corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I got Id'd

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I got Id'd
Ally

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 06 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean lynny, when i was in school i worked in a newsagents and one of the girls there didn't ID some one for fags and it turned out they were from the trading standards thingy (where they send kids out to check on under aged sales) and she was fined £1k!
Gg_mf

3rd Apr 06 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand its their job. BUT when u obviously LOOk older than 18 then its silly for them to ask you. Its embarrasing when you are between 25 + 30 and you get asked for it. U shoudnt need to carry it around with you. I do understand that its their job to ask to as its their policy.
Lynny

3rd Apr 06 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ally
I know what you mean lynny, when i was in school i worked in a newsagents and one of the girls there didn't ID some one for fags and it turned out they were from the trading standards thingy (where they send kids out to check on under aged sales) and she was fined £1k!

exactly, for the person serving its easier to just ask for ID than risk it. i work in wetherspoons and we're REALLy cutting down due to 3 of the pubs in our region gettin huge fines and staff members being sacked. its not just incase its police sending someone in, we also have managers and area managers in constantly watching us (even on CCTV etc) to see who is and who isnt ID'n. I rarely do bar now since I've been promoted to supervisor, just work the floor, and i get soooo sick of spending every shift walking round, taking drinks of people and kicking them out. its getting to the stage now where we're starting to do one drink per ID at the bar, and i know other wetherspoons/lloyds are also doing this
Lynny

3rd Apr 06 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gg_mf
I understand its their job. BUT when u obviously LOOk older than 18 then its silly for them to ask you. Its embarrasing when you are between 25 + 30 and you get asked for it. U shoudnt need to carry it around with you. I do understand that its their job to ask to as its their policy.

lass got served in our pub couple months ago, was managers daughter (but no one knew this), everyone thought she was 24, got served no problem, turns out she'd just turned 16, manager sent her in to test us. Even if they do look 18, if police come in, theyre 20 but still have no ID, we can still get in bother for it
Nismo

3rd Apr 06 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont mind if i get ID'd it really doesnt bother me if you look younger than 21 you will get ID'd it can be a piss take if you obviosly dont and thats then when you make them look stupid and tell them that they need to learn how to make judgements more better.
gianluigi

3rd Apr 06 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont mind getting ID'd for drinks, but a scratch card? Come on!!! and i mean, when you see someone who looks as old as SRi Co looks (he's 24 and looks it) why bother ID'ing him, it effects the customer service. And i know exactly what SRi Co is saying, some people get really arsey when they ask fro ID, like they're a police man or something, it just seems if they are trying to piss us off
CCA

3rd Apr 06 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People with an opinion like gg_mf annoy me by saying you shouldnt need to carry id around with you but most people have a drivers license which as has been said its only credit card size so if your in a pub you have your wallet/purse with you so its no hardship to keep it there.
Also you know there is a likelyhood to be id'd these days so save the bother and just keep it with you.
If you lived somewhere like the usa if you look under 35 you get id'd.
Lynny

3rd Apr 06 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
I dont mind getting ID'd for drinks, but a scratch card? Come on!!! and i mean, when you see someone who looks as old as SRi Co looks (he's 24 and looks it) why bother ID'ing him, it effects the customer service. And i know exactly what SRi Co is saying, some people get really arsey when they ask fro ID, like they're a police man or something, it just seems if they are trying to piss us off

Only time i get arsey Id'n people is when they have an attitude with me, classic example two chavs in last night, lass was about 16, lad was 19, asked them for ID, turned round and says 'wey no i wanna see your ID first', what kind of a stupid remark is this?? get it couple of times a week of sad chavs, is it their attempt to be funny?
End of the day for people who work or have worked alot in customer services will know the crap you get and how you get spoken to like absolute shit, chances are if anyone has attitude when ID'n it's because theyre either sick of doing it, got managers etc on their back, or extremaly pissed off with customers coming in and talking down to them
Gg_mf

3rd Apr 06 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im only saying what most people think that if you look in your 30's then what is the point of being asked for it. Im sure my mum would be annoyed if she got asked for id.
Lynny

3rd Apr 06 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CCA
People with an opinion like gg_mf annoy me by saying you shouldnt need to carry id around with you but most people have a drivers license which as has been said its only credit card size so if your in a pub you have your wallet/purse with you so its no hardship to keep it there.
Also you know there is a likelyhood to be id'd these days so save the bother and just keep it with you.
If you lived somewhere like the usa if you look under 35 you get id'd.

aye my dad is 50 next year and he got Id'd in the states last year he loved it!
CCA

3rd Apr 06 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dads been id'd before and hes nearly in his 50's, just keeps his drivers license on him which saves the hassle of being id'd or if he gets pulled over by the police
Rileysport

3rd Apr 06 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never carry my wallet... ever, when you get pulled they can id you easy enough anyway without your licence
ssj_kakarot

3rd Apr 06 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 20 and got id'd for a scratch card lol, was funny i guess.

not hard to take id in your wallet with you.
Lynny

3rd Apr 06 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
im 20 and got id'd for a scratch card lol, was funny i guess.

not hard to take id in your wallet with you.

having drove into a petrol station few weeks ago, filling car up, then went in to pay for my petrol on my CREDIT card, the woman then ID'd me for a lottery ticket. this one i laughed at
gianluigi

3rd Apr 06 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont bring a wallet out.
mwg

3rd Apr 06 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you get to over 40 you will want people to I.D. you when my Mum goes to buy wine she says she wants to be I.D'd cos it would make her feel young again
Lynny

3rd Apr 06 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
When you get to over 40 you will want people to I.D. you when my Mum goes to buy wine she says she wants to be I.D'd cos it would make her feel young again

we have regulars in our pub who are 40-50, we always ID them, they tip us when we do as they love it
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Apr 06 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got id'd in wetherspoons a while back & said I never had any but i'll show you my nob instead Still didnt get a drink....& we were asked to leave
Cosmo

3rd Apr 06 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive only been ID'd once in my life (first went out at 15, now 21) and that was in Tesco's not long before xmas. Was buying a load of Stella for a party and didnt have it on me (I look older than 21 anyway FFS). Ended up having to get my GF to get her ID so she could buy them.

Stupid woman was younger than me aswell
jimmy 2.1

3rd Apr 06 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got id'd at asda 3 months ago for a redline magazine...............i'm 23
vibrio
Banned

3rd Apr 06 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy 2.1
i got id'd at asda 3 months ago for a redline magazine...............i'm 23

ys, she wanted to check to see if you were under 18
Gg_mf

3rd Apr 06 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think when you are in Tescos its mostly the young check out people that asked for id cos they are shy when it comes to putting beer etc through .The oldies dont seem to care. Hehe
Lynny

3rd Apr 06 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shy at puttin beer through?? eh??
i find its usually older ones in supermarkets who Id
gianluigi

3rd Apr 06 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people under 18 cant sell alcohol, so in tesco they need an oldie looking over them as they do it
Lynny

3rd Apr 06 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
people under 18 cant sell alcohol, so in tesco they need an oldie looking over them as they do it

they cant just have someone looking over them, by law they cant sell it at all. same as if youre under 18 working in a pub, its not just a case of you cant serve, youre actually not allowed behind the bar

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I got Id'd 22 database queries in 0.0158010 seconds