corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This is getting stupid now

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This is getting stupid now
MR2Mike

User status: Offline
27th Jun 05 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i meant for inurance ian, but whatever, if your wiser why are there so many complaints
Brett
Premium Member

27th Jun 05 at 02:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
i meant for inurance ian, but whatever, if your wiser why are there so many complaints

haven't we just resolved this in offday

everybody loves ian again, remember?

[Edited on 27-06-2005 by loafofbrett]
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jun 05 at 02:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do agree that wiser sometimes comes over as wise-ass, and some things that some people say are just downright rude, nevermind unhelpful.

As I said though, its not so general. There is good advice to be had if the questions are right.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

27th Jun 05 at 07:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i knw.. my earlier point was that you cant win either way on here..... gsi kit = some ppl say mint, some say same as everyone else, so buy a big kit, some say looks mint (very few) and other say "big silly bumpers" and if you dont have the top ICE like everyone else - ur a complete tit ... they dont think for a minute that everyone isnt aiming on having a show car lol

Well you can't help people having their own opinions on topics, its allll part of being human! .

I like what I like, doesnt matter if its mad subtle, gsi kitted, mad kitted, a mix of both.

If you are building your car to please others then sure take the comments to heart as much as possible but if its for your own joy then fuck what everyone else thinks, if you think it looks good then mission complete!

Also GSI kit doesnt automatically mean YOU WIN! I remember Brad posting pictures of his modified GSI kitted orange car and the pictures were absolutely gash! Lucky for him you could only do it justice by seeing it in person
LukeGSi

27th Jun 05 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having a corsa seems to be fairly popular and common
Rob126

27th Jun 05 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

matt - since it started off regarding my thread. all i did was ask for opinion regarding my so called FAIRY TALE project. and i got replys talking about the engine rather than the project as a whole, thats why i was aswering back. i couldn't c how ppl were saying that its not a tunable engine when infact i saw a 180bhp exactly the same engine on a hyundai coupe. also the thing may be that since i don't rly use my english maybe sometimes i use wrong words and may seem offensive when infact it wouldn't be intended. sry if this ever happened.

edited spelling

[Edited on 27-06-2005 by Rob126]
Ojc

27th Jun 05 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 2 pence worth now.

GSi kit and Speedlines are not popular, repeat not popular. Just because a number of people on a internet forum have it does not make it nationally popular, I've never seen another Corsa around the Berkshire area with a GSi kit and Speedlines, the only time I have seen it again was at the National meet and that was Matt's Corsa

Same goes for Speedline alloys, apart from me and Rachel I have never seen another set in a 50 mile radius of Reading, when I speak to people about my car they say "never seen them alloys before where you get them" to which I reply "You can't get them anymore "

I see more Corsas with Fox alloys than Speedlines does this make them sheep?

Lets all have sex now.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jun 05 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I see more Corsas with Fox alloys than Speedlines
Good point.
RKS

27th Jun 05 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who cares what people on a website say about your car?

Modifying a car is not about being different, it is also not about following trends, it is about customizing your car into a vehicle that you like,

If you like a Corsa with GSi kit, 2.0 engine and speedlines then have one, but on the other hand if you want a big bodykit, with some really wild paint, then do that.

Its your car some people will like it some people will not, if you cant take critisim then dont post it on a public forum
Carl

27th Jun 05 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

However - Gsi kit and speedlines - it's not a matter of people trying to go 'wow look how amazingly different my car looks' - its about making a very classy, smooth looking car that is subtle looking, but still modified looking.

this is what i had in my head but couldn't think how to put it. In my opinion this is what modding a car is about, rather than sticking outragiously shaped fibre glass on a car.
People need to remember that the reason something becomes popular is usually because it looks good and suits something (ie gsi kit,speedlines) or is the most cost effective for a purpose. (ie XE for a fast/not too expensive corsa) .
BTW i've not seen one corsa with speedlines in Barnsley that i can recall.
Fad

27th Jun 05 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its mad its the new trend....its the fact you have to cut your nose off to spite yourself to be different....why?

If it looks gash why do it? to be different? Guess iits due to having so many members tastes are going to vary either way.
mav

27th Jun 05 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just do what you want to do..If you like it, get it....nuff said
stuartmitchell

27th Jun 05 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I got a corsa, fucking right Iwould have a gsi kit, speedlines and an XE, it the law

Jokes aside, the best looking corsas are the ones that fal into that category, Im not bothered about being an individual, I have tooros on my pug for fuck sake

peace out
Jambo

27th Jun 05 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Olly said corsa with speedlines was at PVS! I see the guy all the time, he works in maidenhead Vaux, but never chatted to him, gave me a thumbs up at the pod tho!
3CorsaMeal

27th Jun 05 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everything has been done to corsas now...........who cares really????

they have become what the nova was about 4-5yrs ago.

in another 5yrs they will be disappearing from the scene.

they up there with

-mk3 fiesta
-mk1 saxo
-mk1 pug 106

don't think anyone really takes much notice of modified corsas apart from modified corsa drivers
Rebrabuk

27th Jun 05 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
i am not rich, i have a cheap car and it's still mint!

Ahem, shed..
Matt H

27th Jun 05 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob126
matt - since it started off regarding my thread. all i did was ask for opinion regarding my so called FAIRY TALE project. and i got replys talking about the engine rather than the project as a whole, thats why i was aswering back. i couldn't c how ppl were saying that its not a tunable engine when infact i saw a 180bhp exactly the same engine on a hyundai coupe. also the thing may be that since i don't rly use my english maybe sometimes i use wrong words and may seem offensive when infact it wouldn't be intended. sry if this ever happened.

edited spelling

[Edited on 27-06-2005 by Rob126]

Wasn't talking about you car Rob!

Meant Rob Marriot
Rob126

27th Jun 05 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohhh ok sry thought that refered to my post regarding the kitcar of a couple of days ago. sry for that m8.
Ojc

27th Jun 05 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Olly said corsa with speedlines was at PVS! I see the guy all the time, he works in maidenhead Vaux, but never chatted to him, gave me a thumbs up at the pod tho!

Silver one with Steinmetz lip? 1.6 16v is'nt it?
Jambo

27th Jun 05 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think so!

Didnt see him up the strip, he was driving away from it then didnt see him all day..

Never get a chance to stop him, seems cool tho. Theres also a black corsa with a flycatcher bumper and silly suspension in maidenhead, he always says hello.

His kind of politeness makes me feel better about todays society
Katie

27th Jun 05 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ok ian, but youll see how much u get ripped for havin a kit and a 1,2 engine on here if you read threads..... u cant win on here unless ur rich.

Agreed. I have a 1.2 8v corsa with a combat kit. People have slated me for both of these points, but i love it, and i am happy with it (except for the interior, which will be sorted when i have saved enough money). People spend so much money on their cars, which is fair enough if you can afford it or if 'parents' pay for it to get done up, but i can't afford it and my mum can't help me out, so for the £550 i pay in insurance for having a 1.2 8v and the way my car looks for the price i payed for it, i am happy
Adam_B

27th Jun 05 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone in the other thread put lexus lights in the same catagory as speedlines and XE's

Tom

27th Jun 05 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam I love your corsa
Ojc

27th Jun 05 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom I love you
Tom

27th Jun 05 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm loveable

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This is getting stupid now 22 database queries in 0.0318000 seconds