corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » think im due in court again soon (UPDATE-4th march!)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author think im due in court again soon (UPDATE-4th march!)
L33 LEG
Banned

User status: Offline
11th Jan 05 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for 2 years lol, thats so fuckin stupid. can understand for a few weeks maybe, just maybe
Matty L

11th Jan 05 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, i think there some sort of group still pushing the goverment for the idea...imagin spending thousands on your price and joy, only to stick a shitty big green L in your back window
L33 LEG
Banned

11th Jan 05 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure like anything else we can think of a way to alter the L plate. could even have it as a neon plate
purple_corsa_gls

11th Jan 05 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lee, have you looked up in the highway code or whereever you'd find this sort of thing and see where you stand as to what you should do if someone on foot tries to stop you? theres bound to be something legal out there?
L33 LEG
Banned

11th Jan 05 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good idea, ill have a look and check to see whats legal and whats not.
timrud_

11th Jan 05 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fail to stop vehicle when required to do so. Very serious offence, and given he has already admited he has a "colourful past" any benefit of doubt will fly out of the window.

Sorry but you will be lucky to get away with it. Hope you do though!

[Edited on 11-01-2005 by timrud_]
L33 LEG
Banned

11th Jan 05 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but i didnt see the police constables
puchos

11th Jan 05 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L33 LEG

id say its your own fault for not stopping they must be keen to get u off the road for some reason
L33 LEG
Banned

11th Jan 05 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by puchos
quote:

id say its your own fault for not stopping they must be keen to get u off the road for some reason

i admit i should had stopped. but it wasnt against the law not to stop in my eyes as all they ahd was a small badge on the jacket to say theyre policeman. they waste my time too much, they know who i am, know i have insurance and that. so i really cnt be bothered speaking to them. simple really
puchos

11th Jan 05 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
i dont think they can pull you over unless in a car??

just tell them u didnt realise it was the police and the recent spite of car jackings you was worried of loosing your pride and joy car.

You will easily get away with this, if not i will personally rape them!!

hope ur right, but i have a feeling all of the cops from this town will turn up. im not exactly not known around town and they knid of want me off the road or banning fron the town. we'll jst have to wait and see, if ui do get out for it i will most definatly rape them

why do they want u banned or out of the town so much must be a reason?? u didnt urself any favours by not stopping for them.
CorsAsh

11th Jan 05 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take along pictures of when someone poured paint stripper on your car as an example, and say how you've been subject to malicious actions in the past. Say you weren't convinced of their identities and therefore did not want to risk personal injury or furthe damage to your car.

[Edited on 11-01-2005 by CorsAsh]
L33 LEG
Banned

11th Jan 05 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by puchos
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
i dont think they can pull you over unless in a car??

just tell them u didnt realise it was the police and the recent spite of car jackings you was worried of loosing your pride and joy car.

You will easily get away with this, if not i will personally rape them!!

hope ur right, but i have a feeling all of the cops from this town will turn up. im not exactly not known around town and they knid of want me off the road or banning fron the town. we'll jst have to wait and see, if ui do get out for it i will most definatly rape them

why do they want u banned or out of the town so much must be a reason?? u didnt urself any favours by not stopping for them.

they just want me banned cos everytime i talk to them i come across a the cocky type of person and it really gets on their nerves. theyv given me a few warning s before to get me banned but they never made it official. i suggest if they want me to pull over for them they should use a blue flashing light
L33 LEG
Banned

11th Jan 05 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Take along pictures of when someone poured paint stripper on your car as an example, and say how you've been subject to malicious actions in the past. Say you weren't convinced of their identities and therefore did not want to risk personal injury or furthe damage to your car.

[Edited on 11-01-2005 by CorsAsh]

exactly mate, ill remind them of what happened to me. everything was reported so they should have the evidence anyway. and seen as i was on my own late at night, they shudnt blame me for not stopping
Ally

11th Jan 05 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
there wasnt any car. there was jst a pair of people in yellow jackets. not even any signs.

If there police uniforms weren't visible then they have no chance in court
vibrio
Banned

11th Jan 05 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
a few weeks ago two coppers on foot tried pulling mke over but i drove past them without stopping (stupid i know). i got a letter a week ago asking for an explanation as to why i didnt stop. last nite i got pulled over by the same copper and he explained that hes taking it to court. he will be there with his colleague in their bright yellow jackets on and iv got to convince the court that i didnt see them.

seen as there wer no cop car, signs or blue lights they had no proof of being policeman, if i tell the court that i was unsure who they were and that they may had been anybody trying to steal my car would i get away with it. and considering it was late at night and i was on my own and also i could explain my recent history of threats.

what u reckon?

if they give me 3 points for this theyl try banning me again. i re took my test in may but they didnt clear my 6points off, so im guessing iv still got another 18month to go to be allowed 12points. my argument is that if i took my test again surely i should have a clean license. its been over 2 years now since i first past my test/

sorry for the essay

the police cannot take you to court it would be the CPS that do it
Ben
Banned

11th Jan 05 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you did not see them as you were concentrating on the road?
Adam_B

11th Jan 05 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
a few weeks ago two coppers on foot tried pulling mke over but i drove past them without stopping (stupid i know). i got a letter a week ago asking for an explanation as to why i didnt stop. last nite i got pulled over by the same copper and he explained that hes taking it to court. he will be there with his colleague in their bright yellow jackets on and iv got to convince the court that i didnt see them.

seen as there wer no cop car, signs or blue lights they had no proof of being policeman, if i tell the court that i was unsure who they were and that they may had been anybody trying to steal my car would i get away with it. and considering it was late at night and i was on my own and also i could explain my recent history of threats.

what u reckon?

if they give me 3 points for this theyl try banning me again. i re took my test in may but they didnt clear my 6points off, so im guessing iv still got another 18month to go to be allowed 12points. my argument is that if i took my test again surely i should have a clean license. its been over 2 years now since i first past my test/

sorry for the essay

you will be fine as long as you dont act like a cock. again.
Twiggy

11th Jan 05 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why didnt you ragg it down the street about 200yds do a handbrake and shout "show me some id"

Good luck!
Adam-D

11th Jan 05 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can buy a reflective vest from halfords so it cudda been anyone
Sims

11th Jan 05 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
you did not see them as you were concentrating on the road?

Don't think that will work because you are supposed to be aware of pedestrains on the pavement that might cross infront of you on the road.

I do hope you get away with just a caution because not stopping because they could have been car jackers is a good excuse and you will learn from it and stop next time
eightball

11th Jan 05 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just consult a solicitor ffs! they will usually offer advice for free, 1st time and probably know what they're talking about, unlike any of us
L33 LEG
Banned

17th Feb 05 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*UPDATE*

i got my court summons this morning for the 4th march

the statement from the copper says there were 2 policeman, one in uniform and the other without.

he said he heard my car coming up the road with a high revving engine changing through the gears. this is bullshit cos i only do no more than 30mph thru town, and that wud had been in 3rd gear so theres no chance u cud hear my car.

he then said he saw my headlights coming towards him, i always use sidelights no matter what time of night it is so again, that is bullshit.

he stood in the centre of the road with his right arm waving me, i then swerved past him and went away. this is kind of true

of course coppers being who they are they will win at court, but i honestly dnt see why it is the law to stop when there is no proof of them being cops. and i have never seen any policemen on foot on that stretch of road.

so anyone any ideas on what to say at court. i need to explain that it was late at night and i ws on my own and with my recent past i was unsure on who the people were and did not want to risk my life again! anything else to say? ...

i cannot get 3 points for this, it will probably mean another ban
vibrio
Banned

17th Feb 05 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so long as you have a good explanation of what happened you'll be fine. good representation helps also
L33 LEG
Banned

17th Feb 05 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope ur right, but we all know who the courts side with. exactly the same thing happened last year. it was me against 2 cops and there was no way i cud win even with the coppers stories being different. but at least this time i havnt done anything illegal as such.

it is a 3point penalty isnt it?
blebo

17th Feb 05 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Section 163 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 makes it an offence for any person driving a mechanically propelled vehicle or riding a cycle to fail to stop when so required by a constable in uniform

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » think im due in court again soon (UPDATE-4th march!) 22 database queries in 0.0179350 seconds