corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Carbon Fibre bits and Pieces

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Carbon Fibre bits and Pieces
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jun 06 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the minute, the facilities are in place to make just about anything one-off - but theres an inherent cost with producing single items
cant see us selling many bumpers/tailgates etc and the markets flooded for bonnets

We're looking mainly for generic products that we can make a few of - relatively cheaply and competetively priced - which can be used from one car to the next with no or minor alterations
Matt H

16th Jun 06 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stuff like wings & doors some people may leave unpainted

So for the price of a new wing + painting it probably wont be far off a carbon one
Robin
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'd sell a few bootlids, and i can think of 3 or 4 people who'd buy bumpers
Robin
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, the kind of stuff you plan to make isnt gonna attract people. who wants carbon fibre sun visors ffs
Matt H

16th Jun 06 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
At the minute, the facilities are in place to make just about anything one-off - but theres an inherent cost with producing single items
cant see us selling many bumpers/tailgates etc and the markets flooded for bonnets

We're looking mainly for generic products that we can make a few of - relatively cheaply and competetively priced - which can be used from one car to the next with no or minor alterations

But your doing gay chavvy looking parts like side spoilers & sun visors

What you've got to understand is that most people who want to save weight & will pay money to do so wont want to be bolting generic pointless stuff onto their cars! It might be carbon fibre but it'll still add weight!

Get some wings, doors, boots & arch trims done. They will sell!
Sandsy

i would be interested in a carbon fibre bad boyed louvered bonnet,spoiler,steinmetz front and rear splitter replica's,door pockets,piller plastics,and dash let me know how you can help me out mate
Matt H

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
also, the kind of stuff you plan to make isnt gonna attract people. who wants carbon fibre sun visors ffs

My point exactly!
Robin
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what he said
RichR
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just for starters - the current Ebay adverts for "real" (not GRP with a single skin carbon or ABS with Carbon effect covers) but "Real" carbon battery covers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-REAL-Carbon-battery-cover-corsa-astra-vectra_W0QQitemZ8074501312QQcategoryZ43119QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Robin
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically, what you need is a corsa

then you need to take everything off it, and make a mould.

everything which can be replaced, will sell
RichR
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only way at this stage we could go about doing the larger items - ie Bumpers/ tailgates / etc

would be to set up a group buy - we would have to ensure a set number of people who want the item before we set about moulding or making the item - otherwise the cost for a one off item will be ridiculous in order to cover the cost of the mould tool

was thinking of small items because theres little cost initially to set up the moulding so the cost can be shared equally and retrieved quickly - hence looking for generic items

however as mentioned we will do anything - but its down to cost

weve got Caterham Seven cycle wings ( the front wheels covers) on a group buy with a club at the minute - 15 people stepped up - we adjusted cost accordingly and tyhey're being made now

from a business point of view the smaller generic items carry less risk, and we can sell them by mass - whereas if we were to make a bumper mould and then only sell 2 we'd have wasted out time!

would anyone be interested in a group buy of either a GSi spoiler or GSi front bumper
Jake

16th Jun 06 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have any pictures to show quality of the weave?
broster
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id love a gsi rear spoiler, so long as it was exactly the same shape as standard one
RichR
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will have - take a look at some of the ebay items - but with backgrounds in automotive and composite engineering along with my personal experience with yacht manufacture, design and consultancy - the experience to produce items to a very high standard is there.....

its also possible, with the correct numbers to produce items using Kevlar, coloured weave carbons and GRP if required

All products are made from 195 - 375gsm 2-2 Twill 3k carbon with polyester or Epoxy resin systems dependant on application
Robin
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me too.

along with all the other bits i mentioned
RichR
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh was thinking sunvisors - because they're relatively easy to make and you could save 400-500 g - which for people like JR aft and ever lighter car means another 1/2 kg saving but without losing them completely
Robin
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but theres the hardcore;

me, jr, ak, muppetsport? broster? matt h?

who would pay good money for wings, bootlids, doors, anything which was lighter than standard parts......
tooolbox timmy

16th Jun 06 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also would be interested in spoiler
RichR
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
but theres the hardcore;

me, jr, ak, muppetsport? broster? matt h?

who would pay good money for wings, bootlids, doors, anything which was lighter than standard parts......

so lets say we did a group buy and made ourselves £20-£30 on each item - were not here to rip people off - but only sell 5 making ourselves £100

we make that every two weeks on battery covers - which seem to be a steady trade - plus the more we make, both small and large - the more we can take account of bulk buying discounts off our suppliers which in turn would be passed on

before even contemplating larger items we need definate numbers - I'm going to try and get hold of a GSi spoiler this week and we can go from there towards a group buy
mike16v

16th Jun 06 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lee im sure sum1 interested in the group buy wud even lend u a gsi spoiler for u to take the mould from, for abit more of a discount im sure

[Edited on 16-06-2006 by mike16v]
Sandsy

16th Jun 06 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lee i would really be interested in a gsi spoiler infact where do i send my money,
c20let

16th Jun 06 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you could make and the quality was top id buy :

- carbon panels from end of rear doorcards to tailgate
- carbon interior pillar panels
cunningham

16th Jun 06 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carbon arches are the way forward
Robin
Premium Member

16th Jun 06 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

little circles to pit in the middle of ring grommets.
bieransri

16th Jun 06 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

intrested in carbon arches also

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Carbon Fibre bits and Pieces 22 database queries in 0.0159450 seconds