corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » whats more important? **now with outcome of what happened on page 2****

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats more important? **now with outcome of what happened on page 2****
Jules S
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Aug 06 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Given the money involved I would have thought he is comission based.

Better to leave any job on good terms, playing up will just see you sacked and a poor reference
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

1st Aug 06 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules, my wages are made up of about 70% commission so I have no choice but to work hard

but thats what I enjoy doing! but working hard isnt the main attribute that my company looks for in an employee, its wether they can use a swipe card properly it seems
Jules S
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Explain how you feel and suggest flexitime?
Dave A

1st Aug 06 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the managing director has told me that theres a job there for life if i want it (which I do) but I cant cope with being employed.
Jules

1st Aug 06 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
Jules, my wages are made up of about 70% commission so I have no choice but to work hard

but thats what I enjoy doing! but working hard isnt the main attribute that my company looks for in an employee, its wether they can use a swipe card properly it seems

Hmm on a bit of a sticky wicket then I'm afraid, at the end of the day they do pay your big wages, but you do work damned hard for them and I'm sure if you weren't pulling your weight then you would of been pulled up on it by now.
Only thing I can suggest is maybe trying to work out somekind of agreement where you meet in the middle - can you work be done from home? Maybe suggest a cut in commisions if you can work from home?

Hard to know what to suggest without knowing the in's and outs of your job really
Jules

1st Aug 06 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
Explain how you feel and suggest flexitime?

Or what my namesake suggested!
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Aug 06 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Is it just my place or do other employers whinge about the most pathetic things even if you do your job properly and meet your targets etc...
Your ability to do the job properly is largely ignored when it comes to moaning about nothing.
Jules S
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's sales though...

If the bloke is good at what he does, then his employers are going to try to get the absolute Max out of him.

I'd be interested to hear what he does too.....I see loads of reps/sales/designers.....and they all come to see me. I can't see an office based salesman being much use
Dave A

1st Aug 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

working from home is an option If they allow me to go self employed again, Infact thats the only way I could do it.

The reason I was forced to go employed in the first place was to do with the companies insurance and having self emplyed people working from the premises.

also the 2 hours a day in a car getting back and fore to work is a pain.
Dave A

1st Aug 06 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jules s what do you do?
Jules S
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
jules s what do you do?

Architect
Robbo

1st Aug 06 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
working from home is an option If they allow me to go self employed again, Infact thats the only way I could do it.

The reason I was forced to go employed in the first place was to do with the companies insurance and having self emplyed people working from the premises.

also the 2 hours a day in a car getting back and fore to work is a pain.
Sounds much more like an IR35 thing tbh... u would hav ebeen deemd t be employed regardles sof your actual employment status...
Robbo

1st Aug 06 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
They sound gay, hand in your notice.

true,

But he must be on a fair amount of £££, and he's in sales.

Nasty cut throat world that
Hell yes, I was conducting a Sarbanes Oxley test recently (US Corp Gov. Audit thing) and got to view targets that sales people must meet and what they must get into every call etc... hideous hideous job BUT if you are good at it there are few things that pay as well!!
Jules S
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any sales/commission job is a hiding to nothing.

These days I can sometimes see 10 reps/salesmen or more a week.

I've lost count of the amount of times i've heard 'yeah, good job a few years back...earned them £3m of sales last year....now they've upped my target quotia to £4m'

Thankless task IMO....had a rep last week who wasn't allowed/couldn't visit me.

I simply decided to specify a different product that their rep could visit and run me through the product
Robbo

1st Aug 06 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can be a nonsense!

Well if I get the role im after it is as a commerical anlyst (ie sales analyst) so can kick them uo the arse for u!
JadeM
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them to go fuck themselves if your not happy!!! Thats what I do
Crutey

1st Aug 06 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How about doin the crap job and saving up to give you a start on the average pay good job?
Matt H

1st Aug 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in this same boat at the moment except my job pays nowhere near what Dave gets

Can I have your job?
Nath

1st Aug 06 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

B for a while, then when your comfortable switch to A.
Robbo

1st Aug 06 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
Im in this same boat at the moment except my job pays nowhere near what Dave gets

Can I have your job?
Yoiur welcome to my job, £27k pa but its dulla s shit and u have to deal with a bunvch of foreign morons
Matt H

1st Aug 06 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Course you have to deal with foreign morons, it is England after all

PS thanks, when do I start?
Robbo

1st Aug 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol mostly stoopid americans lol

give it 3 mths until i have got a new job lol
JadeM
Premium Member

1st Aug 06 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I left my job to take a lesser paid one for a few months then back to college & hopefully get another job after that paying 3x what I was on!! Im just enjoying life atm & not taking work too seriously!! I want to have a good mix of A & B by the time I have as many commitments that I have no choice but to slog away at it!! Just now I dont so im not giving a fuck!!

[Edited on 01-08-2006 by JadeM]
Dave A

2nd Aug 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Called a meeting with the boss today and said that I am going to leave at the end of the month due to the petty behaviour and treatment of certain senior staff in personell. he agreed that I was right and asked what I wanted.

Got what I wanted, working from home, self employed, keep my basic salary as a retainer and full commission.

cant wait to work from home, no getting up at 8am, no 30 mile drive to work, no clocking in and out, no 40% tax to pay, no boss, no silly office politics.

Ry_B
Banned

2nd Aug 06 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » whats more important? **now with outcome of what happened on page 2**** 22 database queries in 0.0137439 seconds