corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Tonights Results - Congrats Chelsea!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tonights Results - Congrats Chelsea!
GREG 1

User status: Offline
24th Aug 06 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't see it, I watched the game live last night.
Ojc

24th Aug 06 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But what about Aston Villas win? Wasn't it a thing of beauty!!
Hammer

24th Aug 06 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MON is a managerial genius
Ojc

24th Aug 06 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

READING ARE CNUTS
John G

24th Aug 06 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by John G
think utd are gonna b high runners this year even though they havent spend

They bought 2 players

i mean they havent gone out and bought a fair few player like the other few top clubs, youv just tweaked about with the current squad

everyone was expecting them to get viera and other players of that caliba besides carrick (not worthy of the moeny you spent) you havent bought much
Marc

24th Aug 06 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't really need much though. A striker would have being nice but that won't happen now. Hargreaves situation is just dragging on now. Would have been good to have but it isn't going to happen. But yeah they should do well!

[Edited on 24-08-2006 by Marc]
Edd

24th Aug 06 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sxi04
MON is a managerial genius

Cosmo

24th Aug 06 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Didn't really need much though.

You needed more than any of the top 4 clubs IMO, as you had no central midfield and also sold a 25 goal a season forward. Your midfield is doing well against smaller teams, but come up against some decent ones and I think it will be found wanting, by a long way. Hargreaves or Senna would of evened it out alot better.
Tom

24th Aug 06 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This just pisses me off I am glad chelsea lost but ffs if liverpool could've got off to a winning start Boro are turning into chelsea's nasty prem game

Glad everton didn't win, man u can gtf

[Edited on 24-08-2006 by Tom]
--Dave--
Banned

24th Aug 06 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fcuking ITV4 last night

Henry won a free kick and then boom, black screen. Then the ITV 4 logo. Flicked to the Man Utd game and back again, still nothing. This continued for 7-8 minutes and then when it came back on (minus sound) we had scored

Shoot channel
--Dave--
Banned

24th Aug 06 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recorded MOTD last night so will watch it tonight whilst eating a pot noodle. Great goal by Fletcher, kept his head well. Good to see the baby face assassin score as well. I hope Man Utd and Liverpool challenge Chelsea a bit more this season (I don't think Arsenal will).

Chelsea GTF with your billions, what use is it if you can't beat Boro?

Also, few Mancs on here need to learn how to discuss matches constructively instead of just praising Man U post after post.
Tom

24th Aug 06 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
Recorded MOTD last night so will watch it tonight whilst eating a pot noodle. Great goal by Fletcher, kept his head well. Good to see the baby face assassin score as well. I hope Man Utd and Liverpool challenge Chelsea a bit more this season (I don't think Arsenal will).

Chelsea GTF with your billions, what use is it if you can't beat Boro?

Also, few Mancs on here need to learn how to discuss matches constructively instead of just praising Man U post after post.

I don't think judging on our start (I know it's only a few games with cl) liverpool are gonna improve much on last year. We seem to be getting injury stricken already and we have the toughest start of the season for a while

Hopefully we'll bring in alves soon

Don't get me wrong i'm happy with our signings etc just a bit down beat at the minute

I don't see why arsenal won't challenge tbh and agree that man utd are unable to be critical of their own team but then i've known this for years.

I'm sure chelsea will bounce back.
Cosmo

24th Aug 06 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I don't think judging on our start (I know it's only a few games with cl) liverpool are gonna improve much on last year. We seem to be getting injury stricken already and we have the toughest start of the season for a while

We will improve. I mean we beat Chelsea (a full strength side more or less) in the Chairity Shield and then drew away to Shef Utd which wont be an easy play for any team to go this season IMO.

The next 5 or 6 games will show who will be up there this season I think, its pointless to make any judgements from the first few games though.
Marc

24th Aug 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
You needed more than any of the top 4 clubs IMO, as you had no central midfield and also sold a 25 goal a season forward. Your midfield is doing well against smaller teams, but come up against some decent ones and I think it will be found wanting, by a long way. Hargreaves or Senna would of evened it out alot better.

Hard to say at the moment, as you youv'e said we havn't had a decent opponent yet. We had injured players last season that were out and seeing them back this season may fill some of the gaps youv'e mentioned. Agreed about the lack of midfield, Scholes been out for most of the season didn't help and will be interesting to see if Carrick can fill Keanes shoes. To be honest I don't think we've really been the same in midfield since we sold Phil Neville. People may slag him off but we've definatlye being lacking since he left.
Cosmo

24th Aug 06 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Hard to say at the moment, as you youv'e said we havn't had a decent opponent yet. We had injured players last season that were out and seeing them back this season may fill some of the gaps youv'e mentioned. Agreed about the lack of midfield, Scholes been out for most of the season didn't help and will be interesting to see if Carrick can fill Keanes shoes. To be honest I don't think we've really been the same in midfield since we sold Phil Neville. People may slag him off but we've definatlye being lacking since he left.

Carrick will never fill Keanes shoes, he just isnt that kind of midfielder. IMO he is more like Scholes with a bit better tackling! Thats why you need someone like Hargreaves (best you could buy ATM IMO!)

Your forwards seem to be doing a great job, just not sure against harder defenses if they'll do what RVN did for you consistantly.
Marc

24th Aug 06 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the Hargreaves adventure is over!!!
Jamie Walby

24th Aug 06 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theo Walcott is Henrys rent boy
--Dave--
Banned

24th Aug 06 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theo looked average when he came on last night. Can tell he hasn't played much football at the top level. His decision making was poor and he rushed himself a bit whenever he got the ball.
Jamie Walby

24th Aug 06 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

set up a goal though, i can see the potential there TBH
Cosmo

24th Aug 06 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Theo looked average when he came on last night. Can tell he hasn't played much football at the top level. His decision making was poor and he rushed himself a bit whenever he got the ball.

That'll all come with time though, the amount of youngsters who come through and just lack that quickness to make a decision is huge, but a season or two and he'll be a great player.
Sooty
Banned

24th Aug 06 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

who the fk do you think you are Alan Hansen
Tom

24th Aug 06 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

We will improve. I mean we beat Chelsea (a full strength side more or less) in the Chairity Shield and then drew away to Shef Utd which wont be an easy play for any team to go this season IMO.

The next 5 or 6 games will show who will be up there this season I think, its pointless to make any judgements from the first few games though.

Yeah you talk sense, I do think we should've been able to beat sheffutd if we wana challenge this season, it's these games that'll make the difference at the end of the season. We have a very tough start to the season yeah if we can get into some sort of run of form during those we won't be doing ourselves any harm. I hope we start taking the seemingly 'smaller' games just as serious as cl games etc this season though we have enough good options not to have to 'rest' people for these games this season.
Robbo

24th Aug 06 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I thought Walcot looked top draw again, set up the 2nd goal as well for good measure!
--Dave--
Banned

25th Aug 06 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
quote:

who the fk do you think you are Alan Hansen

LMFAO!

No
--Dave--
Banned

25th Aug 06 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

That'll all come with time though, the amount of youngsters who come through and just lack that quickness to make a decision is huge, but a season or two and he'll be a great player.

of course. What goal did he set up? I missed the first one due to ITVs shoot coverage and only caught a glimpse of Flamini blasting in the 2nd.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Tonights Results - Congrats Chelsea! 23 database queries in 0.0195749 seconds