corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsasport Myth.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsasport Myth.......
BeArDy

User status: Offline
16th May 05 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my money still on the VTS
TNM

16th May 05 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Teddy
quote:
Originally posted by TNM
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
right...

My GSi is stripped out...

I'll try get it on the weighbridge tonight to get weights...

but like teddy, I'm pretty much an even match now against VTS / GTI's, if not slightly pulling away from them...

Yet again for some reason corsa owners cant do a like for like comparison!

Standard saxo VTS with all the interior vs corsa GSi with all the interior not stripped out.

Thing is with a stripped interior - the weight is around the same of the two cars - THAT IS THE POINT.

whats the point in trying to compare it if its not like for like?
PaulW

quote:
Originally posted by TNM
quote:
right...

My GSi is stripped out...

I'll try get it on the weighbridge tonight to get weights...

but like teddy, I'm pretty much an even match now against VTS / GTI's, if not slightly pulling away from them...

Yet again for some reason corsa owners cant do a like for like comparison!

Standard saxo VTS with all the interior vs corsa GSi with all the interior not stripped out.

not at all, I'm aware a non-stripped VTS & stripped GSi are exactly equal-contenders, but all I'm saying is with a stripped interior things are slightly different...

I'll admit, I did used to get raped by VTS/GTI's but not by much, but since I stripped it & also did some gubbins to the engine - its not all that in it, if anyhing...
L33 LEG
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
my money still on the VTS

agreed tho, when my paxo was stripped it did make a big difference in speed, but i still doubt it could make that big of a difference
Teddy

16th May 05 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
Teddy, i know how well your car goes people are often fooled by 0-60 times but forget the corsa needs an extra gear change than the gti, mine dont struggle to beat them even with simple mods i.e. exhaust and filter on the vts, however if the vts was stripped out and had the same money put into it that i put into my car then it would beat me. in standard form the gsi has to have a good driver and the gti/vts needs a poor driver. same as in standard form the gti/vts will piss on a corsa gsi in standard form.

Thats the point im making though Mark im not disputing the fact the GTi - VTS out of the box stock for stock is quicker im not saying that.....

The point im making is that ive lost the weight disadvantage that the car carries - if your carrying an extra 60kg and 11bhp down then of course there is going to be a differnce - BUT i have lost that weight and its only the power thats the thing....... 11bhp with similar weights your not going to see a diffence on the road....

For the record the Pug 106 GTi weighs 909kg - ive just checked
broster
Premium Member

16th May 05 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with you there teddy. i was just making a few points so people didnt get confused. id still like to see how mine fairs against a 2ltr corsa with exhaust induction kit and full interior.
BeArDy

16th May 05 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsasport Myth suggests that the Vauxhall Corsa GSi 16v is not as "fast" as the Citroen Saxo VTS or the Peugeot 106GTi................

its not a Myth its the turth

strip your corsa out and it would be very even matched as both be about same power the weight ratio

end off really

[Edited on 16-05-2005 by BeArDy]
R Lee

16th May 05 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i agree with you there teddy. i was just making a few points so people didnt get confused. id still like to see how mine fairs against a 2ltr corsa with exhaust induction kit and full interior.

PVS
broster
Premium Member

16th May 05 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee
quote:

PVS

you.....me.......pink slips yeah!?
Siberia

16th May 05 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

PVS

do this please!!!
PaulW

quote:
quote:
quote:

PVS

There is no RWYB on the Saturday though, only the 3 runs for £15 on the Sunday...
Teddy

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
Corsasport Myth suggests that the Vauxhall Corsa GSi 16v is not as "fast" as the Citroen Saxo VTS or the Peugeot 106GTi................

its not a Myth its the turth

strip your corsa out and it would be very even matched as both be about same power the weight ratio

end off really

[Edited on 16-05-2005 by BeArDy]

Wrong - if you play with whats there - you can have not far out the same power to weight.

THE POINT OF THE THREAD IS THAT I HAVE LOST THE WEIGHT DISADVANTAGE THAT THE CAR STARTS WITH.
R Lee

quote:
quote:
quote:

PVS

how about loser buys winner a pack of haribos
PaulW

16th May 05 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

PVS

I might have to engineer your idling fault for PVS then as I wants me some Harribo's
broster
Premium Member

16th May 05 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

PVS

im glad you said that.........but im game if you are?! paul yeah itll be infront of all the people and i feel they may laugh at me......
Tom

16th May 05 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't there a 'thing' on here a while ago people saying that there 106 gti's or vts's with brether mods on were 'more than a match' for a 2.0 corsa
broster
Premium Member

16th May 05 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

PVS

I might have to engineer your idling fault for PVS then as I wants me some Harribo's

iv given up on trying to fix my car, better get it booked into jamsport and get them to fix it and do cam belt whilst its there lol!
R Lee

16th May 05 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who's fucking arsed about who is actually quicker?

just say they're the same....
Siberia

16th May 05 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AHHHHHHH....... why the fook am i not going to PVS...
Ojc

16th May 05 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I had my GSi I had a race with a friends 106 GTi, both standard engines bar induction kit on mine.

Beat it off the mark to the end of first gear, then 2nd gear was fluffed by the GTi and I pulled out a gap, within 200 metres the GTi had gained on me again.

If the GSi did not need the extra gear change to reach 60mph it would be a
second quicker to 60mph.

But, on the motorway at speeds above 70mph there is no difference between the two.

But I'm sorry in standard form a VTS/GTi will beat a standard Corsa GSi from standing start.

PaulW

16th May 05 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
AHHHHHHH....... why the fook am i not going to PVS...

Come over on the boat on the Saturday & follow me down from Liverpool
Ojc

16th May 05 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Teddy, I am going to race you at PVS in the Nova, show you what the X16XE can do when the shell its moving does not weigh as much as a Corsa.
Teddy

16th May 05 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Teddy, I am going to race you at PVS in the Nova, show you what the X16XE can do when the shell its moving does not weigh as much as a Corsa.

Why? My LET might be in then
Colin

16th May 05 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt matter what you do really GSi Vs GTi/VTS the latter is always going to be the quicker.......compairing a car modded or stripped against one thats not is just stupid & unfair!! My scooby could beat a mcLaren F1 if I stripped it & fitted a jato on the back
TNM

16th May 05 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Doesnt matter what you do really GSi Vs GTi/VTS the latter is always going to be the quicker.......compairing a car modded or stripped against one thats not is just stupid & unfair!! My scooby could beat a mcLaren F1 if I stripped it & fitted a jato on the back

colin i have been trying to get this point over every time some one posts a silly thread like this

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsasport Myth....... 22 database queries in 0.0166202 seconds