corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra 888

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra 888
Doug

User status: Offline
15th Dec 05 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the 888's guess its personal taste though
deanmcreynolds26

15th Dec 05 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Martin_C
quote:
Originally posted by deanmcreynolds26
You better LET the euro bucket...

or what

you seriously dont want baillie to get it before you, do ya??
bradfincham

15th Dec 05 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love them, but considering a coupe t is about 7k and the 888 about 12k i would take the cheaper option for now.

Its not massively differently to a standard coupe, and then spend 5k on it, vxr turbo unit, 18's, irmscher kit, coilovers, stereo, you will have a much better car in the end.
But then theres the idea of owning only 1 of 100 cars ever built!
oba-corsa
Premium Member

15th Dec 05 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forget it just get a standard astra coup 2.0 turbo with the heated lather seats and sat nave and just get a Regal phase 1 £480 0r phase 2 £1229.00 or even a phase 3 £2204.00 coz u will have comfort and class and lots of power much better than a crape 888.
Tom

15th Dec 05 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crap 888 ^

Suspension etc and the little touches make it a much more appealing car imo.
oba-corsa
Premium Member

15th Dec 05 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but the suspension is can handle more power and the brakes and it stays stuck firmly 2 the road with the traction control on. and my cozen has a silver astra coup turbo with heated lather seats and sat nave and a regal phase phase 2 and the car eats 888s for breakfast and you do not look like a boy racer so u get lots more respect .
Tom

15th Dec 05 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jaydao2
Yes but the suspension is can handle more power and the brakes and it stays stuck firmly 2 the road with the traction control on. and my cozen has a silver astra coup turbo with heated lather seats and sat nave and a regal phase phase 2 and the car eats 888s for breakfast and you do not look like a boy racer so u get lots more respect .

respect off who I'd appreciate more the look of 'good choice' from car enthusiasts. not sure how the handling would differ though.
mwg

15th Dec 05 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want a car to mod then get the normal Turbo, if you can appreciate the uniqueness and rareity of an 888 enough to leave it standard then thats the car for you
MKC

15th Dec 05 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for some reason i find the normal coupe looks big and high and round wheras the 888 looks smaller and lower and a better shape (if u get what i mean )
mwg

15th Dec 05 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is lower, it has wider arches and spoiler to give it a more aggresive stance
oba-corsa
Premium Member

15th Dec 05 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but the astra coup turbo has 5 spoke 17” wheals when the standard astra has 6 spoke wheals and the turbo comes with a boot spoiler and it is not high it is low because my cozens astra turbo struggles over speed bumps.
and it is Reliable even with the regal phase 2 he uses it every day this car eats 888 for breakfast and if it is not
Reliable even with the regal phase 2 he uses it every day
Vices looking a nuf you can get a body kit from on.line auto.sport witch looks much better than the 888 its called infinity-gt/r and it is a rieger kit
deanmcreynolds26

15th Dec 05 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Reliable even with the regal phase 2 he uses it every day this car eats 888 for breakfast

i reckon most owners of these cars. will either have them tucked away! or drive them very sensible! wouldnt want to write off a limited edition car, well thats my opinion anyway!

tell ur cousin to come to glasgow and try race a couple of J reg astra Gsi's then we'll see who gets EATEN for breakfast
Ojc

15th Dec 05 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People look at the 888 as just another car, 100 were made, a dozen or so have been written off this makes it a very rare car, give it 10 years time and people will want to have one along side there L-reg Nova GSi, K-reg Corsa GSi, Vectra ST200, Lotus Carlton etc etc etc as its a rare car and in the Vauxhall scene its the car to have in your collection.
oba-corsa
Premium Member

15th Dec 05 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The astra has a few other modifications like its water injection the car I think it might eat them other astras.
Tom

15th Dec 05 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
If you want a car to mod then get the normal Turbo, if you can appreciate the uniqueness and rareity of an 888 enough to leave it standard then thats the car for you

Yes
mwg

15th Dec 05 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes but the astra coup turbo has 5 spoke 17” wheals when the standard astra has 6 spoke wheals and the turbo comes with a boot spoiler and it is not high it is low because my cozens astra turbo struggles over speed bumps.
and it is Reliable even with the regal phase 2 he uses it every day this car eats 888 for breakfast and if it is not
Reliable even with the regal phase 2 he uses it every day
Vices looking a nuf you can get a body kit from on.line auto.sport witch looks much better than the 888 its called infinity-gt/r and it is a rieger kit

try again in english and in structured sentences please
oba-corsa
Premium Member

15th Dec 05 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i can not spell so get lost.
Gez G

15th Dec 05 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Punctuation needs some work though.
Bram

15th Dec 05 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love them and would jump at the chance of owning one!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
15th Dec 05 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just buy a normal coupe turbo, save thousands and pick seats that match throughout the car.

Nice concept but there's no options on any of them so you have no nav/xenon to find and if you don't want people to ask you every day why your seats are different you'll need a retrim on the rear bench.

And also, the dash is tacky.
deanmcreynolds26

15th Dec 05 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The astra has a few other modifications like its water injection the car I think it might eat them other astras.

dont think so mate!
glasgow_corsa_c

15th Dec 05 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

betteroff with a standard coupe turbo then modding it imo.

the 888 is a botched up incomplete car... 2 stupid buckets slapped in witha standard interior and daft blue console.

kit was bodged on and the arches were shoddily cut aswell.

can get a coupe turbo forr 6-7k easy and spend a few k doingit wayu want it and having a complete car or spend 12k on an 888 and have an unfinished one.
GT4Brody

15th Dec 05 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deanmcreynolds26
Personally I think the 888 is a great looking car, that deserves to be left standard with only tuning goodies, bigger brakes and a nice stereo system!

The one in TV this month with the lambo doors is ruined IMO!

Their was apparantly 102 made but 12 of them have been written off already so maybe they will hold their value.. I can see it being as rare and sought after as the Nova sport in years to come.. ;-)

totally agree with you mate...on all accounts....dont need any exterior mods, perhaps small amount of engine work, intercooler map etc and decent stereo....
GT4Brody

15th Dec 05 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am going down the coupe t route, got a minter lined up. may mod it, see how the mood takes me
Dan. T

15th Dec 05 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

888 and cab turbo are insurance group 16, while the standard turbo coupe is group 15 plus there was only 100 built

[Edited on 15-12-2005 by Dan. T]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra 888 22 database queries in 0.0147259 seconds