corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » clio 172 and redtop nova

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clio 172 and redtop nova
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Apr 06 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the nova, depending on whats been done to the XE and how healthy it is, should beat a standard 172. my mate just sold his 172 cup and it was damn quick, but I dont think as fast as a XE'd nova
broster
Premium Member

30th Apr 06 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the clio aint exactly a heavy car, it has more power, its newer, the xe nova isn't all that tbh!
Adam_B

30th Apr 06 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a stripped nova will be about 200kgs lighter, yes the clio has more power but 10-15 bhp isnt going to make any difference over 200kgs.
broster
Premium Member

30th Apr 06 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is that but when did everyone start racing JUST in straight lines.
Adam_B

30th Apr 06 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the same time clios became these amazing cars that seem to be able to defy the laws of phsics if you listen to half the people on the internet
Ant

30th Apr 06 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
at the same time clios became these amazing cars that seem to be able to defy the laws of phsics if you listen to half the people on the internet

broster
Premium Member

30th Apr 06 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

out the packet they are ace cars, best package you can buy out the factory! look at the trophy for a start!
Adam_B

30th Apr 06 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree. but this 1100kg lump of metal and plastic doesnt have an infinite amount of grip, my friends 182 is quite tail happy.
Bullet Proof SRi

30th Apr 06 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aint got a clue about how fast the clio 172, corsa xe or redtop novas are, but could a peugeot 106 gti or saxo vts compete with any
Steve
Premium Member

30th Apr 06 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

106gti will stay with a 172 off the mark up to about 80
Bullet Proof SRi

30th Apr 06 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mm not bad then i supose, that must go the same for the vts as i thinkl they are the same engine, and weight is roughly the same

what about the gti and vts against the 2ltr corsa

[Edited on 30-04-2006 by Bullet Proof SRi]
Steve
Premium Member

30th Apr 06 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are exactly the same car in everyway mate
fragpot

30th Apr 06 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

code:

Stirpped XE nova Clio 172
150.0 bhp @ 6000 rpm 170bhp @ 6250rpm
144 lbft @ 4800 rpm 147lb ft @ 5400rpm
900Kg 1035kg
167bhp/ton 167bhp/ton

Seems pretty evenly matched to me, i've not driven a clio 172 but I'm guessing it will handle better than a nova van.

[Edited on 30-04-2006 by fragpot]
bradfincham

30th Apr 06 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I made the wiser choice and went from a car that didnt handle, couldnt put the power down as well and was noisy/bumpy to a standard car which i personally cannot fault

perhaps that has something to do with it?
Adam_B

30th Apr 06 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i completely agree the clio is a much better car, what i dont agree with is the image they have of being totaly untouchable by any other fwd hatchback. Its not an opinion formed from reading magazines and what other people put on the internet, but from me actully chasing a 182 down a country lane and vise versa. there was nothing in it.

[Edited on 30-04-2006 by Adam_B]
Ry_B
Banned

30th Apr 06 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look...at the end of the day:

Clio = French but handles like it's on rails

Nova = rusty 20+year old ugly square box on wheels
mwg

30th Apr 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rcb
Look...at the end of the day:

Clio = French but handles like it's on rails

Nova = rusty 20+year old classic

I'd have a Nova XE even though they dont handle aswell
bradfincham

30th Apr 06 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As i said early as well that from 60+ the corsa/nova will be on par with the clio but of the line the clio has the grip

There not totally invincible either, but given the right driver they can be very fast.

On numerous occasions i have chased CTRs and sat with them, round the bends ive had the speed to overtake but not just enough to make it pass

But the CTR with the right driver should pull a marginal lead on the clio
broster
Premium Member

30th Apr 06 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv chased many a 182 and type r in the past, round the bends and down the srtaights, depends hwo has the biggest balls really
Ant

30th Apr 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an age old thing this, I agree with almost evey comment here and if I had the money I would buy a clio 172 as a starting point for a track car and im sure it would be real weapon by the time it had been tweaked to the degree some of the corsa's on here have been.

However as I dont ill stick to m y VX loyalties for now and simile nowing that my 10 year old vx can 'catch out' a fair few modern hot hatches esp when the drivers are caught naping as its 'only a nova/corsa'!!!
cash_2_my_corsa

1st May 06 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nova all the way as my corsa can beat my m8s 17poo
Little Vik

1st May 06 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a 17poo and it was quick, and the handling was really good. Alot of it would depend where you raced them and on the two drivers, if youve got someone that cares about their nova they will back off way before the clio owner would because its an older car, and wont feel quite as confident as the clio that it will get you home after. i notice this with my focus and corsa, i drive the focus alot harder then the corsa because i know the focus will get me home after whilst the corsas a bit more tempermental and fragile.
alistairolsen

1st May 06 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my nova for instance probably has a higher terminal cornering speed than a 172, but you never drive right to it on the road as its so stiff and twitchy, the clio is still compliant enough that you can give it 101% If you put a decent nova up against a 172 on track I think it would be interesting, on the road, the clio driver will be able to push it further reliably
Ry_B
Banned

1st May 06 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

17poo?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » clio 172 and redtop nova 22 database queries in 0.0143828 seconds