corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » *Need to start a Winter CarCare thread*

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Need to start a Winter CarCare thread*
bradfincham

User status: Offline
7th Nov 05 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep i also have problems with the corsa as its keyless entry, so make sure battery is topped up or charged!!!

And i need an ice scraper indoors as the alarm wont pick up the keyfob through icy windows so need to scrape the ice of first!!

Tyres pressures, all lights and keep hold of a spare set of headlight bulbs and tail bulbs

that should be about it!!
3CorsaMeal

7th Nov 05 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy a herd of raindeer and get them to tow your corsa while wearing a big red and white outfit

broster
Premium Member

7th Nov 05 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
Yep i also have problems with the corsa as its keyless entry, so make sure battery is topped up or charged!!!

And i need an ice scraper indoors as the alarm wont pick up the keyfob through icy windows so need to scrape the ice of first!!

Tyres pressures, all lights and keep hold of a spare set of headlight bulbs and tail bulbs

that should be about it!!

isn't your alarm pick up point in the engine bay?
bradfincham

7th Nov 05 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope behing the rear view mirror
Planty02

20th Nov 05 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt - i know its old but thought it might be useful
schoey

20th Nov 05 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, get a different car for the winter!
andybill

20th Nov 05 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you start car ion the mornin, wack heaters on full blast, give windscreen and rear window few squirts with washer jets then go sit back inside for about 5 mins, get some water that is warm, not hot, pour over car and away you go. Will only crack window if its like -10 and wack boilin water on it...
Kiddy_Corsa

20th Nov 05 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where can u take your car to be wax oiled?
Butler

20th Nov 05 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you cover your windscreen with a blanket the night before I heard it will provent it getting iced up, havent tried this yet.
Joe

20th Nov 05 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andybill
when you start car ion the mornin, wack heaters on full blast, give windscreen and rear window few squirts with washer jets then go sit back inside for about 5 mins, get some water that is warm, not hot, pour over car and away you go. Will only crack window if its like -10 and wack boilin water on it...

If you do this make sure you check your wipers arent stuck to the screen or it will rip the rubbers out when the wipers move
andybill

20th Nov 05 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
If you cover your windscreen with a blanket the night before I heard it will provent it getting iced up, havent tried this yet.

it does but then you still have to de-mist the inside and have a frozen blanket to de-frost
Sims

20th Nov 05 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure you get your anti freeze in. First frosty day here i noticed my Radiator was leaking and basiacally was shagged.

Had to fork out for a new one and fit it on saturday to replace it. I then put the anti freeze in after

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » *Need to start a Winter CarCare thread* 22 database queries in 0.0093250 seconds