corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NEW ASTRA VXR

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NEW ASTRA VXR
Ojc

User status: Offline
21st Apr 05 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will beat it
vibrio
Banned

21st Apr 05 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
The Focus, CTR, Golf GTi are all about to be kicked to the kurb by this motherfcuker

only in straight line speed. the astra will handle like shit, be crap off boost and have dull bland steering
ed_jones

21st Apr 05 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it except for the exhaust
Rob H

21st Apr 05 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
The Focus, CTR, Golf GTi are all about to be kicked to the kurb by this motherfcuker

only in straight line speed. the astra will handle like shit, be crap off boost and have dull bland steering

Have you driven a VXR? Oh, not they dont exist do they .

I do know where your coming from though, The Mk4 GSi was a really nice car, that handled well, but it didnt have the feeling of Being as special as the CTR does. Thing is though, i think the 200 brake SRi turbo is the replacement for the GSi so to speak, and hopefully the VXR will be the car that will truley rival the CTR and the Golf.
Skipz

21st Apr 05 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

I do know where your coming from though, The Mk4 GSi was a really nice car, that handled well, but it didnt have the feeling of Being as special as the CTR does. Thing is though, i think the 200 brake SRi turbo is the replacement for the GSi so to speak, and hopefully the VXR will be the car that will truley rival the CTR and the Golf.

as far as I'm aware there Wont be a 200BHP versionof the SRi Turbo only a 170bhp version thats what i was told by the local Vauxhall dealer..

Tbh theres not much point in there being the 2.0 available in 170, 200 and 240bhp form cos everyone will stretch to the 200bhp andhardly anyone will buy the 170 bhp then when the 240bhp VXR version comes out the ones thatcan afford them will shun the 170 and 200bhp versions for the VXr...

so Vauxhall are cutting out the 200bhp version so that they still sell the 170bhp version and the 240bhp version...

mazdaspeed

21st Apr 05 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the last series of top gear, they tested the hot hatches, the Civic Type R beat the Golf GTi around the track. Even tho the GTi is more powerful. All depends on handling at the end of the day.

[Edited on 21-04-2005 by mazdaspeed]
vibrio
Banned

21st Apr 05 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mazdaspeed
On the last series of top gear, they tested the hot hatches, the Civic Type R beat the Golf GTi around the track. Even tho the GTi is more powerful. All depends on handling at the end of the day.

both are 200ps
Skipz

21st Apr 05 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mazdaspeed

both are 200ps

i was thinking this myself
Skipz

21st Apr 05 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
like the looks, wasnt sure b4, alloys look good, but how will it really compare with the golf r36, the new supercharged corolla

I think you mean R32 Golf unless they are bring out a 3.6 litre beast which i havent heard anything about and quite a few of my mates are golf daft

I'm pretty sure that the new VXR would rape the R32 as the Mk4 Astra GSi was able to keep up with the R32 due to the Mk4 R32 being a fat heavy slag

[Edited on 21-04-2005 by h18_oab]
Tom

21st Apr 05 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are plans for an R36 golf Boab was a post the other day.

I hope vauxhall have done something special with the set-up of this new astra fingers crossed it'll handle well. It certainly looks the part
Rob H

21st Apr 05 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
like the looks, wasnt sure b4, alloys look good, but how will it really compare with the golf r36, the new supercharged corolla

Golf R32/36 is in a different league really as it has 4WD, so should handle better, get off the line better etc. Not sure about the corrola, but lets be honest, they do look a bit shit really dont they? .

SRi 200 is still available in 5dr, but the point i was trying to make is that even the SRi is a fairly Hot hatch, but hopefully the VXR will be a no comprimise hot hatch that goes and handles as well as it looks .
BlitZ

21st Apr 05 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

sorry but have you driven the new sports hatch ?

It handles pretty well tbh. Does even better with sports mode.

and the VXR will obviously be better so.......

[Edited on 21-04-2005 by BlitZ]
mazdaspeed

21st Apr 05 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought the golf was 220?
Skipz

21st Apr 05 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

I hope vauxhall have done something special with the set-up of this new astra fingers crossed it'll handle well. It certainly looks the part

I will have to cuff my mates ear with something pretty solid then he's not kept up to date (never saw the post either)

I believe the VXR has uprated suspension compared to the 170bhp model, and i should bloody hope it does with the extra 70 horses

My Uncle in Oz says that when the Astra H hits the Australian Shores the Guy that runs his local HSV Dealer is planning to whack about $10k on Penske coilovers so it handles like a go kart
Nath

21st Apr 05 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks spot on

Good work Vauxhall!
Greg_M

21st Apr 05 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
Originally posted by Greg_M
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
Uk version also has overboost facility

they should fix that before it comes out

What do u mean fix it. - UK version allows more boost on full throttle hence more power - no need to fix it

corsasport allows more sarcasm everyday hence more comedy - no need to fix THAT
corsaboi2005

21st Apr 05 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite like that, wasn't a big fan of the astra mk5 when it was launched but its grown on me lol. im not sure if i prefer the mk4 gsi to it though.
Robbo

21st Apr 05 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks better than the original "concept", although I'm sure the power figures don't seem right to me for 240bhp

Priced well I reckon that will sell well... thing is though, I scoffed at the idea oif getting a Golf GTi based purely on the price compared to my CTR but the moment I sat in one etc I was stunned (ask JR as he has had a similar experience) - it really will need to be something special to beat the Golf IMO but can't argue with the price/power equation
MarkM

21st Apr 05 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have the R32 anyday over any of the cars mentioned in this post...thats just me though...

Robbo

21st Apr 05 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets be fair tho, R32 is aniother clas up from all the cars mentioned
LukeGSi

21st Apr 05 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks
Rob H

21st Apr 05 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Lets be fair tho, R32 is aniother clas up from all the cars mentioned

Exactly. Why people keep mentioning the golf i dont know. Its an Extra £3k over the price of the Astra, and £6k over the price of a Civic! Hardly a fair comparison, in fact, a better car to compare it agains is going to be a Subaru or an Evo, being as its in the same price range, and they all have 4WD .
whitter45

22nd Apr 05 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by h18_oab
quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

as far as I'm aware there Wont be a 200BHP versionof the SRi Turbo only a 170bhp version thats what i was told by the local Vauxhall dealer..

Tbh theres not much point in there being the 2.0 available in 170, 200 and 240bhp form cos everyone will stretch to the 200bhp andhardly anyone will buy the 170 bhp then when the 240bhp VXR version comes out the ones thatcan afford them will shun the 170 and 200bhp versions for the VXr...

so Vauxhall are cutting out the 200bhp version so that they still sell the 170bhp version and the 240bhp version...

UK SRI will have 170 BHP in 3 door format

The 197BHP engine is only being used in European models but not in the UK

The reason being I think is that once the VXR comes out no-one will want the 197BHP version anyway and insuance groups would be very similar for both hence reduce power to 170 BHP and they can lower insurance group
Tom

22nd Apr 05 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by h18_oab
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

I will have to cuff my mates ear with something pretty solid then he's not kept up to date (never saw the post either)

I believe the VXR has uprated suspension compared to the 170bhp model, and i should bloody hope it does with the extra 70 horses

My Uncle in Oz says that when the Astra H hits the Australian Shores the Guy that runs his local HSV Dealer is planning to whack about $10k on Penske coilovers so it handles like a go kart

How much
Viperboy

22nd Apr 05 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had one come round work 2 weeks ago to have the product demo! Its stunning and very!!!! quick sounds lush aswell.

just so u know im not bull shitin ya's im a car salesman at a vauxhall dealer! B)

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NEW ASTRA VXR 22 database queries in 0.0180402 seconds