corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Whats the most expensive house near you?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats the most expensive house near you?
Ben
Banned

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 05 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Probably a couple Mill in Edinburgh, the most expensive house in the UK is on the market just now at £70M and is in Surrey!

UK’s most expensive country house goes on sale with a price tag of in excess of £70 million
The most expensive country property ever to go on sale in the UK is being put on the market today (Monday 28 February 2005). Priced at in excess of £70 million, Updown Court is being heralded as the first 21st century stately home in Britain, with grounds larger in area than both the royal residences of Buckingham Palace and Hampton Court.

Located in the picturesque English village of Windlesham in the heart of Surrey, in what is becoming known as the ‘golden triangle’ (Runnymede, Ascot and Weybridge), this 58 acre estate has all the features of the grandest homes in Britain, together with state of the art technology. All the systems are computer controlled and can be accessed from anywhere in the world.

The sumptuous facilities include five swimming pools, a heated marble driveway, a private cinema, bowling alley, indoor squash court, all weather floodlit tennis court, and stabling for six horses. There is also a helipad for private landings and underground garaging for at least eight limousines.

The accommodation comprising the Updown Court estate is made up of four principal buildings - the main house, guest accommodation, gate lodge and a separate estate manager’s office. Twenty-four bedroom/bathroom suites are provided as part of a total of 103 rooms. The sweeping double staircase at the entrance of the main house is a replica of the late Gianni Versace’s home in Miami. The main house also contains a panic room in case of terrorist attacks.

Updown Court is only 28 miles from Central London and within a 20 minute ride by car to Heathrow Airport. The local area has a range of top schools for all ages, including Eton College and St Mary’s School at Ascot. Sporting facilities nearby include golf at Wentworth and Sunningdale, racing at Ascot and polo on Smith’s Lawn. The area is home to the family of Sheikh al Maktoum. Interest in this new ‘trophy home’ has already been expressed by various international entrepreneurs and the ‘super-rich’.

The property has been masterminded by property developer and entrepreneur, Leslie Allen-Vercoe of Rhymer Investments. For further information about Updown Court, please contact John Denney at Hamptons International:

Hamptons International, 168 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London, SW3 1HW
Telephone: + 44 (0) 1483 572864
Email: denneyj@hamptons-int.com

[Edited on 02-03-2005 by Colin]

any pictures of this?

i actually enjoy looking at houses and watching them been built. i also look in the housing paper too although i have no intension of buying a house yet.
J da Silva

2nd Mar 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you a builder Ben?
Ben
Banned

2nd Mar 05 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sparky mate why?

how are you anyhow bud?

[Edited on 02-03-2005 by Ben]
Colin

2nd Mar 05 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Probably a couple Mill in Edinburgh, the most expensive house in the UK is on the market just now at £70M and is in Surrey!

UK’s most expensive country house goes on sale with a price tag of in excess of £70 million
The most expensive country property ever to go on sale in the UK is being put on the market today (Monday 28 February 2005). Priced at in excess of £70 million, Updown Court is being heralded as the first 21st century stately home in Britain, with grounds larger in area than both the royal residences of Buckingham Palace and Hampton Court.

Located in the picturesque English village of Windlesham in the heart of Surrey, in what is becoming known as the ‘golden triangle’ (Runnymede, Ascot and Weybridge), this 58 acre estate has all the features of the grandest homes in Britain, together with state of the art technology. All the systems are computer controlled and can be accessed from anywhere in the world.

The sumptuous facilities include five swimming pools, a heated marble driveway, a private cinema, bowling alley, indoor squash court, all weather floodlit tennis court, and stabling for six horses. There is also a helipad for private landings and underground garaging for at least eight limousines.

The accommodation comprising the Updown Court estate is made up of four principal buildings - the main house, guest accommodation, gate lodge and a separate estate manager’s office. Twenty-four bedroom/bathroom suites are provided as part of a total of 103 rooms. The sweeping double staircase at the entrance of the main house is a replica of the late Gianni Versace’s home in Miami. The main house also contains a panic room in case of terrorist attacks.

Updown Court is only 28 miles from Central London and within a 20 minute ride by car to Heathrow Airport. The local area has a range of top schools for all ages, including Eton College and St Mary’s School at Ascot. Sporting facilities nearby include golf at Wentworth and Sunningdale, racing at Ascot and polo on Smith’s Lawn. The area is home to the family of Sheikh al Maktoum. Interest in this new ‘trophy home’ has already been expressed by various international entrepreneurs and the ‘super-rich’.

The property has been masterminded by property developer and entrepreneur, Leslie Allen-Vercoe of Rhymer Investments. For further information about Updown Court, please contact John Denney at Hamptons International:

Hamptons International, 168 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London, SW3 1HW
Telephone: + 44 (0) 1483 572864
Email: denneyj@hamptons-int.com

[Edited on 02-03-2005 by Colin]

any pictures of this?

i actually enjoy looking at houses and watching them been built. i also look in the housing paper too although i have no intension of buying a house yet.

Coul;dnt see any, I would have liked to have seen aswell
Lynny

2nd Mar 05 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ones on my estate are about half a mill, most expensive ones though are on my boss' estate, they range up to about 2-3 mill i think
Marc

2nd Mar 05 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think theyre about 250k on my estate.
Robbo

2nd Mar 05 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well there are loads of little hamlets round here and dozens of million pound barn conversions etc in these little villages... go for so much coz we r so central to everywhere and so close 2 london
purple_corsa_gls

2nd Mar 05 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
ones on my estate are about half a mill, most expensive ones though are on my boss' estate, they range up to about 2-3 mill i think

Does your boss live up Generals Wood?

Ours was valued for £450k a couple of months ago we bought it for £150k in Oct 2000
Robbo

2nd Mar 05 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also the house we overlook is worth £400k
Robbo

2nd Mar 05 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An the estate we live on has quite a few £800k houses that are 6/7 bedroms :S
Lynny

2nd Mar 05 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple_corsa_gls
quote:

Does your boss live up Generals Wood?

Ours was valued for £450k a couple of months ago we bought it for £150k in Oct 2000

nah he lives at north lodge? between chester and birtly? jst down road from me. our new house is just under half a mill like, but its canny size! i walked past ur car today saw adverty for corsa on window, i nearly keyed it
Lynny

2nd Mar 05 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

they cant be offical 6/7 bedrooms, wont get insurance. ours is 6 double bedrooms, but officially has to be registered as 5 bedroom and 'playroom'
purple_corsa_gls

2nd Mar 05 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pikey bastard MOT man snapped off my petrol cover. so you would have just added insult to injury
Robbo

2nd Mar 05 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

they cant be offical 6/7 bedrooms, wont get insurance. ours is 6 double bedrooms, but officially has to be registered as 5 bedroom and 'playroom'
lol didnt know that yeah there are a few 6 beds certainly... could well be classed as study etc
Lynny

2nd Mar 05 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

purple_corsa_gls - ok ill key it on friday when i walk past
robbo - u knwo now thing is ours already had a study as wel;l as 6 bedrooms, 3 living rooms etc so persimmon registered it as playroom
purple_corsa_gls

2nd Mar 05 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to work at more than home insurance, and the max was 15 bedroom
Lynny

2nd Mar 05 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I used to work at more than home insurance, and the max was 15 bedroom

when we got ours built, we asked why they registered it as 5 bedroom and playroom and they said coz they couldny get 6 bedroom + insured
purple_corsa_gls

2nd Mar 05 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they lied and sold you a 5 bed house and a garage with a bed in. I bet the sales man pissed himself when you bought that 2 bed semi with potential for nigh on half a mil
Lynny

2nd Mar 05 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think they lied and sold you a 5 bed house and a garage with a bed in. I bet the sales man pissed himself when you bought that 2 bed semi with potential for nigh on half a mil

eh our garages have cars in, not beds all houses on estate are same, non are counted as 6 bedroom
purple_corsa_gls

2nd Mar 05 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meths
Ojc

2nd Mar 05 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my road, our house £325,000
jr

2nd Mar 05 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£ 1 mil at the top of the road
Simon

2nd Mar 05 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the site to the 70 Million pound house.

http://www.updowncourt.com

Larger in area than both the royal residences of Hampton Court Palace or Buckingham Palace, this magnificent estate symbolises the grand scale and imposing presence of the Great Houses of England, yet employs state-of-the-art 21st Century technology to provide the ultimate living environment.

ed

2nd Mar 05 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably my house... Or maybe Ozzy Osbournes, his is pretty big but has no land in comparison.
Cole

2nd Mar 05 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that van hoogstratten bloke lives about 20 mins down the rd from me thats gotta be worth mega mega bucks its bigger than buckingham palace iirc

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Whats the most expensive house near you? 22 database queries in 0.0134082 seconds