corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Roll/show cages

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Roll/show cages
c20let

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 06 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for corsa not nova btw
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jan 06 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

safety devices went bust iirc, but are trading again from norway or somewhere, and are rather a lot to buy and ship

get a custom one made up
c20let

3rd Jan 06 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye poland.
they were meant to be starting back up theire workshop or whatever in uk ages ago. no word though.

finding somewhere close-ish to me might be a mare though.
K5-KYL

3rd Jan 06 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dimma-Sports-Cage-Vauxhall-Corsa-B_W0QQitemZ8027359868QQcategoryZ40199QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

liking that
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jan 06 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c20let
aye poland.
they were meant to be starting back up theire workshop or whatever in uk ages ago. no word though.

finding somewhere close-ish to me might be a mare though.

true, it couod be a bit difficult, i only know of one place in my area who do that sort of thing, but thats miles for you to go
jr

3rd Jan 06 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
safety devices went bust iirc, but are trading again from norway or somewhere, and are rather a lot to buy and ship

get a custom one made up

belguim, and they fucked me about so wouldnt go there, shame as there cages are
K5-KYL

3rd Jan 06 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what cage do you have jr?
jr

3rd Jan 06 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont, is lighter like that

once iive sorted out my power problem (ie i need more) i'll prob go to the same place as broster, as his looks like a really well worked item
broster
Premium Member

3rd Jan 06 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin shut up! when speaking to the people who make my cages they confirmed it was built to the "blue book" as mentioned by aritchie, i also stand by my earlier comments...... get on msn
Ant

3rd Jan 06 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought your wood of been broster, though for anybody looking to get a cage im happy with my OMP cage from tweeks, its not as close to the bodywork as id like it in some places but comes with all the FIA paperwork
jr

3rd Jan 06 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aritchie how much of a fuckwit was it to fit your cage, as i looked at the OMP one then got told its a nightmare to fit
Ant

3rd Jan 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah was a pain to fit but by nature of the size of the things a cage will always be a pain to fit yourself, also for the record it comes in erm metal finish!!! on the plus side that would save you a few grams jr!!!
jr

3rd Jan 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like your thinking
starkmotorsport

3rd Jan 06 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Competition roll cages can be fabricated by anyone, aslong as they are built according to the specifications of the MSA and FIA. There are several materials which can be used, the most common being CDS and T45. Depending on the material used, you can vary the diameter and wall thickness of your cage.

However unless you have experience with competition roll cages, Id highly recommend that you DIDNT try it yourself as unless you have good welds completely around each joint, the cage could collapse in an accident.

Safety Devices International are up and running and their cages are available to a number of us, just not commonly available to the general public.

Show cages are a complete waste of time. Apart from anyone worth their salt shaking their head at your car, they are dangerous. These arent approved by anyone, so can potentially make an accident worse, if not fatal.

I personally would never have anything to do with a "show cage"
jr

3rd Jan 06 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saftey are running, try spending money with them though and there about as usefull as a choclate based tea pot
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jan 06 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in that case, i retract my above statements and apologise to anyone i upset/harmed
broster
Premium Member

3rd Jan 06 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i was going for another cage i know where i'd go.....
Ant

3rd Jan 06 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my only bone with the omp is in this pic i feel the cage should have been sloser to the B pillers going to make a spacer up to bolt cage to std seat belt mounts on B pillers
broster
Premium Member

3rd Jan 06 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is aritchie, they cant make it too close due to sligh differences in cars and the pain it would be to fit... mines pretty tight down the drivers side with a bit of a gap on the passenger side, how most are really...
starkmotorsport

3rd Jan 06 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
Saftey are running, try spending money with them though and there about as usefull as a choclate based tea pot

Ive had no problems with them, but have heard similar stories...
Ant

3rd Jan 06 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
thing is aritchie, they cant make it too close due to sligh differences in cars and the pain it would be to fit... mines pretty tight down the drivers side with a bit of a gap on the passenger side, how most are really...

This is true mark It was a little worse than this untill I tweaked it was tight enough getting that main hoop in!!!
broster
Premium Member

3rd Jan 06 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah watching the dudes fit the main hoop in mine, man it looked like some kind of black art! i didnt think it would fit
Butler

3rd Jan 06 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What fia approved ROLL cages do they actually make in polished chrome, if they do?
broster
Premium Member

3rd Jan 06 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people who get FIA cages dont go for the namby pamby polished shite dude....
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jan 06 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hardcore chaps prefer black, and it looks better anyway

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Roll/show cages 22 database queries in 0.0186870 seconds