corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car modifying these days (bit contraversial)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car modifying these days (bit contraversial)
Joff

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 05 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hazey-corsa
Yes majourity of girls i kno have no idea about cars or modifying and do just use their car as an excessory i kno very few petrol head ladies.

The same applies for blokes too. I've heard some people are even fitting lights underneath their car! Bless the simple folk.
Matt H

2nd Feb 05 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
matt you had to pick one of the most tasteless cars ever

you could have chosen boyracer or jagcorsa...

Yeah OK maybe I was a little one sided when I chose the cars

But if you look at it, all the characteristics of a modern show car are on there. Big wheels, huge bumpers, graphics etc

corsa120

2nd Feb 05 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally love to modify my car i get pleasure out of changing bits and stuff, most ppl say my car must never see light day as i wash it once a week and wax, underseal all the time etc etc, yes i look after it because ive paid the money and wanna respect it, but i also abuse the hell out of it when i drive it lol, and god do i love to drive
Lynny

2nd Feb 05 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i totally agree steve, nowt wrong at all with spending money on a car, its a good hobby to have and cars like jagcorsa are original and highlight that there are car enthuiasts out there who are willing to put the time and money into it coz its somethign they enjoy, even though they know they'll lose money when it comes to selling on. point i was trying to get at is these people (who mainly hang around mcdonalds etc) who blatently have no idea what theyre doing and are siply doing it for attention and majority of time to pick up the other sex
Joff

2nd Feb 05 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do people crave the attention that driving a car modified with big wheels, huge bumpers, graphics etc brings?

Especially when I suspect the majority of that attention is people calling you a sad twat.
SteveW

yeah BUT i think the quality of work has greatly improved over the years.. back then they didnt have some of the new gadgets and toys we do today...

but i do agree..

TBH its all down to that damn Fast n Furious... they really was the start of all this big kit stuff over here
Joff

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
i personally love to modify my car i get pleasure out of changing bits and stuff, most ppl say my car must never see light day as i wash it once a week and wax, underseal all the time etc etc, yes i look after it because ive paid the money and wanna respect it, but i also abuse the hell out of it when i drive it lol, and god do i love to drive

You don't wash it once a week. I bet you've not washed it ONCE this year.
stuartmitchell

2nd Feb 05 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing that bothers me about spending loads of cash on my car is that I keep thinking what I could have instead.

For instance to build a, "show car" some fowk plow 10k plus into it, for that money I would rather have an EVO imo.

An evo wouldnt be a "one off", but it would be driveable, I presume thats what a car is still for yeah
Joff

2nd Feb 05 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
and majority of time to pick up the other sex

I'm gonna drive to yours
Lynny

2nd Feb 05 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
quote:
and majority of time to pick up the other sex

I'm gonna drive to yours

no ur not, my car aint all that!
Mattb

2nd Feb 05 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i totally agree steve, nowt wrong at all with spending money on a car, its a good hobby to have and cars like jagcorsa are original and highlight that there are car enthuiasts out there who are willing to put the time and money into it coz its somethign they enjoy, even though they know they'll lose money when it comes to selling on. point i was trying to get at is these people (who mainly hang around mcdonalds etc) who blatently have no idea what theyre doing and are siply doing it for attention and majority of time to pick up the other sex

unfortunatly true also, i blame halfords and suchlike for the stick on 'modifications' its things like these that fail to be original and are generally really tastless. modification should be about the originality and effort.. not your level of skill with prittstick
hazey-corsa

quote:

TBH its all down to that damn Fast n Furious... they really was the start of all this big kit stuff over here

Yes if not for FnF we would not have the terror (IMO) of two of the worse car related words "Jap Style"
J da Silva

I have to laugh at the unfrotunate ones that ram their cars into walls and then cry about it in offday
SteveW

quote:

thank you babe... i know exactly what your going on about... there are good modified cars.. and bad ones with no taste, the bad ones are usually found within the confinds of a Maccy D's carpark, trying their bestest to attact people.. this also then links onto Cruises... i'll stop there
Joff

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
The thing that bothers me about spending loads of cash on my car is that I keep thinking what I could have instead.

For instance to build a, "show car" some fowk plow 10k plus into it, for that money I would rather have an EVO imo.

An evo wouldnt be a "one off", but it would be driveable, I presume thats what a car is still for yeah

But then you'd still spend more money on the Evo. I couldn't imagine buying a car that I was 100% happy with in some way or another, or didn't feel the urge to fit a set of Eibach springs and a Pipercross induction kit.
Matt H

quote:
yeah BUT i think the quality of work has greatly improved over the years.. back then they didnt have some of the new gadgets and toys we do today...

but i do agree..

Agree 100% with all of that

Nothing wrong with new technology etc & trying newer stuff but I just feel that not as much thought is put into how the car look astheyicly (sp) instead of how it look on paper (ie- more mods on the spec list)
Lynny

2nd Feb 05 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fast and the furious and halfords! biggest areas of blame!
Joff

2nd Feb 05 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe goits like CorsAsh should be designing bodykits and the like?

hazey-corsa

2nd Feb 05 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This all contributes to why I dont read the main modified car magazines anymore, cause they are full of over the top tat these days bodykits are about how big and in your face, not how smooth subtle and tasteful they are.

[Edited on 02-02-2005 by hazey-corsa]
Joff

2nd Feb 05 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
modification should be about the originality and effort.. not your level of skill with prittstick

I got banned for saying something similar
Lynny

2nd Feb 05 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This all contributes to why I dont read the main modified car magazines anymore, cause they are full of over the top tat these days bodykits are about how big and in your face, not how smooth subtle and tasteful they are.

[Edited on 02-02-2005 by hazey-corsa]

totally agree, they arent aimed at car enthuiasts, theyre aimed at pikey boy racers half the time, the fact that they need semi naked lasses draped all over the cars to sell their magazine proves this!
Mattb

2nd Feb 05 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ they only car about the money from sales imho there are more boyracer type people out there than enthusiasts unfortunately
Matt H

2nd Feb 05 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
cause they are full of over the top tat these days bodykits are about how big and in your face, not how smooth subtle and tasteful they are.

A good example is that Sam (Fear) only just got a feature because of the size of his wheels. Even though it is one of the best looking modified Corsas I have ever seen

And cars like the old C4RSA were well styled & thought through but never looked OTT
Joff

2nd Feb 05 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without people buying products, there wouldn't be an industry.

How many times are you frustrated because you see car x with a part that you can't buy for your car?

Without companies investing time and money into development, then selling parts for profit to put back in... you'd be left with nothing but your own skills.
Lynny

2nd Feb 05 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its gettin to the stage now where everything has been done over and over again, same old corsa on big rims, same kits, stupid paint job etc. i respect the people who are doing somethign different, eg again jagcorsa

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car modifying these days (bit contraversial) 22 database queries in 0.0197930 seconds