corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Suppose someone should say it...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Suppose someone should say it...
Nath

User status: Offline
1st May 05 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
Chelsea have done well,
but the comment on arsenal spending a fortune on transfers is stupid. Arsene wenger is by far the best businessman/manager in the league. The only player arsena; have sold and lost money on was anelka.

Sam Allardyce is a better businessman IMO. Look at the Bolton team sheet and look how much he has spent. Also note where they came from a few seasons ago and where they will be playing next season. Future England boss for sure!

[Edited on 01-05-2005 by Nath]
Nath

1st May 05 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you have the money then you can buy who you want and build the best squad, just like ferrari in formula one!
So the gap gets greater each year. I think you will find in the next few seasons there will be a cap on the amoutn you can spend to try and make things level again!

Plans afoot to limit spending in accordance to gate reciepts, or is that wages Something along those lines.

[Edited on 01-05-2005 by Nath]
dave17

1st May 05 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it funny how people can dismiss the fact that chelsea bought the title, il remind you of your previous Premiership positions, (going back in years)

2nd
4th
6th
6th
5th
3rd
4th
6th
11th
11th
14th
11th

hmmm, anyone see a trend here?!

chelsea were jus an average team getting into Europe, big boy with his cash comes along and u start winning things??

And for people who say, well Arsenal and Man Utd spend alot on players just the same. Yes, Man Utd DO spend ALOT on players, but they have earnt the right to do this, due to title winning, advertising etc etc.

Arsenal, however do NOT spend alot on players at all. 11M for Henry, i know i woulda rather spend that on Thierry than 24M on Drogba

End of the day, im not fazed by all this Chelsea bullshit. Its amazing how many 'Chelsea' fans have come out of the woodwork this season, but theyl all return when abramovich gets bored of u lot and takes his money away with him
Nath

1st May 05 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would he get bored?

Gooners and United fans keep saying this.
Ojc

1st May 05 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ipswich will be there next season challenging Chelsea for the title...
Nath

1st May 05 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Play Offs will be tough though OJC!
J da Silva

1st May 05 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone slags Mourinho off for being bigheaded, he said he'd win the Premiership with Chelsea, and he's done it, so to me he's just told the truth.
J da Silva

1st May 05 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May I also add, that certain comments about buying the Premiership are just bitter and biased, I'm neutral as I support a Scottish Prem team ( we dominate the spastic league ) so I'm not really bothered what they do, but to me it seems people are ignorant to the fact that if you add up all the bought players value's from mid 90's Man Utd and Arsenal's spendature is probably higher, it's only the fact Chelsea spent a lot 'recently' rather than through the years that people have a problem with it.

Everton is a prime example of a team that hasn't spent a lot, yet it's taken teams with world class superstars to only just pip them,and not every single team has done it, only Chelsea,Arsenal and Man U upto yet, We'll have to see what Liverpool come up with...
Thoday

1st May 05 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jealousy is terrible isnt it people

if that amount of £ was spent by any team, if Abramovich went to any team you would be loving it and would not shut up about it like you are with chelsea..

football is a business now not just a game

The Premiership was getting boring and repetitative, so i can only see a benefit for it..

the only issue i have is chelsea supporters who come out of the shadows now, or yuppies who support them due to success and go to the games taking the tickets all the genuine supporters would get...
dave17

1st May 05 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would not like some chump to come into my club, splash about some money and buy success. Wheres the pride in that? Id rather watch my team do it the hard way, it means more then.
dave17

1st May 05 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And i am no way jealous, come on, what have Chelsea done over the years?

Arsenal :

English League Championships:
The Gunners won the English League Champions Title in the folowing seasons:
1930/31, 1932/33, 1933/34, 1934/35, 1937/38, 1947/48, 1952/53, 1970/71, 1988/89, 1990/91, 1997/98, 2001/02, 2003/04.

Cup Wins (FA Cup, League Cup and Charity Shield):
FA Cup:9 Wins:
English League Cup:
1987 (Beat Liverpool 2-1)
1993 (Beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-1)

Charity/Community Shield:
1930, 1931, 1933, 1934, 1938, 1948, 1953, 1998, 1999, 2002.

European Competitions:
1970 : European Fairs Cup - Winners.(Arsenal 4-3 Anderlecht on aggregate).
1994 : Cup Winners' Cup - Winners. (Arsenal 1-0 Parma)
Thoday

1st May 05 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

football is different these days

its a commercial business not a game..

its all about 2000 onwards.. where teams, chelsea, newcastle, leeds, man utd, arsenal and foreign teams are spending like mad..

chelsea over paid for most of the players since abramovich took over as they knew he would pay it
Carl

1st May 05 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AC Milan flopped when they tried to buy a team about 4-5 years ago iirc, so you have to give Chelsea some credit.
dave17

1st May 05 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, 2000 onwards for Arsenal:

Champions: 2001/02, 2003/04
FA Cup: 2002, 2003
Charity Shield: 2002

Nath

1st May 05 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to make it more interesting Jose might be with Chelsea another 9 years
Thoday

1st May 05 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye Dave, Arsenal spent £ before that and during, not as much maybe, thats down to Wenger.. but they pay alot in wages also..

teams will now have to buy to compete.. their arent enough decent youth players these days
Danny P

1st May 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
I would not like some chump to come into my club, splash about some money and buy success. Wheres the pride in that? Id rather watch my team do it the hard way, it means more then.

Agreed mate

I support Huddersfield and on average we have fielded 5 or more players that have come through the Academy and made it into the first team.

Were not the best team in't world, but were sitting just outside the Play Offs in League 1, which aint half bad to say two seasons ago we were in administration and only a day away from going bust. We started last season with 8 Profesional players at our club so i think we have done remarkably well to be where we are now, and its all down to hardwork and good coaching - not spending millions of players.
Nath

1st May 05 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
Originally posted by dave17

Agreed mate

I support Huddersfield and on average we have fielded 5 or more players that have come through the Academy and made it into the first team.

Were not the best team in't world, but were sitting just outside the Play Offs in League 1, which aint half bad to say two seasons ago we were in administration and only a day away from going bust. We started last season with 8 Profesional players at our club so i think we have done remarkably well to be where we are now, and its all down to hardwork and good coaching - not spending millions of players.

Sounds familiar

We have brilliant players, and with the exception of one transfer deadline day singing we spent no money. Our prize? The Coca Cola League One Trophy

'Ave it!
Robbo

2nd May 05 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Chelsea have done well,
but the comment on arsenal spending a fortune on transfers is stupid. Arsene wenger is by far the best businessman/manager in the league. The only player arsena; have sold and lost money on was anelka.

And the transfers you listed have been over the last 6 years, chelseas have been in 2 seasons.

If you have the money then you can buy who you want and build the best squad, just like ferrari in formula one!
So the gap gets greater each year. I think you will find in the next few seasons there will be a cap on the amoutn you can spend to try and make things level again!
Dude we made £23m on Anelka

An Dave has it right, Man U eanrt the right to spend mega bucks, arsenal have not spent that much and what they have spent is over a large period of time
Marc

2nd May 05 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course they bought the title. Some rich russian comes along and spunks more money than me and kolin have had wanks into the team. Making them pretty much unstoppable, as most of the time they undoubtedly were.

As for Gary Nevelle featuring in the team of the year
chris-sri

2nd May 05 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate the way that Chelsea have dominated this year but I support Man U so I would. However i gotta say that I have a lot of respect for their players. Also Jose Mourinho is a great manager because he isn't scared of any team and it shows in his players. He may be big headed but I guess to get where he has you have to be.

But that said I hope Liverpool win tomorrow
Skipz

2nd May 05 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brad Roman Abromovich has already put a cap on the spending at Chelsea they wont have the money they have had previously to buy players
Nath

2nd May 05 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by h18_oab
Brad Roman Abromovich has already put a cap on the spending at Chelsea they wont have the money they have had previously to buy players

3 more big signings this summer. Seeing as he Roman made more money last year than he ever has I think it's feasable for Chelsea to get more money to spend.
Robbo

3rd May 05 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Article in paper yesterday showed Abrahmovic has spent over £1m PER DAY in terms of his investment and transfer fees etc.... now tell me they didnt buy the title
Dean_H

3rd May 05 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Article in paper yesterday showed Abrahmovic has spent over £1m PER DAY in terms of his investment and transfer fees etc.... now tell me they didnt buy the title

bollacks so your saying abromamich has spent nearly 700M in 2 years. Your having a laugh.

I bet the profit he makes out of the club will rise and rise from now on, the merchandise gets loads of money, chelsea village makes a profit.

Anyway its his 'toy' heehehe

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Suppose someone should say it... 22 database queries in 0.0152240 seconds