corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Awsome Race Yesterday!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Awsome Race Yesterday!
Macca_G

User status: Offline
14th Feb 05 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm open to suggestions and critism but the race happened and there are no lies.. It was 100% definatley an Evo 6.. or a bloody realistic ..very tuned up replica Cheers for the comments..
Stu

14th Feb 05 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use a W reg 2.5 SRI Vectra at work, obviously totally standard, havent got a clue what power etc and my own car is a P1. Standard figures for my car are very similar to a standard Evo 6, 280bhp, 0-60 in 4.5 secs and top end of 150ish.

In standard form I have never even thought about comparing my P1 to the Vectra. The Vectra is a heavy, comfy, slow cruiser, it would never get anywhere near the P1 EVER!

Now my P1 has been fettled slightly, exhaust, ECU, boost upgrade etc, it makes 321bhp, probably a similar spec to the EVO 6 you raced. Im sorry but a 1500kg front wheel drive rep whale would never get a look in!

Probably a very nice car the Vec but it just cant be compared!
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the sounds of your P1 it would have murdered the Evo... Plus as i said i owned a standard V6 SRI and his would have killed it... Flywheel knocks away that V6 lag and spins up really quickly all the other mods help it to pull well ... It really does feel totally different to a standard vectra ...
Stu

14th Feb 05 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Macca_G
By the sounds of your P1 it would have murdered the Evo... Plus as i said i owned a standard V6 SRI and his would have killed it... Flywheel knocks away that V6 lag and spins up really quickly all the other mods help it to pull well ... It really does feel totally different to a standard vectra ...

Good going if he did!

To be honest I have never raced an Evo in mine, when you pull up next to them at the lights its always gonna be 50/50 it rare that they try.
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember my standard V6 SRI and racing it seemed a challenge seemed like it was puchy but never pined you in your seat and didn't launch at all... His is totally different no lag waiting for the flywheel to spin up... it launches well off the line (Obviously knowhere near 4x4 territory but the quickest FWD lauch i've been in) Hit second at 40MPH and you get a massive pull from second and a crisp acceleration not which carries on pulling through the gears.. standard V6's feel quick but with massive flat spots... no launch a feel really heavy.. hard to describe but you can't really compare it to standard at all...
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope people remember that i never said the Vectra was as quicker than the Evo Just said between 80-140 there was not alot in it... Below that it pulled away quite a bit..
psycho sport

14th Feb 05 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once you have taken into account transmission loss on both cars they will be pretty similar. Obviously 4x4 will launch better but as he said its mid range that he's talkin about and thats were i believe fwd cars perform at their best.
nik

14th Feb 05 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A standard Evo will run around 215-220 bhp at the wheels, much greater torque as well than a Vectra.
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
A standard Evo will run around 215-220 bhp at the wheels, much greater torque as well than a Vectra.

just noticed you drive both Evo 6 and CTR... how do they compare?

P.s. again i never said the Vectra was as quicker or even as quick.. Just put down what happened yesterday...
OzziE

14th Feb 05 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im running 270bhp and 300lbs.ft or torque which is more torque than a standard evo 6 - i wouldnt be stupid enough to race it off the lights and would still expect to lose through the gears... what kind of torque is your vectra kicking out?
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those figures are massive! are you saying you wouldn't hit 0-60 in 5 secs? I'd find it quite annoying if i had figures like that in a small hatch and wouldn't beat a standard Evo I hear of plenty of cars that beat standard Subaru's / Evo's ????
Tom

14th Feb 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U hyave to rmember that these cars are just about as quick as most things on the road a standard evo does 60 in 5ish seconds, yeah fair enough might loose a bit after that but they're still 280bhp standard and it's gonna take a bit of beating.
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its like my mate, he's got a Skyline R33 and that should take a bit of beating but he said he's been beat by loads of things on the road.... told me the other day about being beat by a tuned up Renult 5 GTTurbo...
Stu

14th Feb 05 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Other thing you have to remember is that an Evo 6 running 280bhp is standard, everything on the car is designed around that power output, the gearbox, the chassis, the suspension, the gear ratios etc etc

You put 280bhp through a front wheel drive car that was designed for 200bhp and you are obviously gonna have gearing and traction problems!

[Edited on 14-02-2005 by Stu]
mk4_astra

14th Feb 05 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Hope people remember that i never said the Vectra was as quicker than the Evo Just said between 80-140 there was not alot in it... Below that it pulled away quite a bit..

ah thats the bit i didnt read, i know some1 who used to own a p1(standard) and his mate had an e46 m3(launch control and no 155mph limiter ) and the p1 would pull ahead from a stand still but not by much and at 70-80 the m3 was gaining, by 120ish the m3 was in front and going at a pace that the p1 couldnt keep up with, by 160 the m3 was quite abit ahead then the p1 went bang
this m3 was heavy aswell( 1 tv in the front, and 1 in each headrest) so with the power and mods your mates veccy has i cant see similar power to weight ratios between the vectra and m3 being impossible and maybe the evo driver really was trying
Jamie

14th Feb 05 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TVs dont weight that much do they?
Stu

14th Feb 05 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
quote:

ah thats the bit i didnt read, i know some1 who used to own a p1(standard) and his mate had an e46 m3(launch control and no 155mph limiter ) and the p1 would pull ahead from a stand still but not by much and at 70-80 the m3 was gaining, by 120ish the m3 was in front and going at a pace that the p1 couldnt keep up with, by 160 the m3 was quite abit ahead then the p1 went bang
this m3 was heavy aswell( 1 tv in the front, and 1 in each headrest) so with the power and mods your mates veccy has i cant see similar power to weight ratios between the vectra and m3 being impossible and maybe the evo driver really was trying

Ive got a standardish P1 myself (321bhp) Ive raced a few E46 M3's in mine. I never really take my P1 over 120mph tho, the engines arent strong enough to hold top speed for a long time, too much heat generated especially with the TMIC. I can say to 120mph I usually make a good few car lengths on em!
Corsa-Nutter

14th Feb 05 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the dude in the evo must not have been trying
Stu

14th Feb 05 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so with the power and mods your mates veccy has i cant see similar power to weight ratios between the vectra and m3 being impossible and maybe the evo driver really was trying

Just do that bit in English for me will you?
mk4_astra

14th Feb 05 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure, but the 1 up front was a nice size,and the car had a tv ariel aswell put into the small shark fin they have on the roof which i would imagine would add some weight,but overall bmws are rather heavy
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH in my opinion the Evo was around 5 secs 0-60 looked about that... the Vec i would say is a bit quicker than a type R so about 6.5 - 6.8 somethhing like that... and felt that way... it had a bit more above 60 as well but then over 80...fcukall difference... thats what happened... so in a race 0-80 it would have been bye bye veccy
mk4_astra

14th Feb 05 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
quote:
so with the power and mods your mates veccy has i cant see similar power to weight ratios between the vectra and m3 being impossible and maybe the evo driver really was trying

Just do that bit in English for me will you?

his mates vectra and a standard e46 m3 probably have similar power to weight ratios
Macca_G

14th Feb 05 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Vectra should be about 160-70BHP per ton i believe... not sure about the M3??
Tom

14th Feb 05 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M3 is 343 bhp can't see it weighing over 2 tonne, but it might
Rob H

14th Feb 05 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Food for thought:
Vectra 2000 SRi 2.5 V6: 170PS, 230 Nm Torque
GSi 2.5 V6: 195 PS, 262Nm Torque.

Not sure what differences the 3.2 cams give, but the GSi Cams were different to the SRi ones, and were tuned for performance. GSi's also had a better Software Specification to match the cams.

Book speed of the SRi is 8.0 seconds, GSi is 7.6

SRi Kerbweight is 1371Kg

...Oh and BTW, that colour on his car is a standard colour. Its called Antelope, and proberbly cost nearer £230-300, not £2500 .

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Awsome Race Yesterday! 22 database queries in 0.0121601 seconds