corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Two Extra Subs....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Two Extra Subs....
Carr

User status: Offline
15th Jun 05 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I might save up and get myself 2 10's and make myself a boot install over the summer
Dom

15th Jun 05 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, i would replace the 15 with 4 (or more) 10s (or a pair of 12s) as it will give you the punch and be still as loud

although personally i think you will struggle to get 10s and a 15" to sound great - you will get the punch/kick from the 10s and then the flapping from the 15" trying to push that note - could sound odd. But then again, i would be running EQs on a setup like that, so you can tweak each sub to handle different things etc
nathan2005

15th Jun 05 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got 4 12 inch mutants. Good quality and good at dance and house, good for price paid!
Fear

15th Jun 05 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gez G
Im running Rainbow Audio 5.25" components up front from a JL 300/2 amp and 2 x 12 Jl w6 from a JL 500/1 amp and the sound is perfectly balanced.

is that the old W6's or the new v2 W6's!

As i would have thought a 500/1 would struggle to run 2 of the v2 12s being that they are 400 watts RMS each, my 500/1 pumps all its got into my one 13W6v2!
SteveW

15th Jun 05 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DUDE... just save up and buy a 500/1 amp

it worked fine and dandy in my car.. the only music it disnt like keepin up with was hardcore and gabba.. but drum n bass, hiphop, house, metal and all the other stuff it keeps up with fine.. and was fookin loud with it (with the JL XR comps and 300/2 it was a very good setup at the time)

143.3db
Ben
Banned

15th Jun 05 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loo_goblin
still good tho?

i got 2 RE 8 inchers

ive got a re 12 , and fook me its loud , eventually when i get rid of the back seats i will invest in two more , when its up loud the wiper bounces off the window and the mirrors shake so much you cant see out of them
loo_goblin

15th Jun 05 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really want to get a RE XXX. steve do u remember that white corsa at guildford last time we were there that was a 12 XXX fooking loud
chr15barn3s

15th Jun 05 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you want to hear the 18'' xxx now then, thats even louder
loo_goblin

15th Jun 05 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chris, he has got rid of that if remember correctly
ed

15th Jun 05 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
DUDE... just save up and buy a 500/1 amp

it worked fine and dandy in my car.. the only music it disnt like keepin up with was hardcore and gabba.. but drum n bass, hiphop, house, metal and all the other stuff it keeps up with fine.. and was fookin loud with it (with the JL XR comps and 300/2 it was a very good setup at the time)

143.3db
I came to that conclusion Just remembered that time you ran it up full power at my house the first time I went in Snowy

Next question, Components. Would it make much difference if I went for 6" woofers rather than 6.5" ones? Got a good price on a set of JL VR 600's... In fact, got a good price on the amps and everthing too
ed

15th Jun 05 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chr15barn3s
you want to hear the 18'' xxx now then, thats even louder
You should hear the 32" mofo this car was running at Max Live last year. Man that thing was loud, but it was really really slow... Running like 6000w though
loo_goblin

15th Jun 05 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ed go for sum nice 3 ways, focal K3P are the 3 way version of my 2 way, painz has aset aswel, they r really good
ed

15th Jun 05 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corbs selling a set of the 2 ways... If he still has them for sale when I'm buying the new suff then I'll be 'aving them
loo_goblin

15th Jun 05 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat fronts u currently got?

adisri will be selling sum focal 2 ways soon.

wat focals are corbs?
ed

15th Jun 05 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's got some Focal Plolykevlar 165K2's for sale... I have burnt out JBL's from when I first upgraded about 3 years ago....
loo_goblin

15th Jun 05 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get them, i think they r the same as the one adi is goin to sell

i got the next ones up.
ed

15th Jun 05 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then for amps... I need a 500 watt 1 channel and a 200-300 watt 2 channel... Was thinking JL
loo_goblin

15th Jun 05 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

audison

wat ohm impedance is ur sub?
Dom

15th Jun 05 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the focals up front mate

as for amps, surely the 15" handles more than 400 odd watts RMS??? remember to wack on an extra 50-100wRMS ontop of the sub rating, so you can back the gains of a tad and ease distortion when playing full wack
loo_goblin

15th Jun 05 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amp makes isuggest r

audison
genesis
JL and sum others r pretty good
ed

15th Jun 05 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The optimum power for the 15 is about 300 watts.... It will run up to 1500watts, but after about 600 or 700 watts the voice coil starts to burn out very quickly and you only get about 2db more when you push it that far....
Dom

15th Jun 05 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
The optimum power for the 15 is about 300 watts.... It will run up to 1500watts, but after about 600 or 700 watts the voice coil starts to burn out very quickly and you only get about 2db more when you push it that far....

so its rated at 300wRMS and your gonna push it to 1500wRMS, yes i think i agree that it will burn the vc's
if your planning to run mega power, then get a sub that can handle it surely? no point in burning a sub out because you pushed it too far.....

eitherway, if your after serious power look at amps from Tru Tech, like the hammer etc, although stuff like Cyrstal is also suppose to be pretty good
loo_goblin

15th Jun 05 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon u should get a new sub
ed

15th Jun 05 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loo_goblin
audison

wat ohm impedance is ur sub?
Dunno, can't even remember what model sub it is, it's one of the older dual voice coil JL's I think it's something like 4 ohms and stable at 2 ohms.
ed

15th Jun 05 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed

so its rated at 300wRMS and your gonna push it to 1500wRMS, yes i think i agree that it will burn the vc's
if your planning to run mega power, then get a sub that can handle it surely? no point in burning a sub out because you pushed it too far.....

eitherway, if your after serious power look at amps from Tru Tech, like the hammer etc, although stuff like Cyrstal is also suppose to be pretty good
Na, I never said I was going to run it at that sort of power, was going to put 500 watts through it, same as Steve did

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Two Extra Subs.... 22 database queries in 0.0158520 seconds