corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Back from Donny

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Back from Donny
Matt H

User status: Offline
16th Apr 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dna23
I think it'd be good if we could get something together though like showplates, spec sheets .etc so that it shows we've put a bit of thought into it and we're proud to come from that club.

What we need to do is advertise the site a little better

T-shirts, jackets, flyers, plates etc

Spec sheets only work if everyone fills them in properly
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Apr 06 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its an expensive show, £20 quid to get in is loads. I can't do much about that but I don't mind contributing to the cost of showing a car. Just needs organising so people don't get cheap/subsidised tickets through CS and then show elsewhere.
mike16v

16th Apr 06 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Just needs organising so people don't get cheap/subsidised tickets through CS and then show elsewhere.

people have done that? thats just not on
dna23

16th Apr 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
quote:

What we need to do is advertise the site a little better

T-shirts, jackets, flyers, plates etc

Spec sheets only work if everyone fills them in properly

very true on the spec sheet front but i would have hoped people took just a few minutes out to actually do them again its gonna reflect on us better as a site

the merchandise idea is great... and we kinda started it but only 1 person i think wore the corsasport polo at Trax last year
Matt H

16th Apr 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike16v
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Just needs organising so people don't get cheap/subsidised tickets through CS and then show elsewhere.

people have done that? thats just not on

CS haven't discounted tickets for shows before, but people have moved onto other stands this weekend
Matt H

16th Apr 06 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We need a new design I think for the shirts
Martin_C

16th Apr 06 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i showed on the stand all day saturday, 7 cars i think...

myself and jamie moaned like crazy to the organisers to get the stand moved, the stand we had was ten times better than the one we had previously!

to be honest, i dont think any of the infield clubs had good positions anyway, all the dust and crap ruined it.

my car ended up on the tv stand on sunday, stand in for another car, sorry to bail on cs, but i paid alot of money and travelled a long distance to show my car, kinda had to move it.

where did claire and dan a go to on sunday? didnt see them the whole day.
Matt H

16th Apr 06 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Martin_C
where did claire and dan a go to on sunday? didnt see them the whole day.

They went home apparently
dna23

16th Apr 06 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i'll work on it
Matt H

16th Apr 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

i'll work on it

Winner
mike16v

16th Apr 06 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont suppose nova's are welcome for pvs? as unfortunately i'll have 1 by then, and my mate has a mint 1 too?
N90ATH

16th Apr 06 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame to hear bout donny u should of givin me a call, doen bugger all weekend, , i know my cars not the best but it could of made an extra cal lol

cant wait for pvs hopefully a gd turnout like last yr
MatG

16th Apr 06 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian you may or may not know but we pulled Donny as a show we would have a stand at. I think many of your problems are the show problems not yours! It was far to expensive, Donny show organisers are very very difficult to get on with, and generally the show seemed very disorganised from day one.

If its going to stay at Donnington Park I seriously doubt astrasport will ever have a presence.
Rus

16th Apr 06 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame to hear it was a bad turn out, i'm very confident pvs will be a fantastic turn out.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

16th Apr 06 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people leaving the CS stand for a better place made the CS stand look even worse, totally crap sitting with 4 cars on trying to show what is probably one of the biggest (member wise) clubs there is!

I stuck it out until everyone else decided they would piss of and decided to start the trek back up north!

Take donny back to donny is the only thing that can save it

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
dna23

16th Apr 06 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike16v
dont suppose nova's are welcome for pvs? as unfortunately i'll have 1 by then, and my mate has a mint 1 too?

PVS: performance vauxhall show

your more than welcome mate... and can show on the CS stand as its a corsa a
mike16v

16th Apr 06 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just know we have had this debate for last couple of years and there has been a strictly corsa only rule applied (apart from nismo in the rex )

[Edited on 16-04-2006 by mike16v]
Joe

16th Apr 06 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the pics i have seen the whole place looked a bit of a shithole to be honest. Our stand didnt look too impressive, next to a wheelie bin. But the rest looked a bit crap too, just looked like a load of cars on a field with a gravel path.

Anyway i shall be there for PVS and im camping and bloody looking forward to it!
Matt H

16th Apr 06 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
From the pics i have seen the whole place looked a bit of a shithole to be honest. Our stand didnt look too impressive, next to a wheelie bin. But the rest looked a bit crap too, just looked like a load of cars on a field with a gravel path.

Anyway i shall be there for PVS and im camping and bloody looking forward to it!

Like I said you cant compare shows to pictures

You cant walk up around a picture, chat to its owner & eye up his Mrs

What would you rather do - Watch a game of footy live or watch a game of footy on the TV? See my point?
Joe

16th Apr 06 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i see your point Matt, just what i've seen has'nt sold it to me. The main thing is the people that didnt show i think, I never put my name down because i knew i wouldnt be coming. Just a shame people say they will and then they dont bother.

But in answer to your question i'd rather watch footie on TV, on my sofa
dna23

16th Apr 06 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

i'll work on it

Winner

still same font just playing with ideas
Matt H

16th Apr 06 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, we need to keep the font but maybe have something on the back? Make them look a little more exciting?

Or go crazy & have some football style shirts printed? Or hockey ones? Can really play with the designs then

[Edited on 16-04-2006 by Matt H]
dna23

16th Apr 06 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i was going for simplicity... cud be more colours tbh or something like a flag of your region e.g. scotland, wales, england and ireland inside the corsasport.co.uk or some small corsa's along the top of the writing it's all ideas lol
Alex

16th Apr 06 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and timmy went along and were a bit disapointed, the cs stand had about 7 cars on it when we were there.

numerous other cs cars about the place like ian said.

to be fair though i thought the whole show wasnt that great. We talked to a few of the trade stands and they said the same as what we thought, that the whole thing was very badly organised by the event organisers.

The place that the CS stand ended up with was a joke, and the amount of dust that was blowing up onto the cars made it a futile task to even try and keep cars clean or have people standing for a while to look at them.

There didnt seem much support for the stand generally, when we got there corsa_crew was needing help with the flags to put them down but no one else was about or seemed to be bothering about the stand, so we helped him get them down and take them over to his car.

As a lot of people have said £20 is a lot of money, the good point was though that the track was open and events were going on.

It was very similar to trax, but didnt have the organisation that it does. It also was very spread out and hard to find things we found. There seemed a lot of stuff about but not much to look at really. There were too many stages that people were dispersed round. For example when Dan joyce from dirty sanchez was up on the castrol stage there were about 20 people there listening to him which seems a bit poor to me.

then they made a big deal of the ripspeed dancers coming on, and there were about 40/50 people there watching them.

A lot of people got bored very quickly and went home early in the day.

and the main thing was the lack of hot birds
James

16th Apr 06 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes those designs certainly put cs on the map

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Back from Donny 23 database queries in 0.0165801 seconds