corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ban Horses from main roads

Poll: Ban Horses from main roads
Yes 34 (69.39%)
No 15 (30.61%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ban Horses from main roads
SteveW

User status: Offline
18th Jul 05 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont bother me too much... but its when they ride side by side (same with bikes) that pisses me off.. cos you cant pass them on some of the country lanes round here
vibrio
Banned

18th Jul 05 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
no tax, no insurance, no license, no MOT type testing to say they are roadworthy, they poo everywhere, they are owned by arrogant tw.ats who never say thank you when you slow down...

As 3CM says, there are plenty of bridleways... so why cant they use those?

again there are in front, they have right of way, you have to slow down by law
a_j_mair

18th Jul 05 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt ban them from the road but they should have to wear high vis vest/jacket and should have to pick up there shit after them
Ditch

18th Jul 05 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
no tax, no insurance, no license, no MOT type testing to say they are roadworthy, they poo everywhere, they are owned by arrogant tw.ats who never say thank you when you slow down...

As 3CM says, there are plenty of bridleways... so why cant they use those?

again there are in front, they have right of way, you have to slow down by law

yes thank you for clarifying the highway code to me vibrator

however they are still arrogant cnuts for not saying thank you...

If I am overtaking them as they are holding me up, the chances are I will want to accelerate.... but I then run the risk of the horse going AWOL

they SHOULD NOT be allowed to use main roads... its not safe
Jambo

18th Jul 05 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL @ Dave
K17STY

18th Jul 05 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who was here first?
Ditch

18th Jul 05 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was
K17STY

18th Jul 05 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol before the first horse, impressive

what age are you now
suzsri

18th Jul 05 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

horses have the rite to be on the road just as much as us car owners they pay alot more road insurance for there horses then we we do our cars
Rebrabuk

18th Jul 05 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
fit them with speedlines and be done with it. problem solved.

It's a rocking horse!!
K17STY

18th Jul 05 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by suzsri
horses have the rite to be on the road just as much as us car owners they pay alot more road insurance for there horses then we we do our cars

We dont pay road insurance. We just have general insurance in case of accidents, vets bills etc. We are taught how to ride on the road and are also ment to be single file. Also most horses on the road are safe, if they are a bit loopy then they shouldnt be on the road.

Saying that there are some arsehole drivers who think driving right up behind, passing as close and as fast as possible and beeping the horn is funny. Even the most calm horse can get spooked by this. Wonder how they will feel when they get a 2 tonne horse through the windscreen or a kick to the side of the car.

Plus a cars damage can be fixed, a horse gets any broken bones and its bye bye. But then most of you probably never consider that when driving by them. We are just out to enjoying the roads like you.
Adam_B

18th Jul 05 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes very good.

But they still shit and ive never seen or heard of any horse riders cleaning it up.
K17STY

18th Jul 05 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would be beacuse unlike dog shite it isnt going to give you anyhting, its simply hay and grass. Its washes away in the rain or breaks down if left in the heat. Do the birds stop to clean up after themselfs? Do you try to lower the amount of fumes your car gives off?
Adam_B

18th Jul 05 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF, yeah i was out flying my sparrow the other day and i couldnt be arsed cleaning it up.

ok, i beleive you that horse shit is not harmfull, however the flys that are attracted to it are, we all know they carry lots of germs, see where im going with this.....?

I just think people should clean up after there animals, be it dogs, horses, kangaroos or whatever.
richard_syko
Banned

18th Jul 05 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk
Even when i do slow down i still scare them. I get dirty looks from the riders..

Beacuse your in a Vectra
britaxcooper

18th Jul 05 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K17STY
quote:
Originally posted by suzsri

We dont pay road insurance. We just have general insurance in case of accidents, vets bills etc. We are taught how to ride on the road and are also ment to be single file. Also most horses on the road are safe, if they are a bit loopy then they shouldnt be on the road.

Saying that there are some arsehole drivers who think driving right up behind, passing as close and as fast as possible and beeping the horn is funny. Even the most calm horse can get spooked by this. Wonder how they will feel when they get a 2 tonne horse through the windscreen or a kick to the side of the car.

Plus a cars damage can be fixed, a horse gets any broken bones and its bye bye. But then most of you probably never consider that when driving by them. We are just out to enjoying the roads like you.

I take it you ride then?

before i would have said they were a pain on the roads, main roads doesnt bother me as much as on a country road, yes theyre the most dangerous but you just dont want to fly round a bend to see a horse and then have to slow down as it could casuse a crash, but then again you need to be aware on that kinnda road,

i was in a village going around a S bend, blind corners due to pub/houses at teh edge of the road and i was doing 30mph in 2nd and there was a horse soon as i got around the bend, she gave me the wanker sign but why? i couldnt have slowed down in that case, but i could have done much worse like floor it!

anyway since ive got with my gf....who is into horses i have to change how i think
K17STY

18th Jul 05 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
WTF, yeah i was out flying my sparrow the other day and i couldnt be arsed cleaning it up.

ok, i beleive you that horse shit is not harmfull, however the flys that are attracted to it are, we all know they carry lots of germs, see where im going with this.....?

I just think people should clean up after there animals, be it dogs, horses, kangaroos or whatever.

your in your car, horse shit is on the road with flys. This affects you how?? Dont just generalise flys with horse shit theyre here without it.

So if thats the case then should farmers get out and clean up after the cows, sheep etc?

Yeah iv been riding since i was 5. Wen out on the road it should be single file with reflective gear and horses that are calm.

P.S Girlies with horses are bitches hence the wanker sign
richard_syko
Banned

18th Jul 05 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But most of the girls round here ON HORSES arnt the posh type, there the bitchy pikey types that look at you as if there better than you.

FFS CHAVS FUCK OFF!

[Edited on 18-07-2005 by richard_syko]
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

18th Jul 05 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats that got to do with horses

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Adam_B

18th Jul 05 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K17STY
quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B

your in your car, horse shit is on the road with flys. This affects you how?? Dont just generalise flys with horse shit theyre here without it.

So if thats the case then should farmers get out and clean up after the cows, sheep etc?

It doesnt affect me directly, i never said it did. I understand flys are here whatever, but i was pointing out that they carry diseases, and they tend to be a lot around shit, be it horse, dog whatever. Horses shit at the side of the road, kid comes along and sticks his hand in it, he gets ill.

cows and sheep dont tend to get ridden around public areas

oh and please stop coming out with such stupid comments after making a fair point.
richard_syko
Banned

18th Jul 05 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi
whats that got to do with horses

on horses btw
Skinz

18th Jul 05 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont give a shite about the flys, it goes up the side of my car and is 10x harder than ordinary mud to clean off, it goes like glue how would you like it if i came round your stables and poured a pot of superglue over your horse? have fun washing it off
3CorsaMeal

19th Jul 05 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i honked my horn once and was going fast, all i saw in the rear view mirror was the horse jumping on someones bonnet that had stopped for it
3CorsaMeal

19th Jul 05 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

metal shoes wtf
3CorsaMeal

19th Jul 05 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should all be made into dog food, horses are so old fashioned way of getting around

its cruel to them to make them walk around on tarmac while u sit halfway down their spine

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ban Horses from main roads 23 database queries in 0.0207090 seconds