corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Generally - do you drive "hard"?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Generally - do you drive "hard"?
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
19th May 06 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the people saying yes on the back roads as if it is better to speed on the back roads. It is far more dangerous to speed on A and B roads. Half the time you cant see round the next corner and is a good chance of something running across the road, rabbits etc. cld be cow/sheep/horse/old biddy on road. Not wise!

I know far to many people who have died on back roads, was one just the other night who was a friend of one of my best mates.

i sound like an old man

i tend to stick to 3.5rpm
bit faster on dual carrigeway
a_j_mair

19th May 06 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i very nearly smashed headon into a traffic car when i was having a 'spirited' drive along a wee single lane back road was in a mood and nailing it, round a corner cop car, touched brakes, locked up off brakes and took for the grass managed to miss all telegraph poles, ditches etc and came out the other side and just kept goin they turned and came after me. To say i had left big skid marks was an under statement if ever i have heard one! werent on the road either

bit more sensibile now though
loo_goblin

19th May 06 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

harder than i drive my fuck buddies
Doug

19th May 06 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
when i had the 1 litre corsa i had no option but to drive hard 5k in every gear just to get moving

I am like this now in mine

Should have a quicker car in sept though
Rob B

19th May 06 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i regulary boot it to the end of 3rd then it normally stops there < i dont generally give my car much shit though as i like to look after it, for example was drving pootling along normally and got an MG ZR up my arse so you happily boot it then, but i dont generally "race" my self much.
mav

19th May 06 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't really drive that hard, now and again I will give it some stick upto the 'speed limit' on motorways etc...

Don't really 'race' either if somebody comes right up my arse egging me on most of the time if it's on 30-40 roads i just slow down that wee bit more

My car never goes above 3k rpm when cold either
Marc

19th May 06 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother once went through Castle Howard in his mini and had rabbits flying up left right and centre
Marc

19th May 06 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
most of the time if it's on 30-40 roads i just slow down that wee bit more

I do that too, great fun isn't it

I keep mine below 3k too, until the oil temp has got up. I don't pay any attention to the water temp.
alistairolsen

19th May 06 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id far rather do 100 on a good a road in the middle of the night with no traffic than join the endless tossers doing a ton down the outside lane of the motorway weaving in and out. Its all a case of assessed risk, yes, there are inherent risks down an a road, but you drive within what you reckon the limit is. Are you prepared to risk there being a cow on the road round the next bend? How well do you know the road, where are the gateways that cars can appear from? Where is there likely to be animal traffic mud on the road, or spilled diesel?

There is no point in driving like a tool round town, it doesnt get you anywhere, and as for folk who use slip lanes as an overtaking opportunity on motorways So I tend to drive within the law, carefully and keeping a good eye out when Im in town.

Sorry if that makes me a geek for not racing everything going down the local 40mph duallie
Ditch

19th May 06 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paste the arse off my car once the oil reaches 90degrees...

having an oil temp gauge is an excuse to rag it once its upto temp
ed

19th May 06 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I speed when I'm on my own. I drive at the speed limit when I have others in the car. Seems like a strange concept but it works for me.
Ry_B
Banned

19th May 06 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
oh i very nearly smashed headon into a traffic car when i was having a 'spirited' drive along a wee single lane back road was in a mood and nailing it, round a corner cop car, touched brakes, locked up off brakes and took for the grass managed to miss all telegraph poles, ditches etc and came out the other side and just kept goin they turned and came after me. To say i had left big skid marks was an under statement if ever i have heard one! werent on the road either

Did you get done for that then?
bradfincham

19th May 06 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i have mates in the car i usually drive normal limit speed, or if its late or night and i know the road and they want to see what the car can do i will go to about 70% my speed, but be very cautious etc.

With the missus in the car i generally drive about 60% my speed as she loves it, and feels safe.

When im on my own, its a clear night/day, i know the road extremely well then i will push my car a fair bit. I will do say a 10 mile drive in a few minutes!

But i only find MY limit when im on track, and ive never lost the clio or had it sideways, same with the corsa
bradfincham

19th May 06 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i had the red corsa and I was 18 and young and foolish i could do 16 miles i think it was in 8 minutes or something
Mather.16v

19th May 06 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would make an average of 120mph
Rileysport

19th May 06 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i had the bike i used to be a nutter... drove it like a guided missile
ed

19th May 06 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's funny how this hasn't turned into an argument thread. I suppose the voice of reason (davido) is online at the moment.
bradfincham

19th May 06 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mather.16v
that would make an average of 120mph

Ok 9-10 minutes it was under 10 minutes!

Thank god i grew up
timrud_

19th May 06 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I drive hard.
broster
Premium Member

19th May 06 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends what car im in, if its the ladies fiesta i drive it slowly and take care of it, my corsa however gets pasted everywhere i go no matter what! wait for it to warm up, just, then abuse it, thats what its for...... i love it, it loves it.

Laney

19th May 06 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like a lot of people have said, in the old 1.2 8v I used to rag the hell out of it to get anywhere

The Astra never really goes above 3k in town and I'll happily do 80 down the motorway.

I don't feel the need to boot it at all I think I've grown up
Gez G

19th May 06 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont kick the stones out of my car or anything like that, usually commuting etc I just chill but occasionally when its late etc I feel like a wee blast like coming up slip roads etc il take it up to about 120 then back off.

At the end of the day I didnt buy a turbo car not to boot it now and then!

Although if Im out with my mate in his Integra TypeR thats a different story!

[Edited on 19-05-2006 by Gez G]
sxi16vjoe

19th May 06 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to stick the cruise control on my Astra at about 100. If I didnt have that I'd have driven everywhere at 140
Haimsey
Premium Member

19th May 06 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont tend to drive hard at all really, unless im annoyed at something
compared to a mate i drive like a granny since he manages to do over 50mph in 2nd gear and red lines most of his gears (ps. he isnt a chav, just a twat )

[Edited on 19-05-2006 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Gregor

19th May 06 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 1.2 8v .

This is the norm

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Generally - do you drive "hard"? 23 database queries in 0.0202169 seconds