattb

5th Jan 05 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

just get some decent gas struts mate
hitman2k

5th Jan 05 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
quote:

just get some decent gas struts mate

hazzle the guy who has lambo doors said there a company in derby who do gas struts for £65 u2u him was really helpful!!

[Edited on 05-01-2005 by hitman2k]
FlamingCorsa

5th Jan 05 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hitman2k
quote:

cool getting mine 2mrw or friday even cheaper then urs lol

u getting them cheeper than 500 fitted!!!!???? well impressed mate!!!!!
hitman2k

5th Jan 05 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not fiitted m8 just the kit! fitting shouldnt cost me 2 much!!

[Edited on 05-01-2005 by hitman2k]
FlamingCorsa

5th Jan 05 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u know someone who can fit them for u mate?? its not the easyest task! gotta get the wings of the car off for a start which i hope dose not mean cutting through your side skirts like i had to!!!!

[Edited on 05-01-2005 by FlamingCorsa]
corsapaul21

6th Jan 05 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like suicide doors. Think they are something different and have only seen 2 corsa's with it done!
hitman2k

6th Jan 05 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
do u know someone who can fit them for u mate?? its not the easyest task! gotta get the wings of the car off for a start which i hope dose not mean cutting through your side skirts like i had to!!!!

fitting slightly easier then that just baciclly remove old hinge from wing,Kit is a bolt on but better to weld it in place been told !

got some1 who can ave a go!! will see what happens!

[Edited on 06-01-2005 by hitman2k]
Mattss Corsa

6th Jan 05 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont waste your money!
FlamingCorsa

6th Jan 05 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

fitting slightly easier then that just baciclly remove old hinge from wing,Kit is a bolt on but better to weld it in place been told !

ah right, must be a very different kit to my one and also corsa c must be different from corsa b!!! i know some cars like the civics etc u just unbolt the old hindges then bold the new lambos on!!!!!

on a corsa b the hindges are welded on so u gotta but them off then cut into chassis leg and weld the whole plate on, there is nothing to bolt the mounting plate off the lambo hindge on to, also u have to modify the wings so the hindge has more space to open out!!!!
Hazzle

6th Jan 05 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

ah right, must be a very different kit to my one and also corsa c must be different from corsa b!!! i know some cars like the civics etc u just unbolt the old hindges then bold the new lambos on!!!!!

on a corsa b the hindges are welded on so u gotta but them off then cut into chassis leg and weld the whole plate on, there is nothing to bolt the mounting plate off the lambo hindge on to, also u have to modify the wings so the hindge has more space to open out!!!!

yep - sounds about right - altho with mine - the kit is double hinged - cos you can open them half normally - so it didnt need as much work on the wings - just a little tweaking with stopper bolts et
hitman2k

6th Jan 05 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

yep - sounds about right - altho with mine - the kit is double hinged - cos you can open them half normally - so it didnt need as much work on the wings - just a little tweaking with stopper bolts et

yeah been told door open 1/3 enuff to get out normal way so will have to see when i get it :-)
MatG

6th Jan 05 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have heard of a very poor company that claim to sell "lambo door converstions" for less than £500.00 You pay your money it arrives but not how you expect!

It comes in an A4 envolope and its basically full scale drawings/patterns to get them made up by someone. I hear a few people have been conned by this.

You are basically paying for the rights to make them up of someone else's copyright.

Harsh lesson to learn and of course its all covered by the small print. Can not remeber the name of the company though

[Edited on 06-01-2005 by MatG]
Raspy

6th Jan 05 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be a bit careful with the lambo doors - some of the guys in the FTO owners club have had problems with em. One in particular had the bottom bolts sheer off on one of the doors only 5 months after they were fitted. Result being a door that was hanging off and would not shut properly.

They're ok, but you need to get em done properly and by a company known for their high-quality work.
hitman2k

7th Jan 05 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatG
I have heard of a very poor company that claim to sell "lambo door converstions" for less than £500.00 You pay your money it arrives but not how you expect!

It comes in an A4 envolope and its basically full scale drawings/patterns to get them made up by someone. I hear a few people have been conned by this.

You are basically paying for the rights to make them up of someone else's copyright.

Harsh lesson to learn and of course its all covered by the small print. Can not remeber the name of the company though

yes have heard bout this company!! mine the ones i'm gettin retail for £1000-£1250!
M2RTY

7th Jan 05 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatG

were on ebay for 50 notes

i think www.lambodoors.com is the company
M2RTY

7th Jan 05 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, http://www.lambodoors.com/

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » lambo doors 22 database queries in 0.0152869 seconds